"I Tried To Be A Good Girl. I Tried To Be Your Wife..."

Guest Not4Pussies

Guest Not4Pussies

a lot of you say Madonna didn't tone it down and "behave" (in madonna's terms) when she was married to Mr Ritchie, but come on, that something something that was missing from her when she was married came back full on during MDNA. it actually started to emerge during Confessions (whoopiedo knows what I mean)

the ritchie years

nrj_%25252810%252529.jpg

to this

madonna-billboard-awards.jpg

"Diminished myself and I swallowed my light"

2e7f4ea91c899ff8be00f5ba6981e4ce.jpg

madonna-interview-magazine-june-2010.jpg

I hate this saying (gaga), but she didn't let her freak flag fly during the Ritchie years. He must of not been a fan of it.

But LAV/LS at MDNA tour is very telling. He wanted her covered up. He wanted her looking like a lady.

But it was her choice to do all that. Go back to all the interviews from 2001 and 2002, she wanted to be a good wife. She wanted to play house and be a wife. Guy didn't force it on her. So don't throw your show at me.

Yep, I agree.

She did repress herself during those years, but I think some are exaggerating when discussing the 'power' Guy Ritchie had over her, I mean sometimes it comes across to me that some people are implying he literally FORCED her to not behave in that way she wanted to. Obviously, it was her decision after all as well.

Either way, he's a dick.

I'm sure he's a good father and they had a good time overall but yes I'm not the biggest ritchie fan either. what christopher said didn't help that gut feeling. something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. the difference compared to 2000-2007-08 and now is so obvious & telling. when she was with jesus or brahim she seemed more like herself.

I'm calling bullshit on this one...

Madonna%2Bpopmagazine02_003.jpg

Madonna%2BHollywood_2003PNG.png

madonna-46-bday.jpg

tumblr_muhnhbLfrf1rnfvefo1_1280.jpg

People always assert that she began 'coming out of her shell again' during COADF but the opposite is actually true! She was very friendly and lost demure in behaviour. Her clothing was never overtly sexual or her image dark...

vanity_fair_party_news.jpg

People forget about the age of her children too. Madonna had a young child during ROL and she was very modest because of that (I feel). Then when Rocco arrived that modesty kind of continued and yet changed. As her children are growing older she's changing because as with most normal human beings her responsibilities and activities dictate her behaviour.

People forget about the age of her children too. Madonna had a young child during ROL and she was very modest because of that (I feel). Then when Rocco arrived that modesty kind of continued and yet changed. As her children are growing older she's changing because as with most normal human beings her responsibilities and activities dictate her behaviour.

you're right about that.

i always tought she grew up and matured, having kids starting a family. now she sometimes seems in a midlife crisis....another failed marriage, the kids she's dating, constantly running around without pants, those grillz....as long as shes having fun and living life to the fullest

Guest Not4Pussies

It wasn't just about her showing her tits and her ass. I mean she says it herself in IDGA. That spark was missing. Especially in 03. Would she had released the AL video if she wasnt married with Ritchie? Anyway Madonna said herself guy didn't like it when she showed her boobs.

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm calling bullshit on this one...

Madonna%2Bpopmagazine02_003.jpg

Madonna%2BHollywood_2003PNG.png

madonna-46-bday.jpg

tumblr_muhnhbLfrf1rnfvefo1_1280.jpg

People always assert that she began 'coming out of her shell again' during COADF but the opposite is actually true! She was very friendly and lost demure in behaviour. Her clothing was never overtly sexual or her image dark...

vanity_fair_party_news.jpg

Always so kind.

And who's to say that their relationship was perfect during COADf?

People obsess way too much over the whole Ritchie years. She wasn't walking around like lady of the manor. She did a photoshoot and people somehow believe she was like that 24/7 365. Realistically she was the same as she is now. In tracksuits or black for down time, creative dressing for private occasions and glamour and sex appeal for work occasions.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna was a married woman at the time. Everyone changes to a certain degree when they have their partner. The Madonna spark was well and truly there. The interviews, the videos, the tours she wS still Madonna. Madonna also says "tweeting in the elevator" in IDGA, not everything is to be taken so literal. Madonna has always worn floral dresses even back in the 80s. In her private life she dresses quite conservatively. Even pap shots of her now she's always covered up. In fact take away LAV on MDNA she shows more skin on RIT than MDNA.

You can't discredit all of I Don't Give A because she says she tweets on elevators. The lyrics are telling of the relationship in the same way Best Friend and I Fucked Up are.

I don't think Madonna was any less "Madonna" in the Ritchie years, but she definitely was a different type of Madonna. Less aggressive and controversial. That's the territory that comes with marriage and motherhood, I guess, but obviously Madonna felt some pressure to change from Guy, even though it was her decision.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. And she was already "covering up" and "acting her age" to some degree way before Guy Ritchie. STR, Evita and ROL were definitely not as raunchy image wise as the last few eras. Those times were all about soul searching, finding herself and becoming a mother then a wife.

Basically, after that she got divorced, her kids became teenagers, she started fucking younger guys and she simply reconnected with that young spirit which never truly went away. I believe it was all Madonna's choice as Whoopie said.

Guest Rachelle of London

My point was more of not taking everything so literally rather than discrediting.

See I see Madonna as more aggressive and controversial in the Ritchie years. The shit she had to put up with from the media, AL backlash, adoption, ageism, the leotard etc

I guess we all interpret things differently.

Madonna was a married woman at the time. Everyone changes to a certain degree when they have their partner. The Madonna spark was well and truly there. The interviews, the videos, the tours she wS still Madonna. Madonna also says "tweeting in the elevator" in IDGA, not everything is to be taken so literal. Madonna has always worn floral dresses even back in the 80s. In her private life she dresses quite conservatively. Even pap shots of her now she's always covered up. In fact take away LAV on MDNA she shows more skin on RIT than MDNA.

:lmao: and :clap at this post. People cast aspersions and then look for evidence/hide evidence which supports or denies that assumption. I mean maybe it should be looked upon that Madonna's behaviour (including dress sense and love life) is reflective of her mental state. It's odd to consider that her lover is controlling her behaviour. Influencing and inspiring no doubt. What people should remember is that when people are looking for something in their life they might seek it in a partner. Clearly she sought intellectualism and passion in Guy Ritchie. Her behaviour around Brahim suggested she was looking for affection. I know what it's like to think the way she does. Love is more complicated than anything because everybody's normal seems so strange. It's odd because I'm not tactile and yet I'm one of the most romantic people I know. Anyway, what I'm basically saying is that you can't simplify people's complex emotions due to an outfit they wore or somebody they fucked. That's crazy.

You can't discredit all of I Don't Give A because she says she tweets on elevators. The lyrics are telling of the relationship in the same way Best Friend and I Fucked Up are.

I don't think Madonna was any less "Madonna" in the Ritchie years, but she definitely was a different type of Madonna. Less aggressive and controversial. That's the territory that comes with marriage and motherhood, I guess, but obviously Madonna felt some pressure to change from Guy, even though it was her decision.

a combination or mixture of elements.

"her music is a marriage of funk, jazz, and hip hop"

synonyms: union, alliance, fusion, amalgamation, combination, affiliation, association, connection, coupling, merger, unification; More

antonyms: sundering, separation

If they refused to compromise it wouldn't have been a marriage.

My point was more of not taking everything so literally rather than discrediting.

See I see Madonna as more aggressive and controversial in the Ritchie years. The shit she had to put up with from the media, AL backlash, adoption, ageism, the leotard etc

I guess we all interpret things differently.

I totally agree with everything you said. She's so laid back at the moment and allowed herself to appear more vulnerable for once recently. She hasn't done that in 'large moments' in the past really. I mean, maybe glimpses of it with live to tell etcetera...

If they refused to compromise it wouldn't have been a marriage.

Well, no shit, but obviously Madonna viewed things differently in retrospect or else songs like I Don't Give A or performances like Like A Virgin/Love Spent wouldn't exist. And I don't see how he lyrics of I Don't Give A can be taken any differently when they specifically say

I tried to be a good girl,

I tried to be your wife

Diminished myself and I swallowed my light

I tried to become all that you expect of me

And if it was a failure I don't give a

I get that you can't take songs like Incredible to be literally about her divorce, but c'mon. IDGA is as literal as it gets.

Guest Rachelle of London

I would actually laugh so loud if those lyrics were written by Solveig and tweetin in the elevator was written by Madonna

Guest Rachelle of London

Also why can't the lyrics in incredible be taken seriously either. Maybe the sex was incredible. 8 years is a long time :chuckle: