Ok, DWT is so great, and people have to get a grip

karbatal

I was reading the thread about RIT and people DARED to critisize DWT and saying is a snoozfest and things like "the only good thing is the Geisha part".

????

Ok, i can understand how some people who is 22 years old thinks that LAV is dated or whatever, but those who talk shit about DWT don't have any excuse!

First segment: INSDUSTRY PUNK galore! Kylie is still copyiing that part in every show, or Take That. The industry, the clothes, the arragements... (the only bad thing is BS there, no sense at all!)

07.jpg

13.jpg

Interlude: PARADISE. Ok, anybody thinking this isn't great can be banned right now.

tumblr_loarcyMnCm1qezxsoo1_500.gif

Second segment: ANGRY GEISHA! Flawless (not keen of the "all hail the guns" part, but anyway...).

madonna-sky-fits-heaven-o.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Interlude: WIFLAG. Oooooh

Third segment: COUNTRY. (i don't like much that silly song and don't like the Human Nature rendition, but this part is so great)

dwt_madonna2big.jpg

Evita/ WIFLFAG: The dance, the dress, the elegance, the dykes...Followed up by LIB

wiflfag5.jpg

Holiday: the rap, Niki losing the hanky, the atittude

hqdefault.jpg

MUSIC!!!!!!

Amen!

DWT is still my favorite tour of hers, followed closely by MDNA. I love everything about it. The setlist is perfection the theatricality of it all is just flawless. Besides, it was my first Madonna concert and everyone LOVED her at that moment, it was her grand return to the stage. I love it to pieces...

DWT is so much better than RIT so it's not fair to compare the two.

It's in a different league . I saw it live at Earls Court in London and it blew me away completely .

You have remember it was her first tour since the Girlie Show and the anticipation was just insane AND she delivered .

I actually prefer it to MDNA Tour - which I thought was great .

Guest SecretGarden

It's an amazing show, I can see however why some people may list it as their least favourite tour; you have to enjoy a particular aesthetic to like it. However, to label it as mediocre is kind of insulting, the amount of talent, drive and experimentation behind this tour is incredible, it's technically brilliant, if it isn't your taste then fine - go watch the Confessions Tour or something but that doesn't mean the DWT is anything less than outstanding.

I watch and I watch and every time I remember why I hate it. She looks disgraceful for a good portion of it. The setlist is self indulgent drivel and it just generally sucks. Not more than RIT though...that's a new level of shit.

MDNA, GS and BA. The holy trinity. Followed by Confessions and S&S.

Ok, first name for the "soon-to-be-banned" group. Anyone else????

Officenote.gif

well said mr....such a thing as "DWT sucked" should b enough reason to lock them in a room along with some vicious predators or like you said get banned from this site or this planet!....... :lol2:

nah....but seriously, yes, love all about DWT :headbang:

Yes, this was a great tour, although I do think just a few more hits would have been welcome. But at the time it was so fresh and original and creative. Madonna's recent tours, good as they are, have become a little formulaic.

And you have to remember that Madonna refused to sing most of her hits on this tour ( I remembered Niki stating that she and Donna had to convinced Madonna to sing Holiday ! ) and it DID NOT matter ( People actually knew the words to those album tracks ! ) because the two albums that back up the tour ( ROL and Music ) sold millions and millions of copies.

It was such an awe inspiring event. It was the first time I saw Madonna and she commanded the whole arena and they were begging her for more. It was amazing .

San is right that is so good that every tour is so different. You can relate to one tour and find a bit mess the next one, but another fan can think different. That's good.... as long as DWT remains untouchable! >:(

Amazing as a theatre piece and an insight into her angry psyche at the time, it was stunning to watch live and an aural feast with top notch and consistently strong vocals. As a pop concert it sucked balls.

Amazing as a theatre piece and an insight into her angry psyche at the time, it was stunning to watch live and an aural feast with top notch and consistently strong vocals. As a pop concert it sucked balls.

tumblr_mr9roncUOY1su8nj8o1_500.gif

Well it was like an art installation. Fans / the curious just standing around looking, taking it all in, then shuffling out when it finished wondering what the hell happened to Vogue and Like a Prayer. The same venue for RIT was truly a collective group of like minded people ppl singing to every song, beaming when the first notes of almost every number kicked in, jumping, dancing and a stream of nonstop overheard compliments on the way out. ie. a traditional pop concert. Even Madonna's fans deserve that once in a while.

I think it sucked for some people because it was the first "new" Madonna concert. Until then, all Madonna concerts had been classic ones: greatest hits and new songs. But with DWT Madonna decided to get rid of her back catalogue. That's why some people were distressed (I don't mean you Kim, but in general).

Had she did RIT before DWT, most people would be still salivating with the concert. It's flawless and so full of imagination... The only thing i don't like much about DWT is that is too angry. I guess because she was in shock with how politics were going in USA and parts of the world.

Looooveeee everythang about DWT, it's an amazing show. I wish I could saw it Live. Back then Madonna ignored Latin America =(

There really r no words 2 describe DWT. The official recording, totally screwed up it's legacy though.

The atmosphere in ALL of Europe was just fucking magic. Even the countries she didn't go 2 (which r most of 'em :chuckle:).

the moment the tour was announced continental media went berserk...What country 2 go 2, how 2 get tickets, people offering sex 4 tickets in the media, casual fans traveling in coach buses from one country 2 another...etc. The weeks that followed after I went people

were actually in awe of me like I was lucky enough 2 have been able 2 attend Woodstock. :lol:

Oh & the show in Barcelona wasn't just mentioned in newspapers, it was the headline story on all the front pages of quality publications and it was reviewed like the movie premiere of The Godfather, giving her some of the best reviews of her career...

RE: Kim, I heard Earl's Court was dreadful...but really the general admission shows in Barcelona, Milan & Paris were like a celebration of the second coming of Christ...I've never seen grown men faint like that. It was a total Michael Jackson experience 4 lack of a better description. The electricity was tangible.

I was lucky enough 2 c a brilliant show, with a brilliant crowd.

:dramatic: just listen 2 that voice

RE: Kim, I heard Earl's Court was dreadful...but really the general admission shows in Barcelona, Milan & Paris were like a celebration of the second coming of Christ...I've never seen grown men faint like that. It was a total Michael Jackson experience 4 lack of a better description. The electricity was tangible.

It's true. It was INSANE! :wow: