"Waiting" Discussion

vocalism

Those of you who think tick tocks started in 2005 with Confessions need to remember this song. Although songs about waiting and hesitating started as early as 1984. Here is an entire song about it. It always angered me that fans thought hard candy was the era of waiting and hesitating.

one of my all time favourite album tracks. Look in the sleeve notes, it would have to mention the Justify writers Kravitz and Chavez if it was a straight forward sample. Its much cheaper for her to just say those lines again.

^ Pretty sure she wouldn't have to give a credit for something like this. I mean, did Shep credit all of the '80s Madonna songs he used in his remixes for her?

Those of you who think tick tocks started in 2005 with Confessions need to remember this song. Although songs about waiting and hesitating started as early as 1984. Here is an entire song about it. It always angered me that fans thought hard candy was the era of waiting and hesitating.

Yes, Madonna has always written about waiting and being impatient, but the couplet "waiting, hesitating" started with "Hung Up" and continued with 4M and "Celebration," etc. It's a recent phenomenon. One of life's great mysteries.

I think its a sample of the JML vocal because it is the only bit that is in Did You Do It... what would be the chances that they took from Waiting exactly what can be heard in JML? I think the waiting audio was presented to Madonna with the sample already in and she wrote the lyrics around it. I assume they took "just" from "justify". Waiting for you just waiting.

Of all the Madonna tracks, Waiting has consistently been in my top 10 since the very first time I heard it. Her voice compliments the beat so wonderfully; it's jazzy & urban, smooth yet grimy, sexually frustrated but still introspective & thoughtful. Total perfection!

Madonna Dita did the damn thing :wow:

Yah, I don't know if it was a sample- it wouldn't have been too difficult for her to utter those words again. Like the "dance dance" in "Candy Shop" not being a sample of "Into the Groove." :)

^ Pretty sure she wouldn't have to give a credit for something like this. I mean, did Shep credit all of the '80s Madonna songs he used in his remixes for her?

Yes, Madonna has always written about waiting and being impatient, but the couplet "waiting, hesitating" started with "Hung Up" and continued with 4M and "Celebration," etc. It's a recent phenomenon. One of life's great mysteries.

HURRY UP, I JUST CAN'T. ITS NOT RECENT AT ALL HONEY.

The spoken line during the chorus is indeed her voice sampled from "Justify My Love" and she sang new vocals on top of it.

"Waiting for you to justify my love"

It's the only Madonna vocal on "Did You Do It?" which utilizes the same instrumental as "Waiting" and Andre Betts was also the associate producer of JML. I always wondered if the basic track was borne out of his remix sessions for JML or something fresher during the Erotica sessions.

OMG I never even realized Waiting and Did You Do It? Were like the same song.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :rotfl: I'm not much of an DYDI? Listener

OMG I never even realized Waiting and Did You Do It? Were like the same song.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :rotfl: I'm not much of an DYDI? Listener

Carly! Shame on you :o

It was so easy in the beginning

When you didn't feel like running from your feelings like you are now

What happened? What do I remind you of?

Your past, your dreams

Or some part of yourself that you just can't love?

:chuckle:

Lyrics wise! Love them!

DYDI was beyond unnecessary- though she was ahead of the curve having dat hardcore rappin' on her album.

"Waiting" probably is my favorite track on the album- and I've always loved that last line of the track.