Will Madonna feature Katy Perry on her first single?

Will ha?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes, Madonna will let the light in and support Katy's rise to Pop Royalty
    • No, it will have no featuring
    • No, It will feature someone else

Katy Perry on a MADONNA track ?!

Pre Hard Candy era I would have said...

PD5qxQO.jpeg

Unfortunatley after Hard Candy and MDNA I don't think her head is on quite right so...

3476211-the-office-14.gif

"Yes, Madonna will let the light in and support Katy's rise to Pop Royalty?"

I screamed. I laughed. I cried.

I really don't want any featurings or duets this era and I'm not saying this, because I don't like Katy Perry, but because I don't like collabs in general. I prefer solo songs from my favs. And let's be real Madonna's collabs tend to be her worst songs. I'm pretty sure that Natalia Kills will already be featured on the track(s) she wrote with M as a vocalist and that's already enough for my taste.

Even I have to agree that CATIE is in pop royalty at this point. And you know what? Good for her. I've blasted her to heavens but good for her and her team for making her "music" #1 on the pop charts. bless Sara Barilies, Bonnie McKee, and all others for better versions of her music. This chick is with M and I shall smile with gritted teeth.

it could be great as a single for the summer, and then the real lead single in september...anyways, it will atrackt a lot of bitterness, you know, "madonna needs Katie to have another hit...", but, as long as it´s a good song, I´m all for it!

Of course there is a duet with Katy. And it's not a bad idea. Better than any other bitch out there. At least Katy is humble and truly admires Madonna. When Madonna collaborated with Britney Spears years ago, it felt forced and didn't look like they both enjoyed it. Britney gave out too much of the new Madonna wannabe vibes. The only thing that good came out of that collab is that Madonna proved she is better. With Katy Perry the duet will feel effortless and spontaneous. The Dark Horse diva is liked by the majority of people. No one really has anything against her. She makes good music, she is not a stuck up like other bitches (Beyoncé, Gaga), she can be a goddess and a total dork at the same time. I love that about her.

There's no way Madonna is going to release the 3rd lead single with a feature artist in a row. At this point I would not dare to say that a duet is impossible, but I don't want her to collaborate with anyone (apart from Frank Ocean) even if I enjoy some of Katy's material.

There's no way Madonna is going to release the 3rd lead single with a feature artist in a row. At this point I would not dare to say that a duet is impossible, but I don't want her to collaborate with anyone (apart from Frank Ocean) even if I enjoy some of Katy's material.

I have to disagree.

As much as I really want her to go back to releasing "lead singles" on her own, considering her last 2 top ten songs on America were with other artists, it's kind of "obvious" is it not she will have somebody on her lead track!?

I like Katy, but come on, talk about chalk and cheese she's just a dumb pop tart that's had a run of huge singles due to her teenie audience and dorky imagery.....

Madonna is "pop art" and it really would be considered by fans and critics alike as madonna using her to get "another hit"!

With avicci on board, I don't think she needs this. If the lead is strong enough....GMAYL wasn't (without Super Bowl and Minaj on board it wouldn't of touched the top ten) and she goes out and plays the promo card correctly...she could get into the top ten on her own!

The Britney duet came out of nowhere, it was a huge shock for her to just suddenly decide she was going to share the mic....my main issue with it was that it's a shite forgettable song, naff video tht she even threatend to take herself out of....don't get me started in sure she even forgets she ever did that song!

4minutes WAS better, okay yes she was "riding" the wave of popular sound in 2008 but it was a killer track, and have her a massive number1 around the world but NOT as big as hung up was....although technically with the help from abba!

My final thought, please no katy.....brillient shoot, brillient start to the new album era but I don't think a duet will work.

PEACE!

I have to disagree.

As much as I really want her to go back to releasing "lead singles" on her own, considering her last 2 top ten songs on America were with other artists, it's kind of "obvious" is it not she will have somebody on her lead track!?

I like Katy, but come on, talk about chalk and cheese she's just a dumb pop tart that's had a run of huge singles due to her teenie audience and dorky imagery.....

Madonna is "pop art" and it really would be considered by fans and critics alike as madonna using her to get "another hit"!

With avicci on board, I don't think she needs this. If the lead is strong enough....GMAYL wasn't (without Super Bowl and Minaj on board it wouldn't of touched the top ten) and she goes out and plays the promo card correctly...she could get into the top ten on her own!

The Britney duet came out of nowhere, it was a huge shock for her to just suddenly decide she was going to share the mic....my main issue with it was that it's a shite forgettable song, naff video tht she even threatend to take herself out of....don't get me started in sure she even forgets she ever did that song!

4minutes WAS better, okay yes she was "riding" the wave of popular sound in 2008 but it was a killer track, and have her a massive number1 around the world but NOT as big as hung up was....although technically with the help from abba!

My final thought, please no katy.....brillient shoot, brillient start to the new album era but I don't think a duet will work.

PEACE!

:thumbsup:

I have to disagree.

GMAYL was a MASSIVE flop in the US compared to Hung Up. Hung Up was at no1 on itunes for more than 2 weeks. The argument that featuring artists helps her in the US is just wrong. Solo lead singles can be successful.

She didn't threaten to take herself out of the video, she just didn't like it. Someone in her circle said she purely 'signed off on it' but wasn't necessarily happy with it. It was fine but she should have been part of the dance sequence and they should have definately sexed her up a little bit image wise but I take into acct that she was heavily pushing a softer image at the time. They could have done it in a classy way like in the Hollywood video and even though she looked youthful in the clip her choice of dress and hairstyle made her seem ancient in comparison to Britney who looked and danced amazingly. Strange considering how amazing she looked at the VMA's and that she had only just caused headlines for kissing Brit and XTina but that's my take on it. She was about to release The English Roses and I think she was in that frame of mind when she was making the video, it seems obvious to me.

Guest Rachelle of London

If Katy does collaborate then it would be a disaster for her . She will constantly be compared to Madonna afterwards and that is a legacy that she could never live up to.

Katy Perry will be featured in Madonna's first single! Get over it people ;)

If Katy does collaborate then it would be a disaster for her . She will constantly be compared to Madonna afterwards and that is a legacy that she could never live up to.

Yes I agree. This type of spell befell on Britney big time :D

I think the Katy-Rumour died with the surprise-release-on-May-26-Rumour.

A single with Katy would have made sense if it were released yesterday with V Magazine. Now there is no IG post or evidence to support it now

I wouldn't object to a duet as the second single. But not the first please.

Voice of reason.

A Madonna lead single will be an event no matter what.

And a duet with Katy would be an event too.

Release a killer solo first single with a great video.

Then release the duet right before the album.

No more duets this era, please.

I Don't Give A, B-Day Song, GMAYL, 4 Minutes (and almost every other song from HC) do I need to say more? Those are some of her worst songs and the fact that they're duets didn't save these songs from being shit. (I did enjoy 4 minutes, though)

Voice of reason.

A Madonna lead single will be an event no matter what.

And a duet with Katy would be an event too.

Release a killer solo first single with a great video.

Then release the duet right before the album.

I agree.If she must have a duet on her album,they should save it for the second single.I want Madonna to shine on her own,on the first single.