Favorite Studio Cover  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Love Don't Live Here Anymore
    • Santa Baby
    • Fever
    • I Want You
    • American Pie

I only put the ones that were recorded in a studio and that are included in an album or compilation. Am I missing one? I also wasn't sure if ROL should be there...

So, what's yours?

Fever (Edit two with 12" intro)

The orchestral version of I Want You is a close 2nd

In a way Fever and I want you are two sides of the same coin. Two amazing tracks regardless of being covers. I also wouldn't include Ray of light as a cover because it's basically a total rewrite of the song (dynamically and atmospherically).

This was easy. For me it's I Want You. I love the original by Marvin Gaye but I love Madonna's version even more. I think Madonna's vocal performance and interpretation suits the lyrics better. She elevates the seriousness and the emotional quality of the lyrics to whole another level. She makes you hear what she's singing and she makes you feel what she's feeling. It's a great performance by her. And I got to give credit to Massive Attack. They produced the song to perfection.

But honestly, nothing needs to be said about her version of IWY. When you listen to it, you hear it. It's all there.

(And if anyone wonders what I want from Madonna... I think this song has a lot of it that I find missing from her most recent work. Great lyrics, amazing production, her voice that sounds natural and isn't computerized to death etc.)

madonna8.jpg

THIS :dramatic:

I see so many negative comments online even today regarding Madonna's cover of American Pie and I think "Why?" I mean if it sucked I would understand.......but it's amazing.

So yea, AP gets my vote. LOVE it!

Love dont live... Is a cover??????

Uh huh....

It was first released by Rose Royce in 1978.

I know AP gets a lot of shit . People were slagging it off left right and center when it was released but it just brings instant happiness into my life every time I listen to it.

Love the vid too !