And what about Dear Father?

karbatal

It's kinda weird when she says, "Help me take a bath."

Help me take the path less traveled by

Help me understand all the reasons why...

I can invision myself singing this song on stage, so because if that, it's a terrific and well written track. Just needed done polishing.

I did a thread about this, remember??

I to this day think this track is about God! The lyrics really fit it, and that makes me appreciate the song a lot more

Duh lol XB

Help me take the path less traveled by

Help me understand all the reasons why...

I can invision myself singing this song on stage, so because if that, it's a terrific and well written track. Just needed done polishing.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Andre Betts was quoted as saying this song "was about her relationship with GOD". Madonna apparently LOVED this track but shelved it when she found out that a musician she had clashed with more than once in the 80's had played the bass part on it. Madonna did not want to share publishing credits with him. Andre also said this song was to have been Track 4 on the "Erotica" album. Makes you wonder where "Deeper And Deeper" would have ended up on the album.

Andre Betts was quoted as saying this song "was about her relationship with GOD". Madonna apparently LOVED this track but shelved it when she found out that a musician she had clashed with more than once in the 80's had played the bass part on it. Madonna did not want to share publishing credits with him. Andre also said this song was to have been Track 4 on the "Erotica" album. Makes you wonder where "Deeper And Deeper" would have ended up on the album.

Who was the bass player? Do tell (or at least speculate).

Random/weird. Source?

Random/weird. Source?

Andre Betts was interviewed by Lucy O'Brien (Brian?) She printed portions of the interview in her book Madonna: Like An Icon. Great interview. He has a LOT of great stories about the making of "Erotica".