GMAYL

Guest Sinisin

It just didn't have that "oomph" like her other first singles had. It needed additional production to spruce it up. Martin should have sent it to WO so he could added some bubbly bios and swirls on top.

The demo is so much better. Those girls doing the chants are so painful to hear. Plus the ending is so much bettet

It'll she better over the years when we experience new album eras. I think the choice of it being first single and it's lack of success have left a sour note on people.

One of her worst songs ever.

It’s nowhere near the simple brilliance of hits like Music or Hung Up.

Dreadful lyrics, dire production, her vocals sound like she phoned them in.

Terrible choice for a lead single that effectively killed the album.

Love the video, could enjoy the song if i m in a certain mood, but it aint a first single material. I m Addicted, Love Spent or Beautiful Killer were much more suitable for the lead single. For me, it felt like a Katy Perry song (not a good thing) and I thought she was dumbing down on purpose... But I didnt find it cute. I usually skip it when listening to MDNA, although lately I listened to it and it aint as bad as most say it is, but its a poor choice for a lead single after 4 years...

I don't think GMAYL killed the album markm.

MDNA still sold a respectable 1.9 million WW, which is more than the latest albums from Christina, Gaga, Miley, Britney, Cher, Celine, Mariah, Janet etc.

Madonna fans have really high commercial expectations sometimes.

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore and nobody buys CD's anymore

It's all about touring now.

It was the wrong choice for the lead single, but i love it :)

Same here. At first I didn't get it, but now I absolutely love it and it's one of my favourite tracks from the last few years.

She should have released it on promo first to get people used to it.

I don't think GMAYL killed the album markm.

MDNA still sold a respectable 1.9 million WW, which is more than the latest albums from Christina, Gaga, Miley, Britney, Cher, Celine, Mariah, Janet etc.

Madonna fans have really high commercial expectations sometimes.

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore and nobody buys CD's anymore

It's all about touring now.

No, GGW killed the album but GAYL was the wrong lead single that certainly signed the death warrant.

The demo version is ace though. In fact, I'm going to put it on now!

The lack of TV PROMO around the release of GGW and the album is what hurt sales.

I still don't get, if Madonna was in rehearsal for the tour like she claimed, she couldn't just film various tour rehearsal performances for TV shows like Ellen, Letterman, the Billboard Awards etc.

Madonna would of never had to leave the rehearsal studio

She did it for Vogue, while rehearsing the Blond Ambition tour, she let. MTV film a rehearsal performance and air it.

She should have released this song as a promo "buzz single",created mainly for the Super Bowl.Then a few weeks after the SB,she should have released "I'm Addicted" as the 'official' first single from the album.

She should have released this song as a promo "buzz single",created mainly for the Super Bowl.Then a few weeks after the SB,she should have released "I'm Addicted" as the 'official' first single from the album.

I love GMAYL and the video is lovely. Don't get the hate at all. It was a hit and would have been a bigger hit if she promoted.

It was a lesson to her that she still has to promote.

I don't get the fags who whinge about it. I always loved Fun Madonna and her SOH.

I'll never ever ever ever forgive her for not releasing Beautiful Killer as the lead single with an epic video. Fuck!!! Biggest missed opportunity of her career.

I'll never ever ever ever forgive her for not releasing Beautiful Killer as the lead single with an epic video. Fuck!!! Biggest missed opportunity of her career.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Seriously, it still burns my ass when I fantasize about what could have been, in terms of a video. Just last week I was running on the treadmill and i damn near derailed myself envisioning the dance routine :lmao:

I love GMAYL and the video is lovely. Don't get the hate at all. It was a hit and would have been a bigger hit if she promoted.

It was a lesson to her that she still has to promote.

I don't get the fags who whinge about it. I always loved Fun Madonna and her SOH.

The song and video are super interesting works of art as well as being fun.

Not one of her best or my favorites, but I enjoy it. I love the stance that she's the queen, and the wanna-be(s) better bring their game if they think they can challenge her crown, and, at the same time, give her the props that she deserves.

Is it a coincidence that it followed "Express Yourself" on the MDNA Tour? I think not.

Not one of her best or my favorites, but I enjoy it. I love the stance that she's the queen, and the wanna-be(s) better bring their game if they think they can challenge her crown, and, at the same time, give her the props that she deserves.

Is it a coincidence that it followed "Express Yourself" on the MDNA Tour? I think not.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5019-1355428299-1.g

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9095-1355426478-2.g

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9034-1355426512-4.g

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13464-1355427259-1.

I ABSOLUTELY LUV GMAYL. It's so fun, so funky, so cute; one of my favorite songs from the album. :wow:

That video elevated my love to new heights! SHE WAS DRIPPING SEX, especially in that all-black, VT Gambler-esque outfit against the brick wall. And she looked like she was actually enjoying herself throughout the whole video. Perfect track paired with a perfect visual, and each performance has been INCREDIBLE. It's a classic, already.

tumblr_mguu1xLt1j1qzjr2jo2_500.gif

^ The 'MADONNA BOP' has been added to my growing roster of borrowed dance moves.

Gurl, you betta stan! Now come to mama for sum luvin'.

madonna-breastfeeding.gif