What year did you become a Madonna fan?

Guest Xanthium

That's what it's all about! Madonna's unique ability to touch so many individuals from various backgrounds is so undervalued & overlooked. IMO, that's the MAIN reason she's lasted as long as she has. One achieves longevity not by appealing to the (fickle) masses, but by speaking directly to people of ALL creeds on a relateable real level. It's actually very amazing, aint it? :wow:

tumblr_m8i22cOTHG1rxml8no2_1280.jpg

BOW DOWN

SO true :thumbsup:

I discovered Madonna back in 2000 (I was 10). By then I stopped liking any music, nothing interested me musically and when i saw the Music video i was so shocked. The music was so ahead of its time, so different from what we would hear back then and also the name Madonna stroke me, such a powerful name (actually, in Mallorcan dialect "madona" means the woman who owns or the female boss), that was the image she gave me. Then i would hear the radio and they would play Like A Prayer. I immediately fell in love with that song (it's my favorite song of all songs). I didn't know it was Madonna's song. One time that song was played in a party for kids and when I heard it i ran to the DJ and asked the name and who sang it. He told me it was Madonna, the same woman I was so shocked from her Music video.

After that I would take a cassette and listen to the radio for hours waiting for the song to be played. And then it came... i heard the woman say: "and now a woman, she's blonde and everything she touches becomes gold, she's Madonna and this is Like A Prayer..." and BAM!!! I pressed the recording button! The choir started singing and it felt something so special that i have never experienced again. Those words from the radio host were etched into my memory since then.

The funny thing was they would play 2 songs that i also loved. The next one was True blue. I caught it in the middle and I also fell in love. When it finished the host would say "we have listen to True blue from Madonna". I was so shocked again... that bitch... And even funnier was when they played Cherish, also without knowing it was her. Then they would say "and this was Madonna". Again... hahahaha! From that day i knew this bitch was something special.

Your story reminds me of myself in 2003-2004. I was always aware of Madonna and knew she was a legend but i didn't knew much about her. That year i was constantly hearing Hollywood and Love Profusion on the radio, i LOVED those songs to death. I didn't knew Madonna was the singer until i started listening to her whole discography in 2010. I was shocked to hear that not only it was songs but they also were on the same album! After that i just KNEW i was going to be a loon for life.

1990 when I was 6 and saw Vogue.

My Dad made me my first scrapbook of M and presented it to me around the time of TIC. I was thrilled.

TIC was the first CD I ever bought.

Guest bluejean

1990 when I was 6 and saw Vogue.

My Dad made me my first scrapbook of M and presented it to me around the time of TIC. I was thrilled.

TIC was the first CD I ever bought.

Do you still have the scrap book? Would love to see what it was

Yeah I still have it. Dad used to buy Rolling Stone and other music mages religiously like Q so it was full of rare pics, interviews and tidbits from her zenith in the 80's and 1990. I remember I almost cried. I maintained my Madonna scrap book until I was about 25 and then decided it was probably time to grow up so now I just focus on collectors items and bootlegs which I love.

Loved Madonna as a child during Ray of Light and Music.

Became a fan in 2006 and started looning in 2008

I originally wrote 2011 but Actually I think I started looning before then because I remember telling everyone my favourite artists were "Madonna and the Sex Pistols" and the latter hasn't been my favourite for many years now lol