Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

I know it might sound superficial and ignorant but I just want an album that's gonna make her look cool again and be universally loved by the public around the world. Like in 2005-6 with Confessions on a Dancefloor and Confessions Tour. Everyone loved her. The haters were non existent. They had nothing to say. All fans were super proud. She was the one and only queen and even people who didn't like her admitted that.

I went to a bar for a drink and what felt like a wave of judgmental gay people came over to talk to me because they know I like her and all they kept asking me was "What's wrong with her?" "What the hell did she wear?" "What's wrong with her face?" "How did she go from Confessions to releasing crap like those songs with Justin and Minaj?"

I am tired of hearing such shit. Unfortunately for some reason the public things that she's been desperate and really misguided since 2007. That for some reason she totally lost it back then right after a brilliant era. And that the albums since then have been crap and big flops. Everyone wants the "cool" Madonna of "2005-6" or "1998-2000" back.

Good quality 1st single and the public is gonna like her again. This is all we need.

No matter what Madonna does,some people are gonna like it and some people are gonna hate it.I personally think that 'MDNA' is a great album.It was just under-promoted.You shouldn't be too concerned with what the masses think.

Y'all hang around rubbish gheys!

rupaul-no-time.gif

Yes!

Madonna has had haters since before day 1.

They don't matter.

Yep!

Amen, sister! ;-)

If I worried what other people think about Madonna I'd have a lot fewer friends.

Of course, I've never really cared what people think of me either.

Of course, I couldn't agree more. However when you have friends who are TRYING to get to you by disrespecting the things you loveā€¦it's time to leave them by the way side. Bye bye Bitches!

For goodness sake, why on earth are people so obsessed about what non-fans think about Madonna ? Surely, we have all been fans for long enough to know that there are always going to be people who rubbish her. Newsflash, it has been happening since 1985.

However, she is still the biggest female star ever. This is a Madonna fan forum so why worry about people who either don't like her of don't understand her ? This constant obsession over how people perceive Madonna is becoming tedious. We have just been treated to seeing her perform at the Grammy's and now most of the comments on this thread are either quotes from people who hate her or hand wringing over people who hate her.

This

The various choruses of "Madonna better change direction because the general consensus at my local hang-out is not favourable" has been going on forever, general consensus is that she has attracted 6m people to her shows in 4 years time (2008-2012) to the tune of $250-$400 per ticket

Sure she didn't duet with Britney or Timberlake or appeared on that SNL skit with Goobart because she was trying to come up with a follow-up to Ray of Light, these are just business decisions based on the age factor and how American radio works. Can we blame her for that? She was just smart in trying to enlarge her audience for whom she performs HER music, on her tours, done the way a musician and performer of her league always does

We don't know yet what she'll be doing anyway ........... who cares to even pre-comment on the nothing we have so far

No matter what Madonna does,some people are gonna like it and some people are gonna hate it.I personally think that 'MDNA' is a great album.It was just under-promoted.You shouldn't be too concerned with what the masses think.

This

To be truthful, I'm bound to enjoy whatever she brings out so I don't care which direction she takes or who she works with. I just want new material

+ 1

I want new material too. I can't recall a single time where at list 50% of an album is GREAT, if not 100%. So even if she decides to work with Yoko Ono, i'm sure that i will enjoy the moment!

Me and Yoko agree

orig-21345637.jpg

Yoko new song for Madonna

Imagine M incorporating that into her next performance of "Ray of Light"

:rotfl:

I want an album opposite from MDNA. That means cohesion and zero desire to chase radio acceptance.

I agree.

I also do agree with you guys though that saying "Madonna should do this or that" is senseless because she should do what she WANTS to do. Phrasing it as "I would wish Madonna did this or that" is fine, but expecting her to do a certain thing just for the sake of your own content is pretty dumb.

I want an album opposite from MDNA. That means cohesion and zero desire for radio acceptance.

MDNA had about 50% for radio acceptance so the opposite means the same again..

I wouldn't a punk-rock look for the next album. :wow: I mean she got the tools!

madonna-metgala.jpg

I would love more of that in-your-face Madonna that we got on American Life.

Why reserve that essence for accompanying interviews and instagram hashtags? Put it in your lyrics!

I will undoubtably find something to love in whatever she chooses to do seeing as the woman has never released a bad album. If I could choose though, I would have her do something completely left field and unexpected. She doesn't need to compete with twenty year olds, she's Madonna for fucks sake! She can (and has) reduced pretenders to wrecks with a single glance and I sometimes think the only one who doesn't know this is Madonna herself. While it's admirable to still be ambitious given all she's achieved, I do worry that if she continues to chase her 'next big hit' that it will come at the expense of her integrity. She's fought long and hard for the credibility and respect she's earned so I would hate to see her piss it all away for the sake of that elusive hit single!

I would love more of that in-your-face Madonna that we got on American Life.

Why reserve that essence for accompanying interviews and instagram hashtags? Put it in your lyrics!

GGW, GB, IDGA, etc. were all "in your face" lyrically. If you mean political ramblings about how horrible it is to be rich and famous, I'll take a pass.

I know it might sound superficial and ignorant but I just want an album that's gonna make her look cool again and be universally loved by the public around the world.......

Really Jason? Cuz I could completely care less about that. Different strokes, I guess. If it's one thing this forum has taught me, it's that ppl are fans of M for a vast variety of reasons. It still kinda floors me sometimes. RIT and DWT were a disaster?? I can't even comprehend.

True Django even in 1985 when she exploded there were articles that said "Madonna will be out of the music business in 5 months"....

Does anyone else remember that show "Moonlighting" w/ Bruce Willis and Cybil Sheppard?? I'll never forget the episode when a guy w/ a gun goes up to Bruce Willis, demanding the phone number of an informant or something (I forget the setup). Bruce, coyly as ever, asks, 'How about Madonna's?? No one will want her number next year anyway.' LOL that was around 1985. Never forgot that scene. I doubt it's on Youtube, it's so obscure.

I wouldn't a punk-rock look for the next album. :wow: I mean she got the tools!

madonna-metgala.jpg

FINE WITH ME!!! I'd love it.. so long as there's DANCE remixes, preferable w/ NO guitars (which ruined the official remix of "I Love New York")

All I know is that it's time for a completely new reinvention. It's been so very long. No more cowboy hats and crucifixes. Black hair, short, idk, Whatever it takes. That's her job to figure out, not mine. But it has to be entirely new and no Avicci or pop tart collab, god PLEASE. I'll deal if I have to, but am really aching FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY NEW.

Really Jason? Cuz I could completely care less about that.

COULDN'T!!!!! COULD NOT! COULD NOT CARE LESS. IT MEANS 'I do not care'. If you could care less it means you care somewhat which wouldn't make any sense at all within the context! COULDN'T COULDN'TTTTTTTTTT!

All I know is that it's time for a completely new reinvention. It's been so very long. No more cowboy hats and crucifixes. Black hair, short, idk, Whatever it takes. That's her job to figure out, not mine. But it has to be entirely new and no Avicci or pop tart collab, god PLEASE. I'll deal if I have to, but am really aching FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY NEW.

I second that! I want to be excited again! I want to listen to something from her and think 'Wow, I didn't see that coming!'. She has to care enough to deliver it though and I think recent times have shown that touring is where the effort goes and the album is just the spring board for the tour and all the $$$$$$$

I second that! I want to be excited again! I want to listen to something from her and think 'Wow, I didn't see that coming!'. She has to care enough to deliver it though and I think recent times have shown that touring is where the effort goes and the album is just the spring board for the tour and all the $$$$$$$

Yep, I want that feeling again when I first saw the cover of 'Confessions.' INSTANT DEATH.