Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

I used the word "kinda." Yes in some respects but no in other respects.

It was widely discussed here during it's release that MDNA was self referential. It was rumored to be titled "Madonna" after all (As it did kinda did end up being that).

There's your answer.

I can't speak for most, but this is what I hear when I listen to the tracks on MDNA:

Girl Gone Wild - EROTICA

I'm Addicted - MUSIC (namely, Impressive Instant)

Turn Up the Radio - CONFESSIONS

Superstar - TRUE BLUE

I Don't Give A - HARD CANDY/AMERICAN LIFE

I'm a Sinner - LIKE A VIRGIN

Love Spent - LIKE A PRAYER

Masterpiece - SOMETHING TO REMEMBER

Falling Free - RAY OF LIGHT

These are more nods thematically than sonically, rather than full-on attributions. But that's the vibe they leave me with.

agree with both of you (with some difference on the tracks inspirations..) and i'm surprised at the very low esteem most people, fans, have on madonna...

btw, i only heard Wake Me Up of avicii....i find it a great track....isn't it?

Madonna isn't gonna have huge singles chart success at this stage because she'll be fucking 56 years old when her next album drops

Madonna is only 1 of 4 female artists in Billboard Hot 100 history to have a top 10 song in their 50s

It's virtually unheard of

And NO female act has had multiple top 10 hits in their 50s, but if anybody can do it it's Madonna

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore, when Madonna had hit after hit effortlessly and radio would be all over her latest song no matter what

This ageism is REAL.

I still think she can pull off having one big single with the next album and she'll get another Guinness World Record as the only female act to top the singles charts.

In USA. Not the rest of the world.

MDNA does differ from her other albums in that way that it is a total mixed bag. There are some horribly cheap, generic or silly sounding songs (GGW, GMAYL, Some Girls, B'Day Song, Superstar...) which I believe M wouldn't have bothered to put on an album 10 or 20 years ago. But on the other hand, there are some stand-out tracks which could easily pass as one of her best songs from her recent years (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, arguably Love Spent or Falling Free). Beautiful Killer is in my opinion pure simple pop perfection as well and exactly the typical Madonna!

For the next album, my biggest wish though would be there's a cohesive theme for the era, which reflects in her music, her looks, her videos, her performances etc.

The last time we had this was COADF and that's what I currently miss about M!

Basically this. Beautiful Killer is really single material IMO.

Gang Bang as first single, with no teasers or nothing, just release it without anyone hearing it before, risky but worth it, then regardless of it succeeded or flopped, release the tamer radio-friendlier Beautiful Killer as second single.

Maybe even tie them up through a video story: During the Gang Bang video Madonna and a hit man kill her ex and as a continuation during the Beautiful Killer video Madonna falls in love with the hit man and he kills her. :inlove:

I like Avicii but I hope his sound doesnt get outdated too fast a la Timbo/Timber.

Newsflash. It already is!

It's been around european bars for the last twenty years! Nothing new there.

Pretty sure this is the same generic fucktard who had the mix saved on disk for someone else then scrapped it, only to pull it out of the dump to drop M's vocals over it for GGW. Yes, he actually admitted that. Lord help us all if this hack has ANYTHING to do w/ her new record.

In his defense, he did say that Madonna's people only gave him 3 days. Anyway, I heard a very similar mix in one of Yoko Ono's recent remixes.

In his defense, he did say that Madonna's people only gave him 3 days. Anyway, I heard a very similar mix in one of Yoko Ono's recent remixes.

Who are we talking about in this discussion? Avicci? I'm so lost!!!! Someone catch me up!!!!

She's still queen of the dance/club play chart, which billboard awarded her for, so it LOOKS better on paper to have 3 #1 singles from an album (on the dance charts).

I really can't see her turning any 180s musically at this point, unless she just wants to. If every song on MDNA was clearly written by Madonna, there'd be a lot less fuss about "cheap dance" and "phoning it in".

If she puts in the time in the studio, and the songs are good (not saying everyone will be pleased), I see no reason why she couldn't still have a hit.

But what I think is being underestimated by her or her team is the market for truly remixed singles. If you release a club ready record, why should it even need some "of the moment" remix treatment that anyone with Logic Pro and a Beatport account could whip up in an afternoon?

Make the artistic statement with the album, make the charts with the maxi-singles, and have a whole host of mind blowing, sense assaulting music to pull together for the tour.

She CAN have it both ways, And hope she realizes that.

One of the great parts of the COADF era was that on 3 of the 4 singles we got a true b-side track (LIWB, IlNY remixes as well as an unreleased track History)

If she strikes a balance with quality and quantity, I think fans will be happy, and the GP might even know a few songs to sing along on the next tour.

So basically, I say do whatever she wants with aviccii, I trust her judgement, but also do whatever she wants with the rest of the album too.

I'd like to hear an album full of Madonna (solo) with a nice contradiction in musical styles.... Almost like a side 1 and side 2 of an lp.

Madonna isn't gonna have huge singles chart success at this stage because she'll be fucking 56 years old when her next album drops. Madonna is only 1 of 4 female artists in Billboard Hot 100 history to have a top 10 song in their 50s

It's virtually unheard of. And NO female act has had multiple top 10 hits in their 50s, but if anybody can do it it's Madonna. It's not the 80s or 90s anymore, when Madonna had hit after hit effortlessly and radio would be all over her latest song no matter what. This ageism is REAL.

I still think she can pull off having one big single with the next album and she'll get another Guinness World Record as the only female act to top the singles charts.

In the US

Not the rest of the world

This

Madonna's European chart stats track record for the past 10 years (meaning when she was already well over 40 and onwards) mops the floor with any other half-her age mainstream recording act's European chart situation. Not that sales and chart stats situation mean everything (clearly) but if we truly are to assess her album sales record and the fact that she still scored a #12 best-selling studio album at her age, for her genre and with no promo, the term worldwide means worldwide.

The US is just one market, a very big one but not the sole one. There's at least 3 other huge world market areas that need covering. People forget that the EU area comprises 3 times the number of inhabitants than the US, being probably 10 times smaller in size.

And the current Billboard tracking system really sucks the way it's set up. Not an ounce of credibility with such a moronic (or very clever if you look at it from another perspective) AIRPLAY + SALES scenario......

I love when some people on here discuss the Billboard charts as if it meant EVERYTHING. It does not and it's a very tricky chart considering how it gets compiled. That's why you see people that have prominently featured on it post 2000 never really amassing a particularly successful or consistent chart record elsewhere (read Mariahs, Disney factory stars and several others spring to mind), culminating in 70% of their total sales originating from the US territory

Guy posted a photo of her and skrillex on instagram from the grammys

:wow:

Madonna +

Pat Leonard

Brian Eno

Willam Orbit

Joe Henry

Skrillex, Avicii, Adele (for radio *friendliness*)

I wish all the rumours turn out to be true :dramatic:

Several people involved wouldn't necessarily translate into an incohesive album

Hopefully,being at the Grammys and being surrounded by all those artists/musicians,has inspired Madonna and gave her some ideas of what she should do next and who she should work with.I hope she was able to talk to Daft Punk and demand that they send her some demos....lol

Hopefully,being at the Grammys and being surrounded by all those artists/musicians,has inspired Madonna and gave her some ideas of what she should do next and who she should work with.I hope she was able to talk to Daft Punk and demand that they send her some demos....lol

If she talked to Daft Punk it was through Pharell, gives me hope that he would be back

Please no to Avicii! It's time to take the music to a complete different direction.

I know, right? Madonna has always gotten tired of doing the same thing over and over. I can't imagine she doesn't want to mix it up at this point. Then again, she's changed quite a bit, so maybe that's her latest reinvention: not changing?

I know, right? Madonna has always gotten tired of doing the same thing over and over. I can't imagine she doesn't want to mix it up at this point. Then again, she's changed quite a bit, so maybe that's her latest reinvention: not changing?

I think she has learned to enjoy more what she does, instead of push further and further. So if her heart is for another dance album, she will do no matter what.

Of course, tours are another thing. I'm sure she will try to top MDNA (which now seems almost impossible!)

why does she keep her best stuff more for hardcore fans imagine if she'd open an award show with a GGW-like performance, or LAV and Between the Bars.. she knows what people really love so why not give more of that to the masses as well? be iconic M (much like her grammy performance in terms of outfit..) and just show great performances & music like she always did before..