Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

I love her ballads, but I don't want an entire album of them.

I want her to go back to using live instruments, for a more organic sound.

Ever since that interview with Philippe Zdar, where he said Madonna wanted to work with him, but he said no because she asked one of her people to call him, instead of doing it herself, I've been dying for it to happen.

I'm surprised to hear that because when i read about people working with her or madonna being interested in their work it's always M that calls them. or maybe she learned to call them after hearing what philippe said

I'm surprised to hear that because when i read about people working with her or madonna being interested in their work it's always M that calls them. or maybe she learned to call them after hearing what philippe said

Yeah, I was surprised as well.

This is what he said:

I’ve been asked to work with Madonna.

But, this doesn’t mean anything to me anymore.

If she calls me tomorrow and says “Phillippe, I love your sound because there’s something punk in it,” I’d say “Come on, join me in the studio right now!”

But it was her manager who called me.

It’s kinda cool, but I don’t care.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/24/philippe-zdar-he-said-no-to-working-with-madonna/#ixzz2rAALgt11

I really want them to work together, because I like Cassius and I love what he did with Phoenix.

these days its Guy O who finds her DJs to produce.

It all goes back to guy o, doesn't it? Lol.

He's the real Material Girl.

Quite honestly, the fact that he's says shit like "we're trying to figure out how to get (this or that) out to the fans" ie: sticky and sweet 09 footage, or a new single or video. I mean, throw it on iTunes or amazon and let the people who want it buy it.

I'm kinda glad he's going to be so busy with U2 because he's only good as her business manager anymore. She did much better with a female management team, IMO.

All speculation of course, but if she wants to revisit her past collaborators, great. If she wants to do something new, even better. But even though

I'm happy I got in the GT through his twitter contest (but I'd already paid $600 for a VIP ticket for that night.) guy o just really doesn't have the ear or foresight he did when he was at Maverick.

Guy gets too much blame. He just facilitates what she wants. She tells him she wants to do dj/electronic music and he may find certain new dj's, but that's not because he's pushing dj music on her when that's not what she wants to do. He says "we" because he works with her to facilitate and produce certain things not because he sees himself as the artist. It costs money to produce these releases with someone on Madonna's level so it's not always workable to just throw something out on itunes or amazon like indie artists do. He facilitates what she wants, but I don't believe he controls her musical direction. That's very much her.

Well guy forced Madge out of many great things like the "black Madonna" concept.

Guy O. thinks more about just money..and Madge trusts him too much because, yes he has brought her a lot of cash.

Well guy forced Madge out of many great things like the "black Madonna" concept.

Guy O. thinks more about just money..and Madge trusts him too much because, yes he has brought her a lot of cash.

yes, i agree, it's a real shame too. we would have so many interesting and thought provoking works. it would be much more interesting if her nick name from was m-nigga instead of m-dolla, imo. i like her to take risks.

It's probably for the best that he made her change her mind about the black Madonna concept.

I agree.I don't think that idea would have gone over well with the masses :)

i think hes a bit out of touch these days..why on earth he though Benassi brothers would be cool or hot?

I am pretty sure she chose them because she loved the remix they did of "Celebration" in 2009. She has known to test people out with remixes and then moving on to use them for full album production (Shep Pettibone, Andre Betts, William Orbit).

I think Guy O. gets way too much blame. As if Madonna is some kind of victim of poor management.

She can fire him, ya know. Exhibit A: Freddy DeMann.

I'm not saying she should've done the black madonna thing, but please. She's done plenty of stuff that hasn't gone over well with the masses. Isn't that what we love her for?! I don't see her as ever having done things to try and please the masses in the first place...

Guy gets too much blame. He just facilitates what she wants. She tells him she wants to do dj/electronic music and he may find certain new dj's, but that's not because he's pushing dj music on her when that's not what she wants to do. He says "we" because he works with her to facilitate and produce certain things not because he sees himself as the artist. It costs money to produce these releases with someone on Madonna's level so it's not always workable to just throw something out on itunes or amazon like indie artists do. He facilitates what she wants, but I don't believe he controls her musical direction. That's very much her.

Guy needs to GO.

I'm not saying she should've done the black madonna thing, but please. She's done plenty of stuff that hasn't gone over well with the masses. Isn't that what we love her for?! I don't see her as ever having done things to try and please the masses in the first place...

thank u :indie:

Actually, doing blackface is something I'm not onboard for. I know she was referencing the black Madonna, but considering the history of blackface it simply wasn't a good idea.

I love when she provokes people, but I wouldn't like it if she did it by hurting people.

DJ Avicci is currently in Australia touring & he did an interview on Foxtel's Music station Channel V this morning & said what his plans are for the rest of year & he said he has some work with Madonna lined up soon.

What do u think? I am mixed I like "Wake Me Up" & "Hey Big Brother" but I was hoping for no more DJ's.

mtribe

DJ Avicci is currently in Australia touring & he did an interview on Foxtel's Music station Channel V this morning & said what his plans are for the rest of year & he said he has some work with Madonna lined up soon.

What do u think? I am mixed I like "Wake Me Up" & "Hey Big Brother" but I was hoping for no more DJ's.

mtribe

It's kind of inevitable that he would at least TRY. But we know in the early rounds lots of ppl throw their ideas at her so she can THEN decide what direction she wants to take.

mtribe

I'm not familiar with his work...guess I'll head on over to Youtube and check out those songs you mentioned.

mtribe

Maybe it's just a remix of the first single from the new album.

tumblr_mzi41kuCiK1ql5yr7o1_500.gif