Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

The peak of this anti-past period was 1995 - 2001. This started to change around the time of AL. She's (smartly) all about her past these days.

I wouldn't say she's all about her past, but she embraces it more than she did in 1995=2001. I always find it silly and very annoying when artists try to pretend their past and their earlier recordings never happened. Your past makes who you who you are today. Without the people you worked with earlier in your career, you wouldn't be a star or have fans or be an icon. I prefer it when artists do acknowledge that rather than pretending all those past things don't matter. Acknowledging your past doesn't mean you can't do new things as well.

The peak of this anti-past period was 1995 - 2001. This started to change around the time of AL. She's (smartly) all about her past these days.

How is she all about her past these days? What a ridiculous thing to say. Tell this to people who complained about the lack of oldies on MDNA tour.

Guest eroticerotic

Hmm shes known for making alot of things work esp when folks say no way ;) Shes not a one trick pony so if a ballads tour and album it is, im sure it will be top notch as usual!

Ballads. Get real. Can you imagine a Madonna show with just ballads. Ain't ever gonna happen.

I think it would be a nice change of pace.It'll put the focus back on her voice.She will make it interesting.It won't be like a Celine Dion concert :)

I wouldn't mind a tour inspired by her LAV/LS performance on MDNA. I love how as the tour went on she just seemingly winged it each night and did what she felt vs being rehearsed. The performance is a big change of pace for her when it comes to her live shows. It was nice to see that side of her. A full tour in that vein may be interesting. I don't think it's necessary to leave out the more uptempo tracks to achieve that either.

I've said before, I'd like for her to do an "Unplugged" mini tour. Similar to how artists would play stripped down versions of their songs on MTV's "Unplugged" series. She could do a "mini" tour. I don't see why not. It would be something different and I'm positive Madonna could pull it off.

I wouldn't mind a tour inspired by her LAV/LS performance on MDNA. I love how as the tour went on she just seemingly winged it each night and did what she felt vs being rehearsed. The performance is a big change of pace for her when it comes to her live shows. It was nice to see that side of her. A full tour in that vein may be interesting. I don't think it's necessary to leave out the more uptempo tracks to achieve that either.

That would be awesome. It would be great to do a use programmed tour where she could change the set list now and then, but not eliminate all uptempo songs and make it all ballads/acoustic which to me would be a bit boring.

Ballads. Get real. Can you imagine a Madonna show with just ballads. Ain't ever gonna happen.

First off, she would never release an album of all ballads. And even if she did, who said she would do an all-ballads tour? When has she ever only performed songs from her latest album? She could do a bunch of midtempo/slow songs from the new album and mix in a bunch of uptempo classics. It's all about balance.

How is she all about her past these days? What a ridiculous thing to say. Tell this to people who complained about the lack of oldies on MDNA tour.

Sheesh. "All about" as in "she's really into embracing her past" these days, as opposed to being militantly against it like she was for a long time. I didn't mean that's ALL she's about. It's a figure of speech!

I've said before, I'd like for her to do an "Unplugged" mini tour. Similar to how artists would play stripped down versions of their songs on MTV's "Unplugged" series. She could do a "mini" tour. I don't see why not. It would be something different and I'm positive Madonna could pull it off.

I think this is a good idea.Maybe a 2-month mini tour that goes to the major cities.It would be a refreshing change of pace.

I'd like to see the next album pick up where the second half of MDNA left off. More songs like I'm A Sinner, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer... and less like the first half of the album. I could be wrong (I usually am), but I don't really see a drastic shift in musical style happening... who knows.

I'd like to see the next album pick up where the second half of MDNA left off. More songs like I'm A Sinner, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer... and less like the first half of the album. I could be wrong (I usually am), but I don't really see a drastic shift in musical style happening... who knows.

Yes, that sounds good still pop/dance but not quite as clubby and banging. Those are some of my favorite songs on MDNA. I don't think she should change too radically. She is at her best doing pop/dance music with a few ballads. Maybe a little more mature lyrically but I don't think she should get too far away from pop/dance/electronic.

Exactly! It would be a great way to show everyone that she can sing well.

Yes, that sounds good still pop/dance but not quite as clubby and banging. Those are some of my favorite songs on MDNA. I don't think she should change too radically. She is at her best doing pop/dance music with a few ballads. Maybe a little more mature lyrically but I don't think she should get too far away from pop/dance/electronic.

Glad you agree! And I think the lyrics to the songs I mentioned are perfectly mature. :)

I have a feeling that the next album will have more ballads than usual.It'll be a laid-back album.....not as clubby,less uptempo....similiar to Bedtime Stories.Just my prediction.

I want her to explore indietronica, dance-punk, synthpop. Add some new wave to the mix. I know she's done "electronica," but let's do a 360 of it, let's add the salt and gravy on top.

I want her to explore indietronica, dance-punk, synthpop. Add some new wave to the mix. I know she's done "electronica," but let's do a 360 of it, let's add the salt and gravy on top.

That would be really cool! I would really enjoy that.

I've been thinking about this too, it would be a great idea

I love her ballads, but I don't want an entire album of them.

I want her to go back to using live instruments, for a more organic sound.

Ever since that interview with Philippe Zdar, where he said Madonna wanted to work with him, but he said no because she asked one of her people to call him, instead of doing it herself, I've been dying for it to happen.