Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

But you didn't.

Oh, I most definitely did, my friend! It is neither a traditional studio album nor a soundtrack. I don't know why everyone insists on categorizing everything into neat compartments.

:thumbsup:

A studio album is an album of NEW material that is not tied to any other project which the music act might be involved in at the time of release. The fact thay IB contains new material doesn't change a thing. Without Dick Tracy an IB album wouldn't even exist.

Concept album? Soundtrack to a movie? Whatever

Not a studio album for sure

:yes:

Oh, I most definitely did, my friend! It is neither a traditional studio album nor a soundtrack. I don't know why everyone insists on categorizing everything into neat compartments.

So it's a gender non-conformist album. Gotcha.

It isn't a soundtrack? Fine. It's no studio album either which makes the next one Madonna's 13th studio work which was what people were trying to establish here in the first place. Was Erotica made for a movie? Or COADF? Or LAV? Music perhaps? ROL? No they weren't. Madonna is a rock star, she makes music first and foremost since day one. End

It isn't a soundtrack? Fine. It's no studio album either which makes the next one Madonna's 13th studio work which was what people were trying to establish here. Was Erotica made for a movie? Or COADF? Or LAV? Music perhaps? ROL?

No they weren't. End

I love you so much.

Madonnas team (Madonna.com) and every other well known news site will report the new album as the 13th album. End of. You wanna consider it the 14th? Fine by me. But DO NOT continue to correct everyone and lecture how everyone else is wrong. This "debate" has been going on for a decade now. Everyone else has gone with the flow with the media. So just leave it alone already.

Madonna-album-covers-MDNA-580x435.jpg

Madonnas team (Madonna.com) and every other well known news site will report the new album as the 13th album. End of. You wanna consider it the 14th? Fine by me. But DO NOT continue to correct everyone and lecture how everyone else is wrong. This "debate" has been going on for a decade now. Everyone else has gone with the flow with the media. So just leave it alone already.

Preach.gif

Im Breathless is a proper studio album.

:chuckle:

↓

A studio album is an album of NEW material that is not tied to any other project which the music act might be involved in at the time of release. The fact thay IB contains new material doesn't change a thing. Without Dick Tracy an IB album wouldn't even exist.

Concept album? Soundtrack to a movie? Whatever

Not a studio album for sure

TOTALLY AGREE. I really love IB but i don't consider it a studio album at all.

To me it's a studio album, I don't care what her official website or the media are saying. But i don't care if for others it's not a studio album. I mean, who cares?

Yes, I consider it a studio album as well but understand that most people don't. I also know it is one album that Madonna herself loves a lot. Not sure why people are getting so upset about the difference of opinions re this issue.

To me it's a studio album, I don't care what her official website or the media are saying. But i don't care if for others it's not a studio album. I mean, who cares?

To me it's a studio album, I don't care what her official website or the media are saying the truth is. But i don't care if for others it's not a studio album for the facts. I mean, who cares?

I'm pretty certain that Prince's Batman is considered a studio album, and far more of the songs from that feature in the film than with I'm Breathless/Dick Tracy.

Or Purple Rain. Or Graffiti Bridge...

It all depends on how fanbase or the artist feel toward the album. In this case, most of people and i guess Madonna herself see it as OST. For me is a studio album. but... I don't care.

http://madonna.com/music/albums/

ALBUM ARTIST NAME ALBUM NAME Madonna MDNA Madonna Celebration Madonna Hard Candy Madonna Confessions on a Dance Floor Madonna American Life Madonna Music Madonna Ray of Light Madonna Bedtime Stories Madonna Erotica Madonna Like a Prayer Madonna True Blue Madonna Like A Virgin Madonna Madonna COMPILATION ARTIST NAME ALBUM NAME Madonna Remixed and Revisited EP Madonna GHV2 Madonna Something To Remember Madonna The Immaculate Collection Madonna You Can Dance
SOUNDTRACK ARTIST NAME ALBUM NAME Madonna The Next Best Thing Madonna Selections From Evita Madonna I'm Breathless Madonna Who's That Girl

I'm Breathless is a soundtrack.

Its studio album #13 next.

Next.