Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Well, last performance in the Grammys was REALLY REALLY bombastic. It was Hung Up.

She needs show up at more awards shows and do performances like that if she doesn't want to look like a nostalgic act, because that is pretty much how she looked like last night and it bothered me a lot.

They barely mentioned her in the news today here and the performance didn't really many headlines. Yes, I understand what she did and it was a beautiful thing, but please no more of that.

She needs show up at more awards shows and do performances like that if she doesn't want to look like a nostalgic act, because that is pretty much how she looked like last night and it bothered me a lot.

They barely mentioned her in the news today here and the performance didn't really many headlines. Yes, I understand what she did and it was a beautiful thing, but please no more of that.

The performance last night wasn't about her. It was about the message. She was a guest-singer and it was a nice bonus which we and the audience got. You cannot compare the headlines to yesterday's performance to the ones when she opened a show solo.

Anyway, I hope she stays away from Skrillex and Avicii. But if she decides to go the euro dance route again, then I will still be here and loving what she does, I am pretty sure about that.

The performance last night wasn't about her. It was about the message. She was a guest-singer and it was a nice bonus which we and the audience got.

I understood that perfectly, I just prefer when its about her. No more "guest vocals".

The performance last night wasn't about her. It was about the message. She was a guest-singer and it was a nice bonus which we and the audience got. You cannot compare the headlines to yesterday's performance to the ones when she opened a show solo.

Anyway, I hope she stays away from Skrillex and Avicii. But if she decides to go the euro dance route again, then I will still be here and loving what she does, I am pretty sure about that.

This. I would love something outrageous, different, another direction of what she's been doing since COADF. I know she hates to repeat herself but a huge twist will make a refresh and we can get something different to taste.

I know it might sound superficial and ignorant but I just want an album that's gonna make her look cool again and be universally loved by the public around the world. Like in 2005-6 with Confessions on a Dancefloor and Confessions Tour. Everyone loved her. The haters were non existent. They had nothing to say. All fans were super proud. She was the one and only queen and even people who didn't like her admitted that.

I went to a bar for a drink and what felt like a wave of judgmental gay people came over to talk to me because they know I like her and all they kept asking me was "What's wrong with her?" "What the hell did she wear?" "What's wrong with her face?" "How did she go from Confessions to releasing crap like those songs with Justin and Minaj?"

I am tired of hearing such shit. Unfortunately for some reason the public things that she's been desperate and really misguided since 2007. That for some reason she totally lost it back then right after a brilliant era. And that the albums since then have been crap and big flops. Everyone wants the "cool" Madonna of "2005-6" or "1998-2000" back.

Good quality 1st single and the public is gonna like her again. This is all we need.

I know it might sound superficial and ignorant but I just want an album that's gonna make her look cool again and be universally loved by the public around the world. Like in 2005-6 with Confessions on a Dancefloor and Confessions Tour. Everyone loved her. The haters were non existent. They had nothing to say. All fans were super proud. She was the one and only queen and even people who didn't like her admitted that.

I went to a bar for a drink and what felt like a wave of judgmental gay people came over to talk to me because they know I like her and all they kept asking me was "What's wrong with her?" "What the hell did she wear?" "What's wrong with her face?" "How did she go from Confessions to releasing crap like those songs with Justin and Minaj?"

I am tired of hearing such shit. Unfortunately for some reason the public things that she's been desperate since 2007. That for some reason she totally lost it back then right after a brilliant era. And that the albums have been crap and big flops. Everyone wants the "cool" Madonna of "2005-6 or 1998-2000" back.

Good quality 1st single and the public is gonna like her again. This is all we need.

I suggest getting new friends.

I went to a bar for a drink and what felt like a wave of judgmental gay people came over to talk to me because they know I like her and all they kept asking me was "What's wrong with her?" "What the hell did she wear?" "What's wrong with her face?" "How did she go from Confessions to releasing crap like those songs with Justin and Minaj?" I was trying to tell them that they cannot judge a whole era based on the lead single.

I am tired of hearing such shit. Unfortunately for some reason the public things that she's been desperate since 2007. That for some reason she totally lost it back then right after a brilliant era. And that the albums have been crap and big flops. Everyone wants the "cool" Madonna of "2005-6 or 1998-2000" back.

Your completely right and my friends say the samething.

People you just see at the bar are not necessarily friends.

Any random fuckbag at a bar taking digs at Madonna is gonna get ignored or destroyed by me depending on the mood. Do the same.

Madonna had PLENTY of haters during the Confessions era

People thought she was told old ans looked ridiculous in the leotard for Hung Up

And people on line were bashing her like crazy and making fun of her horse riding injury

Especially the lambs

Madonna is ALWAYS gonna have haters

The more successful you are, the more haters you have

And since Madonna is the most successful female artist of all tine...

i suggest u get out more.

Tell me which bar I can go it where the people will tell me their opinions on Madonna. I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE. Also, please...I have a very active social life. Try again.

Hard Candy and MDNA are great albums, especially the last one. The only problem was the lack of promotion and decent music videos (and to chose better singles for MDNA) but she prefers to open gyms and sell perfumes. Hopefully she will be doing the first with this upcoming album.

People thought she was told old ans looked ridiculous in the leotard for Hung Up

And people on line were bashing her like crazy and making fun of her horse riding injury

Especially the lambs

Madonna is ALWAYS gonna have haters

The more successful you are, the more haters you have

And since Madonna is the most successful female artist of all tine...

Yep. People really look at the past with rose tinted glasses. I remember comments about camel toes, wrinkly hands, manly arms, being too old and on and on. Same shit different album. If you give the people who thrive of negativity a negative reaction than of course they're going to continue coming at you with this bullshit. Grow balls and get rid of them.

Exactly cicatrix, I even remember online articles from 2006, the year she had one of the top singles of all time worldwide with Hung Up and one of the top 5 selling albums of the year with Confessions and the highest grossing tour of the year as well, if Madonna is a "has been".

Well, Madonna has been a "has been" since the day she started. Same old story, same negative comments, same insults. It's funny cause sometimes we react to certain negative comments towards Madonna like they are new or never said before, and if we go back, even during her "better eras" and by that I mean eras such as Ray Of Light or COADF like you just pointed out, we find the same exact comments, jokes and insults. So they can all go and fuck themselves or come back with something more innovative. Since Madonna always reinvents herself, her haters should at least do the same cause it gets boring. Sounds so 1993 :smile:

For goodness sake, why on earth are people so obsessed about what non-fans think about Madonna ? Surely, we have all been fans for long enough to know that there are always going to be people who rubbish her. Newsflash, it has been happening since 1985.

However, she is still the biggest female star ever. This is a Madonna fan forum so why worry about people who either don't like her of don't understand her ? This constant obsession over how people perceive Madonna is becoming tedious. We have just been treated to seeing her perform at the Grammy's and now most of the comments on this thread are either quotes from people who hate her or hand wringing over people who hate her.

True Django even in 1985 when she exploded there were articles that said "Madonna will be out of the music business in 5 months".

She's always had that kind of reaction from people.

There were also articles in early 1986 before True Blue came out, were music "insiders" were saying stuff like TB will not sell anywhere close to what Like a Virgin did

And in 2014 it's True Blue 25 mil, Like a Virgin 21 mil

People have ALWAYS underestimated her or been jealous of her continued success

Especially the lambs...

And where are they now?

For goodness sake, why on earth are people so obsessed about what non-fans think about Madonna ? Surely, we have all been fans for long enough to know that there are always going to be people who rubbish her. Newsflash, it has been happening since 1985.

However, she is still the biggest female star ever. This is a Madonna fan forum so why worry about people who either don't like her of don't understand her ? This constant obsession over how people perceive Madonna is becoming tedious. We have just been treated to seeing her perform at the Grammy's and now most of the comments on this thread are either quotes from people who hate her or hand wringing over people who hate her.

Amen, sister! ;-)

If I worried what other people think about Madonna I'd have a lot fewer friends.

Of course, I've never really cared what people think of me either.

I've been thinking about the new album, and I wonder why so many fans try to guess what she'll do next? What kind of vocals she needs to do, which genre she has to stick with or break away from? Speculation and guesswork can be fun, but I do think her music has been meant to be enjoyed and not dissected.

The great eras of her career have been on target with anyone else's age related freak outs or relationships beginning and ending. Why she has such a robotic reputation and that it's so calculated is still beyond me.

Do I want anymore duets? No.

But it's not gonna stop me enjoying the music and finding in her songs those little bits of myself that she knows so well.

I suggest getting new friends.

exactly. and you're not going to find quality friends drinking in a bar. lol. "so, i went into a bar, looking for a friend.. this modern lit is not for me." yes, you need to CHANGE! not madonna, honey. get a life.

This. I would love something outrageous, different, another direction of what she's been doing since COADF. I know she hates to repeat herself but a huge twist will make a refresh and we can get something different to taste.

Something outrageous like Rah rah ro mah mah Gaga oh la la? :lmao:

Madge, stay away from Eurodance.