Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

anything M does, I will love. there really isnt a song I dont love...except one more chance. that just stinks

she does NOT get enough credit for her cataloge and how diverse it is. each album is totally diff from the last. that is what makes her special. no matter who she works with, it will be awesome. its madonna.

I love you!

Is guy o still madonna's manager...... would he know anything..... ?

i'm texting him now... he just texted back that she is indeed in the studio with pettibone,

The main problem with a ballad album is how would it translate live? I would definitely enjoy listening to a slower album at home because I love her ballads and her voice. But I'm not sure I would like a Madonna concert dominated by slower songs. At a Madonna concert, I want to dance and get pumped up and be excited. She does tend to do most of the new album on her tours. If the album was all ballads, she would have to do more of her older songs to balance out the tempo of the concert.

That's one drawback to her LN deal: whenever she records a new album,she automatically has to do a tour for it.What if she simply wanted to do an album of ballads but NOT a tour based around it? It puts her into a difficult situation.

One option would be a stripped down,acoustic-styled tour.I would actually love a tour like this.

That's one drawback to her LN deal: whenever she records a new album,she automatically has to do a tour for it.What if she simply wanted to do an album of ballads but NOT a tour based around it? It puts her into a difficult situation.

One option would be a stripped down,acoustic-styled tour.I would actually love a tour like this.

Being Madonna, she can do ANYTHING. Because she can release a ballad album and then perform in the most important opera houses in the world with a big orchestra.

Being Madonna, she can do ANYTHING. Because she can release a ballad album and then perform in the most important opera houses in the world with a big orchestra.

tickets would be at least $5000 for the worst seat in the house.

true

:wow: I'd cry like a baby

she could do a greatest hits tour :smooch:

Hey The Guardian, a Madonna album isn't a Madonna album without dance tracks.

In a way, that's true. People are always saying she should do something other than dance, but the two albums she's done that have the most slower and least dance on them, Bedtime Stories and American Life are probably the least well received by most critics and even some fans.

I love her singing a few ballads and a acoustic numbers but I don't think I would enjoy an all acoustic concert. I don't enjoy all acoustic or orchestra concerts by any artist. The best concerts I have been to for me always tend to have more uptempo stuff, either dance or rock. I know she wouldn't want to do it, but the Greatest Hits thing would be a better idea. Do mostly hit singles with a few songs from a ballad album. As I've said on here before, Greatest Hits tours get a bad name but that's because there are too many artists that do a GH tour every single time they tour and it gets boring to hear the same songs year after year. But they can be great as one time thing. So I do think she should do one Greatest Hits before she stops doing huge tours. It would be without a doubt the highest grossing and fastest selling tour there's ever been in history.

In a way, that's true. People are always saying she should do something other than dance, but the two albums she's done that have the most slower and least dance on them, Bedtime Stories and American Life are probably the least well received by most critics and even some fans.

I love her singing a few ballads and a acoustic numbers but I don't think I would enjoy an all acoustic concert. I don't enjoy all acoustic or orchestra concerts by any artist. The best concerts I have been to for me always tend to have more uptempo stuff, either dance or rock. I know she wouldn't want to do it, but the Greatest Hits thing would be a better idea. Do mostly hit singles with a few songs from a ballad album. As I've said on here before, Greatest Hits tours get a bad name but that's because there are too many artists that do a GH tour every single time they tour and it gets boring to hear the same songs year after year. But they can be great as one time thing. So I do think she should do one Greatest Hits before she stops doing huge tours. It would be without a doubt the highest grossing and fastest selling tour there's ever been in history.

"Bedtime Stories" was very well-received by critics. That it only received one nomination at the 1995 Grammys was a small scandal at the time.

Fans used to piss all over "BS" when I started frequenting Madonna message boards back around 2001, but it seems to have earned a lot of love from fans since then. Fans today seem to adore it.

"Bedtime Stories" was very well-received by critics. That it only received one nomination at the 1995 Grammys was a small scandal at the time.

Fans used to piss all over "BS" when I started frequenting Madonna message boards back around 2001, but it seems to have earned a lot of love from fans since then. Fans today seem to adore it.

Well, it was well received by critics, but it does seem to constantly come up on fans' list of their least favorite Madonna albums. I sort of didn't explain myself well. I meant either fans or critics for both. Bedtime Stories was fairly well received by critics but tends to be not liked as well by quite a few fans. American Life on the other hand, was not well reviewed for the most part but was liked by quite a few hard core fans. People always say they want one thing, but then when you give them that they say oh we don't like it, why didn't you do what you did before. So I think it's pointless to listen to articles or fan online comments that tell you as an artist what you should do, You just have to go with what you feel at the time which Madonna does tend to do.

We just disagree. 70s DID and DOES makes sense right now. It's been bubbling under in the indie world a while now, so it wasn't a shock when Justin came back with "Suit & Tie" and "Blurred Lines" became a huge hit and Daft Punk collaborated with 70s icons. I don't see the same thing happening with Nellee Hooper's style. Besides, he isn't a household name like Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder. Madonna re-teaming with him makes ZERO sense in terms of the zeitgeist right now. That's my point and always has been since this discussion began. I'm not "harking" on anything different.

Erm, as far as I'm concerned, 90s are more in right now than the 70s. Producers like David Guetta and RedOne started it all with their updated take on cheesy Europop, but then we've had a mini trip-hop revival in the UK with semi-underground acts like Delilah and Jasmine, a huge DNB and hip-hop/house comeback and even Steps at the top of the charts (!!!). In fact, the 90s have already made their comeback, the 00s are about to do the same, based on the buzz around people like BANKS, Jhene Aiko and SZA.

Erm, as far as I'm concerned, 90s are more in right now than the 70s. Producers like David Guetta and RedOne started it all with their updated take on cheesy Europop, but then we've had a mini trip-hop revival in the UK with semi-underground acts like Delilah and Jasmine, a huge DNB and hip-hop/house comeback and even Steps at the top of the charts (!!!). In fact, the 90s have already made their comeback, the 00s are about to do the same, based on the buzz around people like BANKS, Jhene Aiko and SZA.

You are right! The 90's thing is so big now. I don't follow dance and electronic stuff so closely but in rock/indie the 90's grunge/alternative sound is so big now and also the media interest in the whole Riot Grrl thing with the movie the Punk Singer about Kathleen Hanna. As I posted before, I'm so in love with Banks' music. I would love for Madonna to do something like that.

Well actually, that RedOne / David Guetta sound has actually become much less popular last year. Many of last year's biggest hits were indeed inspired / influenced by 70's music and sound.

Oh and no way she should do a Greatest Hits tour. NO WAY! And we know Madonna doesn't exactly like the idea of such a tour as well.

Oh and no way she should do a Greatest Hits tour. NO WAY! And we know Madonna doesn't exactly like the idea of such a tour as well.

I don't think she should do a GH tour on the next tour, but she should do it once before she ends the really long big tours. As we all know, Madonna does change her mind. She has said she would never do certain things or doesn't like certain things, but then will do them later! She loves a big response from the audience! I'm sure she could see on the last tour how people reacted to Holiday. I think it would be great as a one time thing. Wouldn't you love hearing all her songs that you have loved over the years in one concert with everyone singing along. Come on, it would be so much fun.

Well, the thing is the one time Madonna did something close to a GH tour (RIT) she seemed to be horribly bored and uninspired in a lot of shows. Watch her singing Material Girl or Burning Up, she was obviously fed up of singing them. Most of those performances of her hits turned out to be rather uncreative as well.

I think her most inspired and creative tours actually are the ones where she plays the smallest amount of hits (MDNA, CT, DWT). Some time around the MDNA release she described in an interview how she puts the setlist for her tours together and explained she chooses the songs which fit in her concept, her vision of the show. Putting hits in the setlist just for the sake of general public's (and the fans') happiness obviously prevent her from fully carrying out that vision. I mean, of course it was a disappointment at first when the MDNA setlist was revealed and we've seen Candy Shop and Human Nature appearing there again, but after having seen the show, it's obvious she chose those songs because they've fit her vision and concept and thus she was able to come up with amazingly creative and inspired performances. And honestly, I would rather see perfectly staged and thought-out performances of songs we've heard a lot of times before than M boredly belting out her greatest hits in uncreative performances.

Well, the thing is the one time Madonna did something close to a GH tour (RIT) she seemed to be horribly bored and uninspired in a lot of shows. Watch her singing Material Girl or Burning Up, she's obviously fed up of singing them. Most of those performances of her hits turned out to be rather uncreative as well.

I think her most inspired and creative tours actually are the ones where she plays the smallest amount of hits (MDNA, CT, DWT). Some time around the MDNA release she described in an interview how she puts the setlist for her tours together and explained she chooses the songs which fit in her concept, her vision of the show. Putting hits in the setlist just for the sake of general public's (and the fans') happiness obviously prevent her from fully carrying out that vision. I mean, of course it was a disappointment at first when the MDNA setlist was revealed and we've seen Candy Shop and Human Nature appearing there again, but after having seen the show, it's obvious she chose those songs because they've fit her vision and concept and thus she was able to come up with amazingly creative and inspired performances. And honestly, I would rather see perfectly staged and thought-out performances of songs we've heard a lot of times before than M boredly belting out her greatest hits in uncreative performances.

Er..its not like she had performed MG or BU much before..

Well actually, that RedOne / David Guetta sound has actually become much less popular last year. Many of last year's biggest hits were indeed inspired / influenced by 70's music and sound.

I'm not denying it; as I've already said, they helped kickstart the 90s mania (although I might take it back to 2007 and its mini nu rave boom and the cooler tracks on Girls Aloud albums which were heavily inspired by piano house) but the music's already moving on (or going back) to the early 00's - in fact, I might see Disclosure working with Craig David or So Solid Crew...

And yes Glinda, a really good point re the whole female rock movement. I can't wait for the Lilith Fair scene to be rediscovered, who knows what kind of brilliant music it might give us?

Also, I'm not really sure if the 70s are THAT big right now. Basically, this revival ended up giving us three hits - Blurred Lines, Get Lucky and Suit & Tie. I'd rather we skipped Bruno's Treasure as it's much more 80s-influenced in my opinion. That's pretty much it. You don't see, say, Rihanna hopping on the disco train. In fact, I'd say that 'stomp folk' ala Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers and the like is a bigger thing right now. Even Gary Barlow is doing it. Not denying what you said Nonoka, it's just surprising that not that many people are doing the 70s music right noe.

Well, the thing is the one time Madonna did something close to a GH tour (RIT) she seemed to be horribly bored and uninspired in a lot of shows. Watch her singing Material Girl or Burning Up, she was obviously fed up of singing them. Most of those performances of her hits turned out to be rather uncreative as well.

But I feel there has to be a way to combine the hits with creative performances. When I say a Greatest Hits tour, I don't mean she should just stand there and sing the hits with no theatrical elements, dancers, videos etc. like the Rolling Stones or whoever do. I think a GH tour could be great but only if the performances had the same level of creativity as all her other tours. I feel there has to be a way to combine hits with a vision and a concept.

Madonna would never do an all ballads tour, not even when she's in her 80s (And yes, she will still be touring, in leotards. Can't wait for that!). Don't forget, this is the woman who reworks her songs for every tour. Yes, RIT was a bit unique in that regard but she won't be doing it again anytime soon. Forget a Greatest Hits tour, ain't gonna happen. Then you got a song like WIFLFAG, recorded as a ballad but released as a dance single. An all-ballad album is by far not my first choice (hate ballads), but a Madonna ballad album promises to be anything BUT THAT. The only time we had an all-ballad project was a compilation. She just doesn't release them all at once like that, brand new. So once again I say, an all-ballad album is fine.. AS LONG AS THERE'S REMIXES... which there would be.

Or, at least, there better be lol