Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Adele is the most overrated piece of shit that has ever hit this planet. Madonna doesn't need Adele to write ballads. Madonna has written, perhaps, the best ballad of all time: Live to Tell.

Live to tell :bow::dramatic:

Her best ballad ! Her look in the Video :bow: the face, those eyes :dramatic:

Adele is the most overrated piece of shit that has ever hit this planet. Madonna doesn't need Adele to write ballads. Madonna has written, perhaps, the best ballad of all time: Live to Tell.

Let's hope Madonna gives this blimp the kiss of death, as only Madonna knows how :) Then she can really roll in the deep, shit that is!

Sometimes I like to think that Madonna's albums 'inform' each other and you can actually glean a lot of information as to what direction she might be going in her next album from the previous record.

"Justify my Love" set the groundwork for Erotica; the sung/spoken combination and of course the hip-hop element.

Erotica set the scene for Bedtime Stories in many ways; and those two records (by William Orbit's own admission) were instrumental for Ray of Light.

The 'folk-tronic' aspects of Music were explored in full depth on American Life.

Confessions was, admittedly, a 'reactionary' record. She did a complete 180 with that one.

Hard Candy was basically her trying to recapitulate Confessions but for the American market. So out was disco and Europop and instead came in what was the biggest thing in the USA in the past couple of years.

MDNA was more of a 'return to basics' kind of album in some ways. She wanted to re-visit the pure headless ecstasy and joy of her earliest work and perhaps the first album (hence the appropriate title) with Solveig's sound and she went back to Orbit as a tried and tested co-songwriter and producer.

This next album will be interesting in many ways. The return of more introspective mid-tempo songs and ballads on MDNA was no coincidence - "Love Spent", "Masterpiece", "Falling Free" and to a lesser extent, "I Fucked Up" and "Best Friend". The centrepiece of the MDNA Tour was the sprawling "Like a Virgin"/"Love Spent" performance. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes down this route for the next album. So in that sense it won't be 'ballad type' and get Madonna in a floral frock straight of The English Roses reading in 2003. The concept may be more subversive and unique cf. the MDNA Tour "Like a Virgin" performance.

And no, I don't think she'll be covering up any time soon. And nor do I want her to. So if those stupid critics that think a 'ballad album' will mean that she'll be covering they've got another thing coming. :wow:

I'm thinking that maybe Madonna can work with Babyface on a song or two.They created "Take A Bow" (one of her finest ballads) together and I think they can do it again.They can bring their rumored demo "Don't Talk To Strangers" out of the vault and re-work it ;)

Ballads doesn't necessarily equate to more mature music, however. I'll welcome more ballads definitely but if she chooses to stick within the electronic dance genre that's also fine by me. I would enjoy something more pop rather than heavy dance though (Beautiful Killer and Some Girls are a good direction, imo).

I would like her to combine ballads with an electronic feel. Electronic doesn't have to equal club/dance. Something like Frozen or a trip hop influence would be great. But I wouldn't care for the typical AC kind of ballad.

Or something like this song by Banks.

Marvin Gaye was the inspiration behind Blurred Lines, smart ass.

Duh. What's your point? The '70s sound is making a comeback and was pretty big in 2013. I don't see how that has anything to do with Nellee Hooper (or Shep, for that matter) producing Madonna's next album. Pharrell ripped of "Got to Give It Up" for BL, and Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder were featured artists on Daft Punk's album. None of those are examples of producers.

Um Marvin Gaye has always been popular. It's not a new trend. In fact Madonna covered one of the bitches songs called I WANT YOU in the 90s. BYE

Never heard of a band called Blurred Lines. I'm sure it's total shit if they are on the billboard hit 100 or some chart shit.

MOS Diary: Madonna to write a 'grown up' album of ballads with help from Adele

By Mail On Sunday Diary

Madonna is hanging up her pointy bras and fishnets as she swaps dance music for a 'grown up' album of ballads - thanks to Adele.

Queen of reinvention Madge has asked the 25-year-old songstress, below left, to help her, promising in return to write a song for Adele's next record.

'They have met in London and plan a writing session to produce a track for each other's new albums,' says a source close to 55-year-old Madonna, below.

So basically my thread was ahead of its time. I knew something would happen. fuck you all

So basically my thread was ahead of its time. I knew something would happen. fuck you all

If it happens , we are blaming you for turning Madonna into shit and will kill you.

If it happens , we are blaming you for turning Madonna into shit and will kill you.

I can't help that guy oseary saw my thread and decided it would a good idea. I suppose it just happened

Bring on the new music soon & want a big change in music direction if it's possible. It also feels like not too much new music has been released since 2008 even though there has been two studio albums & of course the live albums & compilation.

Guest HaveASit

All these new rumors are too exciting. Judging by the people she is supposedly working with, the new album will be her best since COADF. I mean, Nile Rodgers, Daft Punk, Frank Ocean, Adele. Great stuff.

Sometimes I like to think that Madonna's albums 'inform' each other and you can actually glean a lot of information as to what direction she might be going in her next album from the previous record.

"Justify my Love" set the groundwork for Erotica; the sung/spoken combination and of course the hip-hop element.

Erotica set the scene for Bedtime Stories in many ways; and those two records (by William Orbit's own admission) were instrumental for Ray of Light.

The 'folk-tronic' aspects of Music were explored in full depth on American Life.

Confessions was, admittedly, a 'reactionary' record. She did a complete 180 with that one.

Hard Candy was basically her trying to recapitulate Confessions but for the American market. So out was disco and Europop and instead came in what was the biggest thing in the USA in the past couple of years.

MDNA was more of a 'return to basics' kind of album in some ways. She wanted to re-visit the pure headless ecstasy and joy of her earliest work and perhaps the first album (hence the appropriate title) with Solveig's sound and she went back to Orbit as a tried and tested co-songwriter and producer.

This next album will be interesting in many ways. The return of more introspective mid-tempo songs and ballads on MDNA was no coincidence - "Love Spent", "Masterpiece", "Falling Free" and to a lesser extent, "I Fucked Up" and "Best Friend". The centrepiece of the MDNA Tour was the sprawling "Like a Virgin"/"Love Spent" performance. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes down this route for the next album. So in that sense it won't be 'ballad type' and get Madonna in a floral frock straight of The English Roses reading in 2003. The concept may be more subversive and unique cf. the MDNA Tour "Like a Virgin" performance.

And no, I don't think she'll be covering up any time soon. And nor do I want her to. So if those stupid critics that think a 'ballad album' will mean that she'll be covering they've got another thing coming. :wow:

A hundred times yes. Add to that the performance of Between the Bars and her use of the Korzenowski tracks for Secret Project, and it seems like that's the obvious direction the album will take. I really hope she goes that way, cuz LAV and BTB are beyond beautiful. I'd be more than happy with a solid ten tracks of SULTRYdonna. :wow:

Duh. What's your point? The '70s sound is making a comeback and was pretty big in 2013. I don't see how that has anything to do with Nellee Hooper (or Shep, for that matter) producing Madonna's next album. Pharrell ripped of "Got to Give It Up" for BL, and Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder were featured artists on Daft Punk's album. None of those are examples of producers.

Sweetie, you said that "Bedtime story"s and "Deeper and Deeper"s wouldn't make sense for 2014. I was trying to make a point that 70s music wouldn't have made sense for 2013, but it worked and became pretty popular. Don't try and hark on something different now. The point is dated music, it's making or has made a comeback. So what if she does it. It's new madonna music anyhew.

Sweetie, you said that "Bedtime story"s and "Deeper and Deeper"s wouldn't make sense for 2014. I was trying to make a point that 70s music wouldn't have made sense for 2013, but it worked and became pretty popular. Don't try and hark on something different now. The point is dated music, it's making or has made a comeback. So what if she does it. It's new madonna music anyhew.

That is exactly right, Honey Sweets.