Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Honestly, the only rumors that I'd be happy were true are the Giorgio Moroder and Patrick Leonard ones.

I love the guesswork we all have at album conception time, but I'm always ALWAYS surprised by the results.

Daft Punk made an ode to Giorgio Moroder and Nile Rodgers with RAM, so working with them would be not all that exciting to me.

Nile Rodgers sound hasn't really evolved much from what I've heard from him, so LAV2 isn't really that exciting to me, either.

Pharrell is always welcome, as is Mirwais.

I'm ready for something new, though. Brand new.

MOS Diary: Madonna to write a 'grown up' album of ballads with help from Adele

By Mail On Sunday Diary

Madonna is hanging up her pointy bras and fishnets as she swaps dance music for a 'grown up' album of ballads - thanks to Adele.

Queen of reinvention Madge has asked the 25-year-old songstress, below left, to help her, promising in return to write a song for Adele's next record.

'They have met in London and plan a writing session to produce a track for each other's new albums,' says a source close to 55-year-old Madonna, below.

By Mail On Sunday Diary

Madonna is hanging up her pointy bras and fishnets as she swaps dance music for a 'grown up' album of ballads - thanks to Adele.

Queen of reinvention Madge has asked the 25-year-old songstress, below left, to help her, promising in return to write a song for Adele's next record.

'They have met in London and plan a writing session to produce a track for each other's new albums,' says a source close to 55-year-old Madonna, below.

I don't think this is true but i would LOVE it!

By Mail On Sunday Diary

LOL

A ballad album yes, im all for it, but please no fucking Adele! I can't stand that woman! I hope Adele just stays in the desk and do not touch the mic please :S

You're assuming I agree that Nile Rodgers didn't make sense for 2013. And Marvin Gaye? He's dead. And didn't produce anything in 2013.

Marvin Gaye was the inspiration behind Blurred Lines, smart ass.

The more I think about it,I'm beginning to like the idea of a ballads album.One of my favorite songs on MDNA is "Falling Free".Her vocals are stunning on that song.If she can come up with some more great songs like that,I'm all for it.I'd like for her to record a studio version of "Behind The Bars" for this project..And here's something to keep in mind: This won't be a boring,run-of-the-mill ballads album.Madonna will find ways to make it unique and interesting.With some strong lyrics,lush strings,and amazing production,this album could be incredible!! The dance stuff is great,but I kinda feel like she should take a break from it.Everyone is doing EDM these days,anyway and there's no way for Madonna to stand out in that genre.

So,I guess the question now becomes....who should produce this album?

Maybe it won't be a ballads only album. I'm thinking more BS, midtempo album in general with a ballad and a dance track here and there... This can be awesome!

And about Adele, I don't know... I mean, if M is going to do another featuring with a hot popular artist, better be her right? Or Lana, maybe. I'd much rather have a Madonna only album though.

I agree that Madonna + Lana would be better. Ive always seen Adele as a ordinary fat girl with a ordinary fat voice in drag :lol: i just can't with that overhyped crap

Guest SecretGarden

Ballads doesn't necessarily equate to more mature music, however. I'll welcome more ballads definitely but if she chooses to stick within the electronic dance genre that's also fine by me. I would enjoy something more pop rather than heavy dance though (Beautiful Killer and Some Girls are a good direction, imo).