Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

My dream album for madonna has changed. I want her to make music like peaches last album!!! And some basement jaxx and chromatics! :)

I want a trip hop feel with minimal dance.

I would LOVE this!

how cool would it be to get female singersongwriters who were also pop stars or famous during madonna's older days all the way up to the present to all submit written songs for her - Cyndi, Deb Harry, Lennox, Tori Amos, Liz Phair, Courtney Love, Fiona Apple, Lady Gaga, Sara Bareioee892es, Adele....and she picks the best of the best then works with Leonard on the vocal arrangements, melodies, harmonies, vox production and gets the members of Odd Future to produce. THAT WOULD KILL

I've always wanted Madonna to go a bit industrial. I'd love for her to work with Flood and Alan Moulder.

Me too. I think they'd be genius together.

Interestingly enough, Flood co-produced tracks on Goldfrapp's Seventh Tree.

Suede's M13 Fantasy list

Title: 13

Number of tracks: 13 (standard edition; deluxe edition to feature 3 music videos for the planned singles along with live performances)

Vocals: Madonna

Backing vocals: Madonna

Songwriters: Madonna, Patrick Leonard, William Orbit, Joe Henry

Producers: Madonna, Brian Eno, Daft Punk, Joe Henry, William Orbit

"Guests" and "Featuring artists": NONE

End of.

Enough of Orbit, get someone else to produce the new album.

I think Stuart Price deserves another chance to collaborate with M.

Meh. She does best when she doesn't repeat herself. If you listen to Stuart's work with Kylie and Pet Shop Boys, it's obvious he would just churn out the same old stuff. I don't need COADF II. I wouldn't mind remixes by him though. I never understand why after she ditches a producer (Shep, Orbit, Stuart), she doesn't continue to hire them to do remixes. Maybe they feel it's a step down after working on an album?

If M does head into the recording studio soon, it's only a matter of time before we know (some of) the producers.

Madonna started recording MDNA in mid-July 2011, and by early August, we knew that she was working with both Martin Solveig and William Orbit. News of Jean Baptiste's involvement came in late August.

In early November, it was revealed that Benny Benassi was also on board.

I think he implied that she repeated herself with MDNA. Correct me if i'm wrong horn.

Actually no.

I'm talking about since she could work with Orbit thrice (ROL/Music/MDNA), Stephen Bray & Patrick Leonard twice (TB/LAP), Mirwais twice (Music/AL + 1 song from COADF), why not give Stuart Price another chance?

Meh. She does best when she doesn't repeat herself. If you listen to Stuart's work with Kylie and Pet Shop Boys, it's obvious he would just churn out the same old stuff. I don't need COADF II. I wouldn't mind remixes by him though. I never understand why after she ditches a producer (Shep, Orbit, Stuart), she doesn't continue to hire them to do remixes. Maybe they feel it's a step down after working on an album?

I'm sure he was commissioned to remix songs, but they weren't approved. M tends to pick the remixes by new up and coming djs

Actually no.

I'm talking about since she could work with Orbit thrice (ROL/Music/MDNA), Stephen Bray & Patrick Leonard twice (TB/LAP), Mirwais twice (Music/AL + 1 song from COADF), why not give Stuart Price another chance?

Well, I was against her working with Orbit again on MDNA (though I ended up really liking their songs). I didn't mind Music, because ROL was so successful, so she continued working with Orbit while bringing in Mirwais, who ultimately defined the sound of that album. It wasn't ROL pt. 2. I think AL was a mistake, sound-wise since it was ultimately the same shtick only not a good. If she had worked with Price on HC, I wouldn't have been against that. But to bring him back 9 years later when they haven't done anything together since 2006 and he hasn't really evolved his sound very much since then? Bad idea IMO.

I agree with vocalism here. I think Stuart Price is a brilliant remixer and he understands Madonna's music (plus he did a great job reinventing her songs for her tours) but he would not bring anything new to the table now. I mean, I wouldn't be against another dance mega smash a la Hung Up in future but not for her next album.

I am not at all sure that we'll get a new album in 2014. Probably, in 2015? For the new album, I would love her to pick a brand new producer who we have never heard of -it's really time for something new. And please, no collaborations!

I have a thought about the Patrick Leonard 'meeting', supposing they are indeed working together, could it also be the possible 25 yr Like A Prayer re-release?

She would most definitely need to meet with him since he coproducer the bulk of that album and there must be some archival

songs/demos in the vault.

I know its wishful thinking, but it would be a good way to build momentum if she does release a new collaboration with him later in 2014 or 2015.

I have a thought about the Patrick Leonard 'meeting', supposing they are indeed working together, could it also be the possible 25 yr Like A Prayer re-release?

She would most definitely need to meet with him since he coproducer the bulk of that album and there must be some archival

songs/demos in the vault.

I know its wishful thinking, but it would be a good way to build momentum if she does release a new collaboration with him later in 2014 or 2015.

This would be amazing.

I can't imagine Madonna being bothered about a LAP anniversary, to be fair. If it's released, it will be related to Warner.

If Madonna and Pat met, it may be because they are friends, or she was visiting her daughter Jessie or whatever. Or maybe he just played her some tunes...

Since we're fantasizing, I would love a remastered album + a bonus disc of the following:

1. Like a Prayer (7" Version)

2. Like a Prayer (12" Dance Mix)

3. Like a Prayer (12" Club Version)

4. Express Yourself (7" Version)

5. Express Yourself (Video Mix)

6. Keep It Together (12" Remix)

7. Keep It Together (12" Extended Mix)

8. Keep It Together (12" Mix)

9. Supernatural
10. First Is a Kiss

Since we're fantasizing, I would love a remastered album + a bonus disc of the following:

1. Like a Prayer (7" Version)

2. Like a Prayer (12" Dance Mix)

3. Like a Prayer (12" Club Version)

4. Express Yourself (7" Version)

5. Express Yourself (Video Mix)

6. Keep It Together (12" Remix)

7. Keep It Together (12" Extended Mix)

8. Keep It Together (12" Mix)

9. Supernatural

10. First Is a Kiss

:serenade:

I can't imagine Madonna being bothered about a LAP anniversary, to be fair. If it's released, it will be related to Warner.

If Madonna and Pat met, it may be because they are friends, or she was visiting her daughter Jessie or whatever. Or maybe he just played her some tunes...

If that's all you can imagine, then why share it? It's boring.

;-)

I like my story better.