"2014 is mine. Bring it!"

Apples388

.... I actually don't know if Madonna would have as much success by simply dropping an album....

She'd never be able to keep it quiet. A "surprise" Madonna album is not possible.

Doubt it. Craig Kostich was only ever an executive producer and it was because she was on Warner Bros. He was a label executive, not a true producer. This tweet is just rehashing old rumors.

I am not sure why people keep saying Beyonce "redefined" the album release. Does this mean people are definitely going to release surprise albums all the time? I think the reason it was successful was because it's Beyonce and it was the holidays. I actually don't know if Madonna would have as much success by simply dropping an album. After all, people claim that MDNA flopped in Europe because no one there pays attention to the Super Bowl. So if no one knew about it, shouldn't that make it a surprise release?

How many times did we discuss this already? No one knew about in Europe because it wasn't promoted enough.

And the difference between Beyonce and Madonna is that Beyonce intended to release the album without anybody knowing it, I'm not sure Madonna intended the same :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

How many times did we discuss this already? No one knew about in Europe because it wasn't promoted enough.

And the difference between Beyonce and Madonna is that Beyonce intended to release the album without anybody knowing it, I'm not sure Madonna intended the same :lol:

2 years on people STILL don't know that it was released. On the radio they were saying her last album was with Justin Timberlake

Perez is already at it, apparently Elton John was at the same party at Valentino's

madonna-new-year__oPt.jpg

It's a new year, and Madonna is ready for a new guy! And the starsicon1.png are aligning to make it happen!

Her Madgesty spent New Year's Eve at Valentino's Gstaad homeicon1.png Chalet Gifferhorn.

The exclusive 60-person guest list included former feuding partner Elton John, who according to sources inside the party, was among pals trying to get the Material Girl some new man material! The source said:

After breaking up with boy toyicon1.png Brahim Zaibat this year, Madge has been seen with former flame Sean Penn.

"[They] were figuring out who to set her up with. One joked that she needs to go on Tinder."

We're guessing that wasn't a permanent thing?

But maybe Madonna will be luckier in love in 2014. And we're not sure she needs help finding her own Rocket Man either!

From the looks of this pic (above) gurl still has plenty of gameicon1.png on her own!

- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-02-madonna-valentino-elton-john-new-years-eve-party-flirting#sthash.VrzfPr9M.dpuf

http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-02-madonna-valentino-elton-john-new-years-eve-party-flirting#sthash.VrzfPr9M.dpbs

Well, in all honesty, I have to disagree. W.E. did not deserve the beating it deserved in the media. I don't know if you've actually watched it, but there is a huge improvement over Filth And Wisdom. IMO, there is a special atmosphere to the movie and the style is gorgeous! W.E. might not be of cinematic quality in some aspects, but the style definitely was a beauty to behold!

oh I like the film! And everyone else I know who saw it has liked it (more than I did!) I thought it was really beautifully crafted and well acted, just occasionally incoherent and messy, but a lot of films are and I don't hold it against the film. On the whole I think the Guardian does give fair reviews, I didn't read the WE one, but wasn't the venice cut very different to the one that was ultimately released? It was mauled by everyone, and most reviews after were still unkind: unfairly indeed, but it wasn't just the Guardian that did it.

Perez is already at it, apparently Elton John was at the same party at Valentino's

madonna-new-year__oPt.jpg

It's a new year, and Madonna is ready for a new guy! And the starsicon1.png are aligning to make it happen!

Her Madgesty spent New Year's Eve at Valentino's Gstaad homeicon1.png Chalet Gifferhorn.

The exclusive 60-person guest list included former feuding partner Elton John, who according to sources inside the party, was among pals trying to get the Material Girl some new man material! The source said:

After breaking up with boy toyicon1.png Brahim Zaibat this year, Madge has been seen with former flame Sean Penn.

"[They] were figuring out who to set her up with. One joked that she needs to go on Tinder."

We're guessing that wasn't a permanent thing?

But maybe Madonna will be luckier in love in 2014. And we're not sure she needs help finding her own Rocket Man either!

From the looks of this pic (above) gurl still has plenty of gameicon1.png on her own!

- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-02-madonna-valentino-elton-john-new-years-eve-party-flirting#sthash.VrzfPr9M.dpuf

http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-02-madonna-valentino-elton-john-new-years-eve-party-flirting#sthash.VrzfPr9M.dpbs

yes the Dutchies started too: http://m.telegraaf.nl/prive/article/22180910/timor-en-madonna-een-setje

I suppose if the album is pencilled for late 2014 then realistically it will be out in March 2015 with the tour to follow. Rewind back to MDNA except with no Super Bowel buzz hit so the first single better be good ! :bad:

I suppose if the album is pencilled for late 2014 then realistically it will be out in March 2015 with the tour to follow. Rewind back to MDNA except with no Super Bowel buzz hit so the first single better be good ! :bad:

I think this time around there will actually be more time between the album release and the start of the tour. There is no Superbowl stress and no movie promotion in sight. And even if she has another cinematic project at heart, doubt she'll want to dedicate to it as much time as she did for W.E.

I also don't think that if she starts working on the album shortly, it will be out in March 2015 and then go on a tour in the summer. It usually takes 8-9 months between record conception/realisation and actual release. If she really is about to start working on a record as rumoured, the album will be out in the fall at the latest

I think she'll do more promotion than MDNA but people shouldn't expect her to whore it on every TV show imaginable. Madonna's career is so much bigger than that now

I demand a quarter 4 2014 release.

And a dazzling tv show performance

*secretly wanting an ITV "Audience With Madonna" itv special with Coronation street cast members like Emily And Rita boogying*

I demand a quarter 4 2014 release.

And a dazzling tv show performance

*secretly wanting an ITV "Audience With Madonna" itv special with Coronation street cast members like Emily And Rita boogying*

:lmao: Dr Lecter, love that image you have created of Emily and Rita, Roy and Norris would have to put on their dancing shoes as well. :laugh:

If a new album is the only project Madonna will be working on, then I think it's safe to say she'll do quite a bit of promotion. She's not against making appearances, doing interviews, performances, etc. It's just a matter of what she's promoting. When she has a film, fragrance, clothing line, gym, AND an album come out all at the same time, that's when it gets tricky.

Take this last era for example, she did the Tonight Show, Anderson, Nightline, Graham Norton, etc. But it was for her movie. If the film wasn't coming out, those appearances would've been to create buzz for MDNA. If she did a promo campaign this time that was similar to COADF, that would be a dream come true.

I also think that after working on her film for 3 years straight, she was very anxious to get back on tour and perform a full show. I don't think she wanted to be bothered w/doing a small promo tour prior to the full world tour starting. Maybe if she only works on music this time, she'll be up for more album promotion. I, personally, would love to see her do one of those On The Record w/FUSE interviews!! It would be like those days when she would do interviews w/Kurt Loder on MTV! Anyone remember Dinner with Madonna?

Edited by MrMojoRisin

I think this time around there will actually be more time between the album release and the start of the tour. There is no Superbowl stress and no movie promotion in sight. And even if she has another cinematic project at heart, doubt she'll want to dedicate to it as much time as she did for W.E.

I also don't think that if she starts working on the album shortly, it will be out in March 2015 and then go on a tour in the summer. It usually takes 8-9 months between record conception/realisation and actual release. If she really is about to start working on a record as rumoured, the album will be out in the fall at the latest

I think she'll do more promotion than MDNA but people shouldn't expect her to whore it on every TV show imaginable. Madonna's career is so much bigger than that now

I never understood why it has to take that long. I do understand it's usually that way with a big artist like Madonna, but albums do not have to take that long to release, especially in this day and age, when many artists are releasing their music independently.

I suspect if she enters the studio anytime soon, she's already been listening to music demos and has who she wants to work with lined up. It's just a matter of getting everyone in the studio that wants to work with. Fall release seems likely at this point if she gets into the studio within the next month or two.

If a new album is the only project Madonna will be working on, then I think it's safe to say she'll do quite a bit of promotion. She's not against making appearances, doing interviews, performances, etc. It's just a matter of what she's promoting. When she has a film, fragrance, clothing line, gym, AND an album come out all at the same time, that's when it gets tricky.

Take this last era for example, she did the Tonight Show, Anderson, Nightline, Graham Norton, etc. But it was for her movie. If the film wasn't coming out, those appearances would've been to create buzz for MDNA. If she did a promo campaign this time that was similar to COADF, that would be a dream come true.

I also think that after working on her film for 3 years straight, she was very anxious to get back on tour and perform a full show. I don't think she wanted to be bothered w/doing a small promo tour prior to the full world tour starting. Maybe if she only works on music this time, she'll be up for more album promotion. I, personally, would love to see her do one of those On The Record w/FUSE interviews!! It would be like those days when she would do interviews w/Kurt Loder on MTV! Anyone remember Dinner with Madonna?

I hope she doesn't decide to do a movie.I want this year to be focused only on the new album.

Well, that is my point. If Beyonce didn't promote, how is hers so successful? Madonna did not promote MDNA in Europe, so technically she's already tried that route.

Well, that is my point. If Beyonce didn't promote, how is hers so successful? Madonna did not promote MDNA in Europe, so technically she's already tried that route.

Beyonce build anticipation. She was in a Pepsi campaign, magazines, and a world tour. Everyone knew a new Beyonce album was coming, we just didn't know the date of release. It was the surprise factor that worked in her favor.

Beyonce build anticipation. She was in a Pepsi campaign, magazines, and a world tour. Everyone knew a new Beyonce album was coming, we just didn't know the date of release. It was the surprise factor that worked in her favor.

Then she did do promotion, just not the week of the album release.

do we still believe those crazy iTunes numbers? :rotfl:

Apple did a good job promoting itself as the next best music platform, but I don't believe it for a second that an iTunes exclusive turned into a multi platinum seller

Then she did do promotion, just not the week of the album release.

Exactly and by doing it this way she bypassed the drama of her last album, where there were no obvious hit singles. If you drop the album FIRST and then release the singles, you avoid bad press leading up to the album. This would have been a great approach for MDNA and a great approach for M's next album, which is unlikely to spawn any big hits. Let the ALBUM be the thing.

Exactly and by doing it this way she bypassed the drama of her last album, where there were no obvious hit singles. If you drop the album FIRST and then release the singles, you avoid bad press leading up to the album. This would have been a great approach for MDNA and a great approach for M's next album, which is unlikely to spawn any big hits. Let the ALBUM be the thing.

Well, I am not saying Madonna already did it because "Give Me All Your Luvin'" did leak months before the album, but people could order MDNA well before it was released. I mean, it did go #1 on iTunes all over the world before the single even took off (and subsequently tanked).

Anyway, I'm not trying to belabor the point. We will see what Madonna does next time around. It's not like I'd be sad if she shot videos for every song on her album.

If she is releasing a new album I really hope the lead single is decent this time.

I hope she focuses more on the art of creating music videos this time. If she wants to do another cinematic project let it be for her album and not for some other crap. I'd be here for something like Lana Del Rey's TROPICO or even a visual album like Beyoncé. Her videos and her art is what is so great about her I just think she really forgot about it over the past few years. But now with all this art for freedom stuff I really think she might be putting the focus on art instead of touring. I'm here for a tour, but she should at least put some effort in showcasing her album first. The album doesn't have to be a commercial success, but I want videos. GOOD VIDEOS!