My dream producer for the next album is...

André 3000

Frank Ocean

Emile Haynie

Rick Nowels

Nile Rodgers

I'd be here for an experimental R&B, funk, alternative pop/rock record.

Interesting choices.If she wanted to go that route (R&B),I think Pharrell and DangerMouse would be cool choices,too.

having reciprocally expressed mutual interest in collaborating together, i guess we may assume that on her next album we will maybe get some collaboration with the Daft Punk, at least on the lead single. I don't know if i want a full album with them though, but i will obviously piss my pants if it happens.

I would love her to work with Bruno Mars :shy:

It's sad Madonna's blind asslicker Nazi fans try to silence constructive criticism of her and ban the truthers. Ever heard of a song called Express Yourself? Madonna's artistry has taken a nosedive over the years. She will win her fans back and respect from critics when she fully and seriously devotes herself to music again.

You are still here. I dare you to write a positive post.

OMG WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE? What we need is a grand FLUSH

Chelle, this is nothing compared to the forums that a lot of them originally post at . And I am not just talking about Madonnatribe. It is actually considered wrong to not be ultra critical of Madonna and to so many of them if you like anything after Ray of Light you are not a true fan because you are not critical etc. Drives me insane and why I have decided to never post at other Madonna forums from now on. Being critical is fine but when post after post is just attacking Madonna, you know you have to get out. Madonnanation is for people that actually like Madonna, can be critical but not bash her relentlessly.

I've never been keen on these "personal pizza" threads; picking your own producers. But let's turn the thread around and focus on it's original intention.

I haven't done this in a long time. But here a few of my fantasies:

DFA

Photek

Headcleanr

Air

Basement Jaxx

Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross

I'm not opposed to her working with Orbit again. I've always enjoyed the tracks they've done together. I wouldn't if she went down that ambient techo-60's psychedelic vibe again. Bring on Sasha and Moby for the ride too.

Vocalism, I'm sorry, but I find it offensive that a fan would say things like "someone who claims herself as an artist shouldn't be commended for writing a third of the album"

I don't mean to sound obsessed with gaga but her last album artpop had a FLOOD of producers on the writing credits, but as far as I know nobody has criticized her for it or tried to say anything about her not being an artist. I just think it's slightly hypocritical because madonna has never ever in her life made an album where somebody has completely done EVERYTHING For her. It just does not set well with me that a so called fan would make these kind of remarks, because her process for an album has slightly changed! Think about all the singers out here who write NOTHING on their albums and just rerecord the demos given to them! Madonna at least contributes to the process in her albums, she always has!

The bottom line is that the quality of Madonna's songwriting has varied wildly over the years. She had a long stretch of high quality lyrics, and they started to get a little embarrassing after she had Lourdes. ROL gets a pass because of the music and production and perceived "introspection," but "Little Star," "Swim," etc. are pretty lame lyrically. Obviously people will disagree, but those two have always stuck out to me. Even "Nothing Really Matters" is weak lyrically. It's made up for by Pat's incredible melody and WO's fantastic production. Unfortunately, I think it's a natural progression. In the '90s she was surrounded by cutting edge young people, the club scene, reading Walt Whitman and watching obscure indie films. As she's gotten older, she's been surrounded by Kaballah, little kids, etc. That's GOT to affect your writing. People evolve and change, and sometimes get less sophisticated in many respects.

Another example: Imagine the movies Madonna would have made in the 90s. They're probably be really subversive, button-pushing, and provocative. Now what kind of movie does she make? W.E. Pretty conservative and reflective of her worldview of privilege and celebrity.

I won't mention secretprojectrevolution, which was discussed at length when we all saw it, but there are examples in that too. Who was it who said it's like she's talking to children now and not her equals? That's a great example.

This is such a great post.

Vocalism, I'm sorry, but I find it offensive that a fan would say things like "someone who claims herself as an artist shouldn't be commended for writing a third of the album"

I don't mean to sound obsessed with gaga but her last album artpop had a FLOOD of producers on the writing credits, but as far as I know nobody has criticized her for it or tried to say anything about her not being an artist. I just think it's slightly hypocritical because madonna has never ever in her life made an album where somebody has completely done EVERYTHING For her. It just does not set well with me that a so called fan would make these kind of remarks, because her process for an album has slightly changed! Think about all the singers out here who write NOTHING on their albums and just rerecord the demos given to them! Madonna at least contributes to the process in her albums, she always has!

I'm not sure this was intended for me, since I've never said anything remotely like that.

I've never been keen on these "personal pizza" threads; picking your own producers. But let's turn the thread around and focus on it's original intention.

I haven't done this in a long time. But here a few of my fantasies:

DFA

Photek

Headcleanr

Air

Basement Jaxx

Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross

I'm not opposed to her working with Orbit again. I've always enjoyed the tracks they've done together. I wouldn't if she went down that ambient techo-60's psychedelic vibe again. Bring on Sasha and Moby for the ride too.

Hello 2003

I was talking about theunseenhand! :)

Ah, gotcha. Well, to each his own. I've always said Madonna's fanbase is one of the most diverse, with lots of different opinions and preferences. There's room for everyone. I personally value artists who write their own material, and the fact that Madonna seems to be outsourcing more and more bums me out. It's not that big a deal, though, since she makes every song her own. However, if you're going to outsource, it better be fucking great. And something like GGW and "Revolver" are two examples that seem pointless to me.

> Babyface and produce some beautiful 90s like ballads, e.g. Inside of me, TAB, You´ll see etc...

> Mirvais, 1-2 french house music

> sia

> bjork

Why is that offensive to you when it has nothing to do with you?

If it makes you feel better, I don't talk about Lady Gaga because I'm not even remotely interested in her. It's hard to criticize someone when you don't know a damn thing about her anymore. I talk about Madonna because I'm interested in her and I care about her. And when I discuss about her with other fans on different Madonna forums, I feel like I can say whatever I feel. It's sort of within family. It's like with my favorite sports teams. I can tell them that they suck but a non-fan better not say they stink or I let them have it. Same with Madonna.

But in general, what I say about Madonna applies to everyone whether I know them or not. It's a well-known fact that Beyonce bulldozes her name into songwriting credits even though she doesn't write even one word. You can be sure that I don't respect her for that either. But again, why would I talk about Beyonce when I don't listen to her and I'm not interested in her? As for people who don't write their own material, it's fine. At least they are honest about it. They don't claim to have written those songs that they record. But usually their talent is in singing. For example, Barbra Streisand whom I love. She never claims to have written the songs and always praises the people who write their songs. But her talent is in singing (and in acting, directing etc. which makes her an artist).

Madonna's gift isn't in singing although she is very much underrated as one (which is why I wish she'd stopped computerizing her vocals... there's nothing I'd rather listen to than her natural singing voice). Madonna has proven that she can a very good at songwriting if she puts her mind into it. When she accepts and rejects songs that were rejected by singers like Britney and Rihanna (notice that I don't call them artists!), I don't know why I should think that is something a real artist would do. It simply isn't what artists do. I mean, what is the artistry in that? I think it shows that she isn't really into making an album or music anymore and is doing it only because she is contractually obliged to do so. It's a shame. She can do so much better and she would get so much more respect from everyone if she committed herself into writing and creating an album. Or do you disagree? Do you honestly think she does better when she takes those rejected songs from other much lesser pop stars?

All in all, I appreciate truth and transparency. It's a major turn-off for me when people take credit for something they haven't done.

Guest Rachelle of London

In the realm of songwriting I would love Madonna to work with Priscilla Renea again. Priscilla has nothing but positive things to say about working with M, a great talent and a whizz with lyrics.

Guest Rachelle of London

Who is she Chelle?

Songwriter. She co wrote Gang Bang and Love Spent on MDNA. She also writes for Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Cheryl Cole and a host of other artists.

She's also the one that sings the backing on the acoustic version of Love Spent.

Guest Rachelle of London

Cool, thanks! I should spend more time paying attention to these details :)

Hahah I met her when she came over with Rihanna. We were fangirling over Madonna. She's so lovely. M could do just one song with her and I'd be happy.

Guest Rachelle of London

Did she happen to comment on M's input into those songs?....dare I ask :lol:

Yeah she did. She was amazed at how quickly M writes. She said after they thought love spent was finished M emailed them in the middle of the night saying she wants to change the song. And then the 3rd verse was changed the next morning.

San last time I dared to state this in a thread it was implied that I was lying. :chuckle:

But Priscilla was totally amazed at how professional Madonna was. We literally talked about her throughout the whole dinner. They're still in touch so who knows. It's nice to know that Everyone who works with M always has nice things to say about her

Why is that offensive to you when it has nothing to do with you?

If it makes you feel better, I don't talk about Lady Gaga because I'm not even remotely interested in her. It's hard to criticize someone when you don't know a damn thing about her anymore. I talk about Madonna because I'm interested in her and I care about her. And when I discuss about her with other fans on different Madonna forums, I feel like I can say whatever I feel. It's sort of within family. It's like with my favorite sports teams. I can tell them that they suck but a non-fan better not say they stink or I let them have it. Same with Madonna.

But in general, what I say about Madonna applies to everyone whether I know them or not. It's a well-known fact that Beyonce bulldozes her name into songwriting credits even though she doesn't write even one word. You can be sure that I don't respect her for that either. But again, why would I talk about Beyonce when I don't listen to her and I'm not interested in her? As for people who don't write their own material, it's fine. At least they are honest about it. They don't claim to have written those songs that they record. But usually their talent is in singing. For example, Barbra Streisand whom I love. She never claims to have written the songs and always praises the people who write their songs. But her talent is in singing (and in acting, directing etc. which makes her an artist).

Madonna's gift isn't in singing although she is very much underrated as one (which is why I wish she'd stopped computerizing her vocals... there's nothing I'd rather listen to than her natural singing voice). Madonna has proven that she can a very good at songwriting if she puts her mind into it. When she accepts and rejects songs that were rejected by singers like Britney and Rihanna (notice that I don't call them artists!), I don't know why I should think that is something a real artist would do. It simply isn't what artists do. I mean, what is the artistry in that? I think it shows that she isn't really into making an album or music anymore and is doing it only because she is contractually obliged to do so. It's a shame. She can do so much better and she would get so much more respect from everyone if she committed herself into writing and creating an album. Or do you disagree? Do you honestly think she does better when she takes those rejected songs from other much lesser pop stars?

All in all, I appreciate truth and transparency. It's a major turn-off for me when people take credit for something they haven't done.

When has madonna claimed she has written these songs? This is what you're not understanding! Madonna has nothing to prove anymore! If she wants to record a song that's been rejected, she can do so! That does not make her any less of an artist. Why does it matter to me? Because I've been a fan of madonna for years and I hate it when people claim she is something she is not. Chelle just noted that she changed love spent. If she changed it she deserves a writing credit! Heartbeat she changed BOTH verses! Say what you want about her getting rejected songs, but you know what makes her an artist? Changing them to fit what she wants! Revolver is really the only song I've heard that madonna has literally changed nothing about it. When it comes to her albums madonna is not gonna sit back and let someone do everything for her! She never parades around and tells people she wrote something she did not! And thats something that makes her a fucking artist! Since when did writing credits mean she claims she wrote the song? You refuse to see past your stubborn views! Madonna isn't 30 anymore! She can't go by your standards! I don't understand how much I have to repeat myself, and I'm done trying to prove something to you.

I sure hope madonna goes the prince route and has solo writing credits on literally every song and produces it on her own so people can finally shut up! For god sake I'm tired of the complaining about her writing process! You know I wouldn't even mind if she stopped recording all together. Fans are so overbearing, with what THEYwant her to do! So done with it!