My dream producer for the next album is...

I don't really mind who the producer is. I tend to like all of her albums in different ways. I just want good material :) been listening to bedtime stories a lot recently, so I wouldn't mind more of an RnB feel to be honest, but that's just me in the winter

I don't really mind who the producer is. I tend to like all of her albums in different ways. I just want good material :) been listening to bedtime stories a lot recently, so I wouldn't mind more of an RnB feel to be honest, but that's just me in the winter

"Bedtime Stories" is one of the all-time best. Her voice is probably at its all-time sexiest.

I don't think I was the one who brought drama into this thread. I simply voiced my opinion and some fans didn't like it and instead of attempting to discuss with me and challenge my views they resorted to what I think you mean when you say "drama".

So who would your dream producer for M's next album be? I'd be curious to hear more about that.

No, with 30 something posts all "objectively critiquing" Madonnas recent output and suggesting her fans that "accept" this work from her as being "brainwashed" isn't the best first impression to make. Point blank, you come across as a shit stirrer.......not because of WHAT you think, many people here share the gist of your opinion, but the way you present it.

I'm not interested in challenging your views, you shouldn't be forced to like something or insulted for not liking it. On the other side of the same coin, I find fans who create fantasies in their head of Madonna sitting around somewhere with young cock up her ass all day while some writer/producer is creating her album seems a bit assumptive to me. It's completely baseless and it all stems from the fact you don't care for it (as much) as other works. Let's not be hypocritical though, if that's the way Madonna works on the stuff you don't like then that's the way she works on stuff you do like as well.

I'm completely open to Madonna working with whoever she wants to work with. I'm a fan of not only her music but Madonna herself so naturally I'm more open to giving a fair shot to whatever she comes out with as is the case when you are a fan of the person as well as the work. Does that make me a brainwashed sycophant?? If you think so that's fine, I'll own it.

I don't really mind who the producer is. I tend to like all of her albums in different ways. I just want good material :)

That's basically the essence of what I said in my original post in this thread. I don't care about who produces but I do care about who she writes with. The material needs be up to her usual standards.

While Ray of Light is my all-time favorite album by any artist, BS might be my favorite album right now. I wish she'd perform Love Tried To Welcome Me one day. I'm not holding my breath, though (no matter how much you guys wish I did :p ). But that's the level of songwriting I expect from her.

Edited by TheUnseenHand

That's basically the essence of what I said in my original post in this thread. I don't care about who produces but I do care about who she writes with. The material needs be up to her usual standards.

While Ray of Light is my all-time favorite album by any artists, BS might be my favorite album right now. I wish she'd perform Love Tried To Welcome Me one day. I'm not holding my breath, though (no matter how much you guys wish I did :p ). But that's the level of songwriting I expect from her.

Up to HER usual standards or YOUR usual standards? Madonnas songwriting has always ebbed and flowed in my opinion.

No, with 30 something posts all "objectively critiquing" Madonnas recent output and suggesting her fans that "accept" this work from her as being "brainwashed" isn't the best first impression to make. Point blank, you come across as a shit stirrer.......not because of WHAT you think, many people here share the gist of your opinion, but the way you present it.

For the record: I never said that fans who like HC and MDNA are "brainwashed".

Up to HER usual standards or YOUR usual standards? Madonnas songwriting has always ebbed and flowed in my opinion.

Both. Her and mine. I do think the period from LAP to ROL represents her usual standards. Yes, even then there were lyrical duds but not nearly as often as post-ROL. There wasn't as much recycled lyrics, nursery rhyming and half-assed lyrics in her work until this millenium.

Both. Her and mine. I do think the period from LAP to ROL represents her usual standards. Yes, even then there were lyrical duds but not nearly as often as post-ROL. There wasn't as much recycled lyrics, nursery rhyming and half-assed lyrics in her work until this millenium.

So.....for the first 6 years of her career and now the past 16 years of her career she's produced "beneath her (your) standards". That's 22 out of the 30-31 years of her entire career. Perhaps that 9 year stretch was her zenith in your eyes. What artist is at their zenith their entire careers?

I love young cock.

Her art is suffering because of young cock. I for one miss the days when she would cruise through NYC all night fucking random, young Boricuas in her limo AND still had the capability to go home and write Into The Groove. Oh well, sucks getting old and slow. :-( Ol Madge needs to focus on just the cock or just the music. No multitasking!!!

So.....for the first 6 years of her career and now the past 16 years of her career she's produced "beneath her (your) standards". That's 22 out of the 30-31 years of her entire career. Perhaps that 9 year stretch was her zenith in your eyes. What artist is at their zenith their entire careers?

Remember that we are simply talking about lyrics here. Therefore, the first six years are out of the question for me even though she did write some great songs during those years. She was a whole another artist during the first six years. She was a singles artist in those years and didn't become "an album artist" until LAP. That was really the album with which she showed her potential as a serious artist.

Then after ROL when she started to work with mainly DJs and ignored real songwriters like Pat Leonard and Joe Henry, the overall quality of her lyrics started to go down again. I think AL is the biggest victim of that. However, while she should've spend more time on writing the lyrics for it and preferebly call Pat or Joe to help her out with them, I do love that album. You can feel her passion in it. You can hear that it was an album she cared a lot about.

So yes, lyrics-wise I do think her peak was that period of nine years from 1989 to 1998. But overall, I think she was untouchable from the beginning of her career up until AL. That's about 20 years. And no other artist has done that. No other artist has been as consistently great for as long as Madonna was during that period. And she doesn't get enough credit for it.

Um, but what was your question again? Oh, yes... What artists are at their zenith their entire careers? No one but I don't think that means we should expect or accept less from them. David Bowie is a great example. He released a great album last year after about 20 years of releasing more or less disappointing albums. He showed that he's still got it. And I believe Madonna's still got it. That's why I'm hard on her. I know she can do better and I want her to do better.

Edited by TheUnseenHand

But I wasn't banned by Tribe for expressing my dissenting opinions.

I was banned by Tribe when one of the moderators mocked and ridiculed another person for how she looks and I called him out on it. I don't regret one bit defending another person from such a vile and disgusting personal attack.

You were banned for stirring things up on a regular basis, you received a number of warnings too, nobody gets banned for 1 thing alone

The bottom line is that the quality of Madonna's songwriting has varied wildly over the years. She had a long stretch of high quality lyrics, and they started to get a little embarrassing after she had Lourdes. ROL gets a pass because of the music and production and perceived "introspection," but "Little Star," "Swim," etc. are pretty lame lyrically. Obviously people will disagree, but those two have always stuck out to me. Even "Nothing Really Matters" is weak lyrically. It's made up for by Pat's incredible melody and WO's fantastic production. Unfortunately, I think it's a natural progression. In the '90s she was surrounded by cutting edge young people, the club scene, reading Walt Whitman and watching obscure indie films. As she's gotten older, she's been surrounded by Kaballah, little kids, etc. That's GOT to affect your writing. People evolve and change, and sometimes get less sophisticated in many respects.

Another example: Imagine the movies Madonna would have made in the 90s. They're probably be really subversive, button-pushing, and provocative. Now what kind of movie does she make? W.E. Pretty conservative and reflective of her worldview of privilege and celebrity.

I won't mention secretprojectrevolution, which was discussed at length when we all saw it, but there are examples in that too. Who was it who said it's like she's talking to children now and not her equals? That's a great example.

You were banned for stirring things up on a regular basis, you received a number of warnings too, nobody gets banned for 1 thing alone

I never received any warnings from admins or moderators because I never broke any forum rules at Tribe. That's an undeniable fact. Yes, my opinions were mighty unpopular but that isn't a crime or a violation of any rules, now is it, my dear?

But when I in a very civil manner called that one moderator out for mocking other person's appearance and ridiculing her and defended that person from disgusting attacks, things started to happen. Suddenly right at that very moment someone started to delete those posts of mine in which I criticized that moderator's attitude and behaviour. Coincidence? I think not. Short after that I couldn't log in anymore. Coincidence? I think not.

But I don't need to convince anyone of this. I don't care. I find it rather funny. It says more about that one moderator (or actually, two of them) than it says about me.

Anyway, isn't this rather boring topic for conversation? Shouldn't we concentrate on Madonna instead?

Edited by TheUnseenHand

I haven't seen anything about UnseenHand's posts that are offensive. Madonna fans are passionate and have strong opinions. People need to let it go. If you don't like someone, ignore their posts and don't reply. Why do we all have to pick on each other personally? Just agree to disagree already.

Demonna. Imagine a pure Demonna record with no external help. :wow:

Yes! She's such a great songwriter/producer.

But really I don't care who she works with and I'm expecting the new album to be totally different from MDNA, she always changes genres between albums.

Lately I'm listening to Erotica/Bedtime Stories a lot, so I would welcome a record that takes elements from those two :)

The bottom line is that the quality of Madonna's songwriting has varied wildly over the years. She had a long stretch of high quality lyrics, and they started to get a little embarrassing after she had Lourdes. ROL gets a pass because of the music and production and perceived "introspection," but "Little Star," "Swim," etc. are pretty lame lyrically. Obviously people will disagree, but those two have always stuck out to me. Even "Nothing Really Matters" is weak lyrically. It's made up for by Pat's incredible melody and WO's fantastic production. Unfortunately, I think it's a natural progression. In the '90s she was surrounded by cutting edge young people, the club scene, reading Walt Whitman and watching obscure indie films. As she's gotten older, she's been surrounded by Kaballah, little kids, etc. That's GOT to affect your writing. People evolve and change, and sometimes get less sophisticated in many respects.

Another example: Imagine the movies Madonna would have made in the 90s. They're probably be really subversive, button-pushing, and provocative. Now what kind of movie does she make? W.E. Pretty conservative and reflective of her worldview of privilege and celebrity.

I won't mention secretprojectrevolution, which was discussed at length when we all saw it, but there are examples in that too. Who was it who said it's like she's talking to children now and not her equals? That's a great example.

Yeah, agreed on all counts. Although overall I think ROL is lyrically still head and shoulders above anything she's done since. While it was got some weak lyrics, it's still at worst a good album lyrics-wise. Also, I think ROL is a great proof of the creative simplicity of M&PL. It's always been their trademark style, imo.

I didn't want to bring it up before but I do think Kabbalah is a huge part of the problem. It's like she found the answers and stopped asking questions. In a way she stopped thinking on her own. Her interviews are another example of how she's changed. She was still extremely fascinating, reflective and even thought-provoking and all that in a mature and intelligent way. Compare the 1996 interview in Spin Magazine to any interview she's done since becoming a Kabbalah devotee.

I haven't seen anything about UnseenHand's posts that are offensive. Madonna fans are passionate and have strong opinions. People need to let it go. If you don't like someone, ignore their posts and don't reply. Why do we all have to pick on each other personally? Just agree to disagree already.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

It's sad Madonna's blind asslicker Nazi fans try to silence constructive criticism of her and ban the truthers. Ever heard of a song called Express Yourself? Madonna's artistry has taken a nosedive over the years. She will win her fans back and respect from critics when she fully and seriously devotes herself to music again.

I don't really mind who the producer is. I tend to like all of her albums in different ways. I just want good material :)

My sentiments exactly. Could care less who the producer is as long as the album is good and watch those single choices, which have only recently become important to me after MDNA. Singles are the ones that tend to get remixed. Not saying producers aren't important, but Madonna is the constant here.

edit: I care about "producers" after M has left the room, as in REMIXES. Who she picks there is where I notice sharp changes in quality, but that's just me and maybe a few others who care about the club reworks.

... I find fans who create fantasies in their head of Madonna sitting around somewhere with young cock up her ass all day while some writer/producer is creating her album...

:lmao: