My dream producer for the next album is...

No offense to anyone's ideas, but I never understand the desire to look back and use a past producer. Writers like Pat Leonard, ok, but producers? Sure, she has had good chemistry with lots of people, but I don't think William Orbit really brought anything new to the sonic table for MDNA, even though I love "Love Spent" to death. Nile's work on Daft Punk's last album was good, but nothing ground-breaking in my opinion.

I'd prefer Felix da Housecat, Gesaffelstein, or Will Gregory.

William Orbit helped creating the incredible Falling Free :wow:

I NEED more amazing tracks like that :wow:

Wow. A third? You say that like it's a good accomplishment and something to be proud of for someone who calls herself an artist.

Like I said... She put as little effort into making both HC and MDNA as she could get away with.

I'll give you this much... The best line on entire MDNA might from IA: "Saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout". I say "might" because I've forgotten a lot of that album. The last time I listened to it and most of its songs was at the end of March 2012.

Oh, and as for Masterpiece... Of course, the writers say she wrote it with them. But watch them being interviewed about it and how uncomfortable they are talking about working with Madonna. Read between the lines. Read their body language. Heck, read the lyrics. Madonna today hasn't got the facility with words or metaphors on her own to write that song.

So because she didn't write the whole album she's no longer an artist?

And she does not have the facility with words or metaphors on her own to write that song? Do you hear yourself?

I'm a big defender of MDNA, and I love "I'm Addicted," but y'all (or maybe just drunkbysix) need to stop using it as an example of her songwriting prowess. The best line from the song was lifted from a poem. Now, Madonna has done this throughout her career, and she does it well, but a new example would better serve your point.

I'm a big defender of MDNA, and I love "I'm Addicted," but y'all (or maybe just drunkbysix) need to stop using it as an example of her songwriting prowess. The best line from the song was lifted from a poem. Now, Madonna has done this throughout her career, and she does it well, but a new example would better serve your point.

I'm not saying that its brilliant songwriting but it's certainly above average, the rest of the song has good lyrics

Guest Not4Pussies

Wow. A third? You say that like it's a good accomplishment and something to be proud of for someone who calls herself an artist.

Like I said... She put as little effort into making both HC and MDNA as she could get away with.

I'll give you this much... The best line on entire MDNA might from IA: "Saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout". I say "might" because I've forgotten a lot of that album. The last time I listened to it and most of its songs was at the end of March 2012.

Oh, and as for Masterpiece... Of course, the writers say she wrote it with them. But watch them being interviewed about it and how uncomfortable they are talking about working with Madonna. Read between the lines. Read their body language. Heck, read the lyrics. Madonna today hasn't got the facility with words or metaphors on her own to write that song.

They're uncomfortable when they talk about working with Madonna? Really now. Prove it.

If you can be sure of one thing about me, you can be sure that I won't ever be into Madonna for the sake of being into her. I'm not a brainwashed idiot who loves everything she does. She isn't perfect and I don't need or want her to be. I'm not devoted to her the way a lot of her fans are. I'm not directing this at anyone particular.

I never said she didn't put any effort into her most recent albums. What I said was that she put as little effort into them as she could get away with. The evidence is there for everyone to find if they want to see it. Glinda said something about no producer being unknown anymore. That's true. A lot of them are on Twitter, for example. Go ask that guy who wrote Girl Gone Vile how much of that song is written by him and what did Madonna do. Same with Masterpiece. Madonna got songwriting credits but it was quite obvious it was mostly if not completely written by the people she shared her GG with. Yes, you can point to individual songs that M had more input in but even they aren't really anything to write home about. And btw, isn't quite sad that you compare these recent albums and their creative process to Like a Virgin (the album)? Shouldn't we expect more from her now than what she did in the beginning of her career? Especially when she became a completely different artist than what she was in 1984.

Yes, I do think Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Erotica are her best albums. You refer to that like it's something to be ashamed of. Anyway, I think it's quite clear that she put way more effort into those albums than she's put into her most recent works. She's got a family now. She's got kids. I respect she hasn't got as much time as she used to. But on the other hand, it's her job. If she does it badly or not as well as she can (and we all know she can do better than what she's done in recent years), I won't hesitate to say it.

And big yes to what vocalism and Nonoka have said.

Note BOLD, I stopped right there because I am not sure why that was even brought up. I never and I don't think anyone in this thread was talking about loving everything she did. In fact, I have said in this very thread how I am not a big fan of Erotica, but recognize her song writing talent on that album.

And I never said anyone should be ashamed for liking any album. Seems you're reading more into than what I said. But isn't that a bit hypocritical of you to even bring up since the part I bolded, you went on this rant about not loving everything she does and insinuating some of us are "brainwashed idiots" for being devoted fans?? Who is doing the "shaming" again??

The fact is you don't know anymore than the rest of us how much more effort and time she put into the last two albums compared to past albums. Just because you dislike an album of hers, doesn't mean she spent less time and effort on it.

So because she didn't write the whole album she's no longer an artist?

And she does not have the facility with words or metaphors on her own to write that song? Do you hear yourself?

What's with repeating what I've written? Yes, I wrote it and meant it.

I don't know why anyone who calls herself an artist (and Madonna likes to do that a lot) should be proud of doing only a "third" (that's your estimation) of the work and then claim authorship for full 100%. I can't respect her for that or give her credit for that. Nor should anyone. Why should I? Seriously, why should I? Is that really a great achievement?

What's with repeating what I've written? Yes, I wrote it and meant it.

I don't know why anyone who calls herself an artist (and Madonna likes to do that a lot) should be proud of doing only a "third" (that's your estimation) of the work and then claim authorship for full 100%. I can't respect her for that or give her credit for that. Nor should anyone. Why should I? Seriously, why should I? Is that really a great achievement?

When did she claim she wrote the whole album on her own?

Go the fuck somewhere else and get off of madonna nation!

Note BOLD, I stopped right there because I am not sure why that was even brought up. I never and I don't think anyone in this thread was talking about loving everything she did. In fact, I have said in this very thread how I am not a big fan of Erotica, but recognize her song writing talent on that album.

And I never said anyone should be ashamed for liking any album. Seems you're reading more into than what I said. But isn't that a bit hypocritical of you to even bring up since the part I bolded, you went on this rant about not loving everything she does and insinuating some of us are "brainwashed idiots" for being devoted fans?? Who is doing the "shaming" again??

The fact is you don't know anymore than the rest of us how much more effort and time she put into the last two albums compared to past albums. Just because you dislike an album of hers, doesn't mean she spent less time and effort on it.

You implied something about people who question the amount of her effort not being "into Madonna anymore". So I understand that as if you dare to question her greatness, you're not a fan anymore. Therefore, the comment on not being a brainwashed idiot who loves everything she does. Again, I wasn't directing that at anyone.

I never said that you said one should be ashamed of loving ROL, Erotica or LAP. And no, I wasn't being hypocritical at all.

I know as much as anyone of you can know if you want to find the information, connect the dots and use common sense. It's all out there and you can find it if you want it. It's very clear that she didn't put as much creative effort into her most recent albums as she did to LAP, Erotica and ROL. I can't make you see it if you don't want to see it. But the truth is really out there. The same thing can be said of everything she's been doing in the last 10 years. Do you want to talk about her music videos? Do you think she puts as much effort into them as she did in the 90s, for example? Or are you going to give me excuses for her lack of effort?

I miswrote that. I meant she claims authorship on every song when the truth is very different.

Why should I go somewhere else?

The producers of the songs said she put in input so she gets writing credits. Bullshit

Because your sacastic condescending tone towards madonna and her recent work, saying "one who claims to be an artist" so because she's not doing what you want her to do in her creative process that's makes her not an artist and she should not be commended? Because she didnt write every song it's half assed?

Nobody here praises every single thing she does. You can be dissapointed with her recent efforts all you want. But you aren't gonna come here and criticize madonna and claim she's not an artist anymore based off of your standards. That's grade A bullshit.

The producers of the songs said she put in input so she gets writing credits. Bullshit

Because your sacastic condescending tone towards madonna and her recent work, saying "one who claims to be an artist" so because she's not doing what you want her to do in her creative process that's makes her not an artist and she should not be commended? Because she didnt write every song it's half assed?

Nobody here praises every single thing she does. You can be dissapointed with her recent efforts all you want. But you aren't gonna come here and criticize madonna and claim she's not an artist anymore based off of your standards. That's grade A bullshit.

She also got a writing credit for Don't Tell Me which was entirely written by Joe Henry. Enough said.

I don't know how my post have had a "sacastic" tone towards Madonna and her recent work. I don't see that. Neither should you. Unless you have a different definition for sarcasm (I think that's what you meant).

Why can't I come and critcize Madonna? And why is that criticism "grade A bullshit"?

Instead of being 3rd grader, argue against me. Show me what you've got. That's called discussion. Can you participate? Or just repeat what I've said and say "bullshit" in different ways? You're not putting much "effort" ( :p ) into bringing something worthwhile this discussion.

She also got a writing credit for Don't Tell Me which was entirely written by Joe Henry. Enough said.

I don't know how my post have had a "sacastic" tone towards Madonna and her recent work. I don't see that. Neither should you. Unless you have a different definition for sarcasm (I think that's what you meant).

Why can't I come and critcize Madonna? And why is that criticism "grade A bullshit"?

Instead of being 3rd grader, argue against me. Show me what you've got. That's called discussion. Can you participate? Or just repeat what I've said and say "bullshit" in different ways? You're not putting much "effort" ( :p ) into bringing something worthwhile this discussion.

She turned the whole song into something else, so that's why she got a writing credit. Everybody knows this.

ignore these uninformed "critics" (forum terrorists sent from gaga and lepen). this is not a forum to spout negativity and they know very well that their are plenty of other forums that welcome that bs.

Guest Not4Pussies

The way unseenhand posts, the way he uses certain words and belittles other people reminds me of someone who used to post here.

You know what? I'm all for one expressing their opinion on a public forum, but it's pretty safe to say when you enter a community called MADONNANATION, it's expected you're gonna get some opposition from fans who question your motives and why you come here (with very few posts, I might add) and seem to be pointing out the negatives about Madonna rather your appreciation. Of course, I don't expect any fan to love everything she does, but it's just a bit peculiar that someone with less than 30 post (at the time of the post I'm quoting), has done more criticizing Madonna's career.

And yes, you implied I was trying to shame you for enjoying ROL, LAP and EROTICA. Yet, you turn around and pretty much did the same by stating that you're not some "brainwashed idiot" fan. You can say it was a general response, but again, the purpose of saying that was for what? Also, all your posts seem to keep criticizing Madonna while subtly making digs at her fans. Hmmm?

You know what? I'm all for one expressing their opinion on a public forum, but it's pretty safe to say when you enter a community called MADONNANATION, it's expected you're gonna get some opposition from fans who question your motives and why you come here (with very few posts, I might add) and seem to be pointing out the negatives about Madonna rather your appreciation. Of course, I don't expect any fan to love everything she does, but it's just a bit peculiar that someone with less than 30 post (at the time of the post I'm quoting), has done more criticizing Madonna's career.

And yes, you implied I was trying to shame you for enjoying ROL, LAP and EROTICA. Yet, you turn around and pretty much did the same by stating that you're not some "brainwashed idiot" fan. You can say it was a general response, but again, the purpose of saying that was for what? Also, all your posts seem to keep criticizing Madonna while subtly making digs at her fans. Hmmm?

What is the reason for most of my posts being critical of Madonna? Because I've been responding to other people who replied to that one post of mine. Please note that I've been criticizing Madonna for basically only one thing here. I've been talking about that same one issue here so it's pretty understandable that I haven't suddenly changed my mind about it. It's not like I've gone for full-blown attack here criticizing everything she does. I would have been perfectly fine at making only that one post in this thread.

I'm not surprised by the opposition. Don't assume that I am. Quite contrary, I've come to expect it. I've been posting on Madonna forums for well over a decade (yes, nabguy, under the same name). I know that my views are on several issues regarding Madonna aren't going to match the consensus and I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't see the point of taking part in discussion where I'd agree with everyone and everyone would agree with me. What's the point?

Oh, and have my digs at her fans been subtle? I thought "brainwashed idiots" was quite direct. And again, I emphasize that it wasn't directed at anyone special nor at every fan. But there is a culture (not just among Madonna fans, mind you) where some think it's treasonous to speak out against the person they idolize. It's very obvious in this thread as well. And don't ever think I'm complaining. It's just an observation.

Oh so it's the fucktards from Madonantribe spewing their madness here ? Can't they go back ? Neutrocks has been banned already.

the unseenhand was banned from Tribe ages ago, thank god LOL!

the unseenhand was banned from Tribe ages ago, thank god LOL!

But I wasn't banned by Tribe for expressing my dissenting opinions.

I was banned by Tribe when one of the moderators mocked and ridiculed another person for how she looks and I called him out on it. I don't regret one bit defending another person from such a vile and disgusting personal attack.

I don't think I was the one who brought drama into this thread. I simply voiced my opinion and some fans didn't like it and instead of attempting to discuss with me and challenge my views they resorted to what I think you mean when you say "drama".

So who would your dream producer for M's next album be? I'd be curious to hear more about that.