My dream producer for the next album is...

People have this idea that Madonna is trying to be young, when in reality she is just doing what she has always done. There always has been a dance element to her work. She has always had some lyrics that some people might see as silly and lighthearted along with the deeper stuff. It really annoys me that people want her to stop being herself because she's older and want her to do away with everything that makes her Madonna. She's always had a youthful spirit, but for some reason people want to beat that out of her and make her some super serious dull AC/MOR artist.

And there is no such thing as a producer who noone knows because as soon as she works with them, people will look them up on the Internet. Almost anyone working on music now will have a twitter account, a Facebook page or a soundcloud page with samples of their music.

Who wants Madonna to stop being herself?

I, for one, want her to start being herself again!

She is being herself. There's not one Madonna though. She has many sides to her. Some people just want her to be the person she was during Ray of Light. But she's not always going to be at that same place. But when I hear people go on about she shouldn't do dance music, she should do mature ballads etc., I really wonder if they're a fan of the same Madonna I love. There are many mature MOR artists that do ballads and slower songs, why do people want Madonna to be that?

^ I don't think I'm the one who overestimates her stamina or what she can physically do. I'd be happy with an album that was anything-but-dance, But I feel Madonna is the one who is fighting back against nature. I think she feels she needs to keep up and prove that she can still do it at her age. I think she feels she needs to be young in order to have respect in the world of pop music. I think that's partially the reason why we've been getting immature, ridiculous and downright stupid lyrics from her in her recent albums (although MDNA was lyrically a step in the right direction). And I think that is crap.

I wish she realized that a lof of her fans have actually grown up with her. Remember that lecture she gave in Olympia in Paris? It was like she was talking to teenagers. She needs to wake up. Most of her fans are 30 or older. I don't get how she fails to understand that she is actually liberated from the need to appeal to younger demographic. She could write smart and wise® lyrics with depth and most of us would welcome that with open arms. But no.

I completely agree on all of this. But I do think there was a balance on MDNA that suggests she will eventually slow down again. There were the songs with inane lyrics and sped-up vocals, but also some more mature songs that felt like a step in the right direction. Of course, I've always said that maturity and intelligence need not mean an album filled with "Live to Tell." "Ray of Light" and even "Get Together" are great examples of how she channel all of her strengths at the same time.

I completely agree on all of this. But I do think there was a balance on MDNA that suggests she will eventually slow down again. There were the songs with inane lyrics and sped-up vocals, but also some more mature songs that felt like a step in the right direction. Of course, I've always said that maturity and intelligence need not mean an album filled with "Live to Tell." "Ray of Light" and even "Get Together" are great examples of how she channel all of her strengths at the same time.

But hasn't Madonna's music always been about that mix of slower more mature songs and more fun uptempo even slightly silly songs? Even Hard Candy has songs like Devil and Voices. I enjoy both, depending on my mood at that time. I hope that she retains that balance. I like ballads but not a whole album of them. I hope she doesn't totally slow down and go back to the Something to Remember period.

Well, we can argue back and forth if she's "being herself" or not and she needs to do more songs like this and that, but I became a fan early on in her career. It was light and fun songs with not much profound lyrics that hooked me to Madonna... "Lucky Star", "Holiday", "Everybody", "Burning Up" and "Into The Groove" anyone. Most of her songs loved by the general public are those earlier songs. But of course, she has had many great songs enjoyed by the public that had much more to it than just fun frivolous lyrics such as "Live To Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", and "Like A Prayer". All in all, she's always given us a mix balance of that for each album. And I agree, Madonna has always been herself. Yes, she's matured a lot with her music, but she hasn't lost that fun side of her that I remember falling in love with in the 80's. Do I want her to repeat that? No. I want her to do what she wants to do whether it's fun or serious. The fact is, the general public has issue with 55 year old women still having fun like Madonna does. But to say she's not acting her age, is just ridiculous since her draw to social causes have been more and more prevalent. When she started out, it was usually all about her, but you can tell that she's matured and her kids and her causes are just as important to her, if not more.

It seems to me that Madonna isn't the problem here. It's societies views of how a 55 year old woman should be acting. Who makes these rules??

She is being herself. There's not one Madonna though. She has many sides to her. Some people just want her to be the person she was during Ray of Light. But she's not always going to be at that same place. But when I hear people go on about she shouldn't do dance music, she should do mature ballads etc., I really wonder if they're a fan of the same Madonna I love. There are many mature MOR artists that do ballads and slower songs, why do people want Madonna to be that?

I'm not sure if you're even trying to understand other people and other point-of-views or are you just twisting other people's words into something you can then oppose and reject.

No one is saying she needs to be all serious all the time. But you can be fun and silly in a way more clever, mature (yes, breaking news: even mature people can be fun, can you imagine?) and creative way than she has been.

Besides, I'm not sure how much she's been herself in HC and MDNA. She put as little effort into them as she could get away with. She accepted songs for them that were rejected by other pop stars (I don't even call them artists). That's what I mean. See, I haven't really been talking about music genre. I don't care if it's dance although unlike a lot of others I don't need her album to be danceable stuff. I'm fine with everything as long as it's clever, mature and creative. And, dare I even say it, preferably a little bit artistic. Or should I fear that word is going to get twisted into something bad and horrible?

Anyway, I don't care about anything else as long as she puts herself into it. That's not happened with her last two studio albums. They feel a lot different than COADF (which is an album I don't like either) that is clearly all hers. That's what I'm interested in. Either commit to creating an album or don't do it at all. I don't want other people to do and write what they think Madonna is/feels/thinks. That doesn't feel real nor authentic. And for the artist that Madonna claims to be... It shouldn't be acceptable.

Edited by TheUnseenHand

Of course, I've always said that maturity and intelligence need not mean an album filled with "Live to Tell." "Ray of Light" and even "Get Together" are great examples of how she channel all of her strengths at the same time.

Precisely. You get it. Fun and silly songs can be done in a mature and intelligent way. They can be as creative and clever as songs that are referred to as "serious" or "deep" here. You don't need to forget that you're an intelligent person when you write and create a song that is meant to be fun.

In fact, it's almost more important to remember you're intelligent when you create fun songs than it is when you write more serious songs. For example, just think about humour in general. It's tough. It's hard to be funny. Think about any truly great comedian. They are all really smart if not even intelligent. You can't be stupid and do well in comedy.

Edited by TheUnseenHand

^ "Superstar" isn't so bad. Throwaway, but she's done far worse.

Precisely. You get it. Fun and silly songs can be done in a mature and intelligent way. They can be as creative and clever as songs that are referred to as "serious" or "deep" here. You don't need to forget that you're an intelligent person when you write and create a song that is meant to be fun.

In fact, it's almost more important to remember you're intelligent when you create fun songs than it is when you write more serious songs. For example, just think about humour in general. It's tough. It's hard to be funny. Think about any truly great comedian. They are all really smart if not even intelligent. You can't be stupid and do well in comedy.

Also, I've said this like a thousand times on here, especially around the time of GMAYL when some people didn't understand what many of us disliked about the song: You can write a silly song and it can still be genius, like "Music" or "Impressive Instant." How much dumber can get than "I like to singy, singy, singy" or "I like to boogie woogie"? It's about the delivery, the intent, the vocals, the production. When M's being tongue in cheek or intentionally silly, it works.

I'm not sure if you're even trying to understand other people and other point-of-views or are you just twisting other people's words into something you can then oppose and reject.

No one is saying she needs to be all serious all the time. But you can be fun and silly in a way more clever, mature (yes, breaking news: even mature people can be fun, can you imagine?) and creative way than she has been.

Besides, I'm not sure how much she's been herself in HC and MDNA. She put as little effort into them as she could get away with. She accepted songs for them that were rejected by other pop stars (I don't even call them artists). That's what I mean. See, I haven't really been talking about music genre. I don't care if it's dance although unlike a lot of others I don't need her album to be danceable stuff. I'm fine with everything as long as it's clever, mature and creative. And, dare I even say it, preferably a little bit artistic. Or should I fear that word is going to get twisted into something bad and horrible?

Anyway, I don't care about anything else as long as she puts herself into it. That's not happened with her last two studio albums. They feel a lot different than COADF (which is an album I don't like either) that is clearly all hers. That's what I'm interested in. Either commit to creating an album or don't do it at all. I don't want other people to do and write what they think Madonna is/feels/thinks. That doesn't feel real nor authentic. And for the artist that Madonna claims to be... It shouldn't be acceptable.

See, I don't get when people say she hasn't put much effort in certain albums? I think that's just an absurd statement to make for those who aren't really into Madonna much anymore. It's like you seem to think you were there when she was making these albums and just laid around the studio letting people hand her songs, without any input. That's just bull! Just look at the song "Gang Bang". We all heard the earlier version. And then there's the album version.

Madonna's input on all her albums have pretty much been the same from the beginning of her career. She has someone who comes up with the music while she usually writes lyrics. From there she works with the writer and/or producer and refines the sound of the song until it works for her. Several of the songs from Like a Virgin were songs handed to her. For instance "Like A Virgin", the song that catapulted her to a phenomenon. She didn't write that or even come up with that song. But she embraced it and molded it to fit her. "Papa Don't Preach" was handed to her, but do you think she put no effort in that song either? What about "La Isla Bonita"? Oh wait, are you a "Ray of lighter"?? What about "Ray of Light"?

I just want to know how you seem to be so sure Madonna didn't put much effort in her last two albums simply based on the fact, you didn't like the direction of it personally? Because that's what I think it comes down to certain people who keep saying "Madonna put no effort in the album" or "she phoned it in". That's just ridiculous, and any fan from the early days will tell you, Madonna isn't the type of artist who lets her producers to take complete control. How do you not know Madonna didn't go into the studio with the mind set that she wanted Hard Candy to have the Timbaland/Timberlake style? I mean why else would she work with them? I will agree that she probably was two years too late to go that route, but obviously that was her choice. But then we have a song like "Beat Goes On" and again we all heard the demo of that, and then the album version There was a huge difference between the demo and final product. Yet, you still think she put LITTLE effort in it? C'mon please? Of course, she accepts songs from other artists/producers/writers, but that isn't anything new. She's been doing that all her career.

just dont let her write any lyrics..

Bday Song

Superstar

GMAYL

?

You're right.... she's just a horrible song writer....

Lucky Star

Holiday

Borderline

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Vogue

Like A Prayer (and most of the album of the same name)

Express Yourself

Music (and most of the album of the same name)

Take A Bow

Most of the Ray of Light Album

Wow, just a horrible song writer. How the hell did she even become the music icon she is?? :huh:

See, I don't get when people say she hasn't put much effort in certain albums? I think that's just an absurd statement to make for those who aren't really into Madonna much anymore. It's like you seem to think you were there when she was making these albums and just laid around the studio letting people hand her songs, without any input. That's just bull! Just look at the song "Gang Bang". We all heard the earlier version. And then there's the album version.

Madonna's input on all her albums have pretty much been the same from the beginning of her career. She has someone who comes up with the music while she usually writes lyrics. From there she works with the writer and/or producer and refines the sound of the song until it works for her. Several of the songs from Like a Virgin were songs handed to her. For instance "Like A Virgin", the song that catapulted her to a phenomenon. She didn't write that or even come up with that song. But she embraced it and molded it to fit her. "Papa Don't Preach" was handed to her, but do you think she put no effort in that song either? What about "La Isla Bonita"? Oh wait, are you a "Ray of lighter"?? What about "Ray of Light"?

I just want to know how you seem to be so sure Madonna didn't put much effort in her last two albums simply based on the fact, you didn't like the direction of it personally? Because that's what I think it comes down to certain people who keep saying "Madonna put no effort in the album" or "she phoned it in". That's just ridiculous, and any fan from the early days will tell you, Madonna isn't the type of artist who lets her producers to take complete control. How do you not know Madonna didn't go into the studio with the mind set that she wanted Hard Candy to have the Timbaland/Timberlake style? I mean why else would she work with them? I will agree that she probably was two years too late to go that route, but obviously that was her choice. But then we have a song like "Beat Goes On" and again we all heard the demo of that, and then the album version There was a huge difference between the demo and final product. Yet, you still think she put LITTLE effort in it? C'mon please? Of course, she accepts songs from other artists/producers/writers, but that isn't anything new. She's been doing that all her career.

And if YOU weren't there, then how do you know this? It's naive to think her process hasn't changed, what with four children and an entire empire to manage. Of course she's outsourcing more and more. We've seen the Erotica diaries. We know she wrote the vast majority, if not 100%, of those songs in the studio with Shep and Andre. Yes, "Ray Of Light" was largely taken from an existing song, but we've seen the footage from the ROL sessions. We know how much of herself she put into that album. We also know that she split her studio time up between doing plays and movies during AL. We know that she was busy editing her film for months during the recording of MDNA. We've heard the demos for GGW, etc. Yes, yes, some fans claims (with zero evidence) that those were made after she wrote/arranged them, but that honestly doesn't make sense to me. Madonna can throw down a scratch vocal in 10 minutes if the producer needed her to. I don't think anyone would be saying she shouldn't outsource if the stuff she was outsourcing was actually as good as the stuff we know she's written on her own.

And if YOU weren't there, then how do you know this? It's naive to think her process hasn't changed, what with four children and an entire empire to manage. Of course she's outsourcing more and more. We've seen the Erotica diaries. We know she wrote the vast majority, if not 100%, of those songs in the studio with Shep and Andre. Yes, "Ray Of Light" was largely taken from an existing song, but we've seen the footage from the ROL sessions. We know how much of herself she put into that album. We also know that she split her studio time up between doing plays and movies during AL. We know that she was busy editing her film for months during the recording of MDNA. We've heard the demos for GGW, etc. Yes, yes, some fans claims (with zero evidence) that those were made after she wrote/arranged them, but that honestly doesn't make sense to me. Madonna can throw down a scratch vocal in 10 minutes if the producer needed her to. I don't think anyone would be saying she shouldn't outsource if the stuff she was outsourcing was actually as good as the stuff we know she's written on her own.

Oh c'mon now? And you were there to know that she didn't? I am not the one who is claiming she doesn't put any effort in her albums. I'm also not claiming I was there to know how much effort she does put in her album. I just find it absurd for any Madonna fan to really think, knowing her 30 year history in conceiving albums, that she actually goes in to make an album with very little effort. Hard Candy is heavily criticized by some fans as an album she didn't put much effort in. Yet, Justin Timberlake vouched for what other producers have said of Madonna that she came in with journals of written stuff and had a lot of input in her songs.

And the fact she's splitting her time between recording an album and other things, do you really think that's new? In fact, if I recall correctly, Madonna had already started working on the LIKE A PRAYER album when she was on Broadway doing 'Speed The Plow'. What about when she filmed "Desperately Seeking Susan"? She was filming that movie while working on LIKE A VIRGIN. What about the EROTICA album? She put together a sex book and was filming "Body Of Evidence" all at the same time?

My point is, Madonna has always multi-tasked. She's never just locked her self in a studio to only concentrate on recording an album. She's always been doing other projects near and around making music during her whole career. She's always had songs just handed to her where very little lyrics changes were made. "Papa Don't Preach"??? But it doesn't change the fact that she has put a lot more input in other songs whether handed to her or not.

Guest Rachelle of London

some of madonnas most poppy songs have the most deepest lyrics. Look at the lyrics for songs like Cherish. She's one of few songwriters that can make a catchy tune and it make sense at the same point

Oh come on now. I'm addicted is evidence that madonna didn't just have shit handed too her. She at least had time to write the lyrics to more than a few songs on the album so I hardly would call that not being involved! She wrote:

I'm addicted

I fucked up

Give me all your luvin

I don't give a

I'm a sinner

Lets not forget she had a huge impact I'm changing the format of songs like

Some girls

Gang bang

???

Oh come on now. I'm addicted is evidence that madonna didn't just have shit handed too her. She at least had time to write the lyrics to more than a few songs on the album so I hardly would call that not being involved! She wrote:

I'm addicted

I fucked up

Give me all your luvin

I don't give a

I'm a sinner

Lets not forget she had a huge impact I'm changing the format of songs like

Some girls

Gang bang

???

That's what I'm saying. It astounds me that some people actually think she put little effort in MDNA and HARD CANDY when as you pointed out, she has a lot input in those songs you mentioned.

Madonna has never been an artist that just puts out one kinda sound. And just because she teams up with even a Sound of the moment, doesn't mean she's relinquished all her inputs to these people. Certainly, she's in control.

I'm not a huge fan of the Erotica album, but I also know she wrote a lot on that album. It's the sound that I am not fond of, but yet there are a number of songs I do love on that album, but. Just because it didn't become a huge record like her past albums, makes me think she didn't put much effort in it. For some reason, I'm getting the impression once some fans think the album didn't perform well, it must mean she quickly slapped the album together with no effort, when in truth, MDNA and HARD CANDY were created within the same time frame of a number of her most popular albums.

She just needs to stay away from easy rhyming couplets and cheesy metaphors.

"like a moth to flame I'm so tired of playing this game"

Yeah, we sure wouldn't want her to go back to rhyming her lyrics and metaphores like she did in

Lucky Star

Holiday

Live To Tell

Where's The Party

Vogue

Into the Groove

the whole Erotica album.

and the list goes on.... :electropop:

That's what I'm saying. It astounds me that some people actually think she put little effort in MDNA and HARD CANDY when as you pointed out, she has a lot input in those songs you mentioned.

Madonna has never been an artist that just puts out one kinda sound. And just because she teams up with even a Sound of the moment, doesn't mean she's relinquished all her inputs to these people. Certainly, she's in control.

I'm not a huge fan of the Erotica album, but I also know she wrote a lot on that album. It's the sound that I am not fond of, but yet there are a number of songs I do love on that album, but. Just because it didn't become a huge record like her past albums, makes me think she didn't put much effort in it. For some reason, I'm getting the impression once some fans think the album didn't perform well, it must mean she quickly slapped the album together with no effort, when in truth, MDNA and HARD CANDY were created within the same time frame of a number of her most popular albums.

I've never heard people saying this about Erotica or American Life, though.

And there's more to MDNA than Gang Bang. What about Superstar? Give Me All Your Luvin? Girl Gone Wild? Turn Up The Radio? The changes she made in the two latter songs are minor at best, GMAYL leaked almost 4 months prior to its planned release to a rather mixed reception, and yet she basically did not change anything since the leak. Do the lyrics in Superstar indicate she spent lots of time and effort on that song?

Yes, we don't have proof she spent less time and effort on MDNA than on her previous albums, but we can use common sense.

See, I don't get when people say she hasn't put much effort in certain albums? I think that's just an absurd statement to make for those who aren't really into Madonna much anymore.

If you can be sure of one thing about me, you can be sure that I won't ever be into Madonna for the sake of being into her. I'm not a brainwashed idiot who loves everything she does. She isn't perfect and I don't need or want her to be. I'm not devoted to her the way a lot of her fans are. I'm not directing this at anyone particular.

I never said she didn't put any effort into her most recent albums. What I said was that she put as little effort into them as she could get away with. The evidence is there for everyone to find if they want to see it. Glinda said something about no producer being unknown anymore. That's true. A lot of them are on Twitter, for example. Go ask that guy who wrote Girl Gone Vile how much of that song is written by him and what did Madonna do. Same with Masterpiece. Madonna got songwriting credits but it was quite obvious it was mostly if not completely written by the people she shared her GG with. Yes, you can point to individual songs that M had more input in but even they aren't really anything to write home about. And btw, isn't quite sad that you compare these recent albums and their creative process to Like a Virgin (the album)? Shouldn't we expect more from her now than what she did in the beginning of her career? Especially when she became a completely different artist than what she was in 1984.

Yes, I do think Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Erotica are her best albums. You refer to that like it's something to be ashamed of. Anyway, I think it's quite clear that she put way more effort into those albums than she's put into her most recent works. She's got a family now. She's got kids. I respect she hasn't got as much time as she used to. But on the other hand, it's her job. If she does it badly or not as well as she can (and we all know she can do better than what she's done in recent years), I won't hesitate to say it.

And big yes to what vocalism and Nonoka have said.

I've never heard people saying this about Erotica or American Life, though.

And there's more to MDNA than Gang Bang. What about Superstar? Give Me All Your Luvin? Girl Gone Wild? Turn Up The Radio? The changes she made in the two latter songs are minor at best, GMAYL leaked almost 4 months prior to its planned release to a rather mixed reception, and yet she basically did not change anything since the leak. Do the lyrics in Superstar indicate she spent lots of time and effort on that song?

Yes, we don't have proof she spent less time and effort on MDNA than on her previous albums, but we can use common sense.

That's what three songs on the album? Ummmm she wrote I'm addicted all on her own are people still missing the point?

ALL of her albums have had songs with fluff lyrics that we don't care for, does that mean she didn't have quality input in the album? (I'm so stupid says HELLO)

Idgi. That's like two songs on the whole album.

If you can be sure of one thing about me, you can be sure that I won't ever be into Madonna for the sake of being into her. I'm not a brainwashed idiot who loves everything she does. She isn't perfect and I don't need or want her to be. I'm not devoted to her the way a lot of her fans are. I'm not directing this at anyone particular.

I never said she didn't put any effort into her most recent albums. What I said was that she put as little effort into them as she could get away with. The evidence is there for everyone to find if they want to see it. Glinda said something about no producer being unknown anymore. That's true. A lot of them are on Twitter, for example. Go ask that guy who wrote Girl Gone Vile how much of that song is written by him and what did Madonna do. Same with Masterpiece. Madonna got songwriting credits but it was quite obvious it was mostly if not completely written by the people she shared her GG with. Yes, you can point to individual songs that M had more input in but even they aren't really anything to write home about. And btw, isn't quite sad that you compare these recent albums and their creative process to Like a Virgin (the album)? Shouldn't we expect more from her now than what she did in the beginning of her career? Especially when she became a completely different artist than what she was in 1984.

Yes, I do think Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Erotica are her best albums. You refer to that like it's something to be ashamed of. Anyway, I think it's quite clear that she put way more effort into those albums than she's put into her most recent works. She's got a family now. She's got kids. I respect she hasn't got as much time as she used to. But on the other hand, it's her job. If she does it badly or not as well as she can (and we all know she can do better than what she's done in recent years), I won't hesitate to say it.

And big yes to what vocalism and Nonoka have said.

So I'm addicted, which she wrote ALONE, isn't anything to write home about? Did you forget those producers aren't English?

Beautiful killer???????????

The co writer of Masterpiece SAID she wrote it WITH her, so...

However she DID write I m Addicted and it has great lyrics, great melody, beat and as a whole: its among her best. She said it was the hardest song to write. I suppose because she had a bigger involvement in its writing. Which gives me hope that whenever she is commited to the music (writing it together with someone, not just changing a lyric in a given song) she ll struck gold. Lets hope for the next album she is inspired and wants to get really involved in the writing... Though I loved Revolver :).

That's what three songs on the album? Ummmm she wrote I'm addicted all on her own are people still missing the point?

ALL of her albums have had songs with fluff lyrics that we don't care for, does that mean she didn't have quality input in the album? (I'm so stupid says HELLO)

Idgi. That's like two songs on the whole album.

So I'm addicted, which she wrote ALONE, isn't anything to write home about? Did you forget those producers aren't English?

Beautiful killer???????????

The co writer of Masterpiece SAID she wrote it WITH her, so...

And how many songs have you just named as counter-examples? I'm Addicted and Beautiful Killer. As opposed to GGW, GMAYL, TUTR, Superstar, B'Day Song...All songs which either went through no changes after they've got handed to M or contain horribly silly and dire lyrics that sound like she came up with them within 5 minutes. And it's not about how much she wrote on the album, you can still go "Whatever!" when it comes to the production of a song despite having written it. Case in point is GMAYL which, like I've already stated, did not undergo any changes in terms of production since its leak 3 months prior to the planned release, despite having received mixed critics.

And how many songs have you just named as counter-examples? I'm Addicted and Beautiful Killer. As opposed to GGW, GMAYL, TUTR, Superstar, B'Day Song...All songs which either went through no changes after they've got handed to M or contain horribly silly and dire lyrics that sound like she came up with them within 5 minutes. And it's not about how much she wrote on the album, you can still go "Whatever!" when it comes to the production of a song despite having written it. Case in point is GMAYL which, like I've already stated, did not undergo any changes in terms of production since its leak 3 months prior to the planned release, despite having received mixed critics.

I'm addicted

Beautiful killer

I'm a sinner

Gang bang

I fucked up

I don't give a

Best friend

K.

"She put as little Effort as she can get away with" huh?????????

I...........she wrote a third of the album.

Wow. A third? You say that like it's a good accomplishment and something to be proud of for someone who calls herself an artist.

Like I said... She put as little effort into making both HC and MDNA as she could get away with.

I'll give you this much... The best line on entire MDNA might from IA: "Saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout". I say "might" because I've forgotten a lot of that album. The last time I listened to it and most of its songs was at the end of March 2012.

Oh, and as for Masterpiece... Of course, the writers say she wrote it with them. But watch them being interviewed about it and how uncomfortable they are talking about working with Madonna. Read between the lines. Read their body language. Heck, read the lyrics. Madonna today hasn't got the facility with words or metaphors on her own to write that song.