Music DWT Appreciation

XXL

muse is right. We should all save up in order to buy Madonna a wheelchair because she is clearly physically not able anymore as evident during the MDNA tour. What would we do without the anxiety ridden foresight of muse about physically immaculate Demonna? Praise.

Where do you live? Alabama? :lol:

Anecdotally, I'm with Kurt on this one. I lived in Vermont at this time and I'm not sure I ever heard "Hung Up" on any of the American pop stations. I do recall hearing it -- and all the other "Confessions" era singles -- on Canadian stations that I could pick up from Montreal.

"Confessions" was big with my gay male and 20-something girl friends at the time, but I don't know anyone outside those circles of friends who are aware of Madonna releases after the "Music" era, with the sole exception of "4 Minutes."

This sounds silly, but being in the US, I felt like we were missing out on some of the universal love. Granted, word of mouth for COADF was really good but the songs weren't getting airplay (at least not like virtually EVERY other country in the world). Put it this way.....if I weren't a gay male, I don't think I'd have a clue just how massive HU was.....compare that to Music era, you couldn't escape that song if you listened to top 40 radio in 2000.

EVERYONE had a cowboy hat in 2000 & 2001.

Where do you live? Alabama? :lol:

Lol.....Virginia, slightly better than Alabama (we do have DC after all). Alabamans consider me to be a northerner but New Yorkers consider me a sweet southern bell. :-)

In Virginia, Norfolk specifically, my classmates saw Hung Up on MTV one morning & asked me about it. I kid you not, they thought it was an OLDIE, like she was ACTUALLY around in disco days :rotfl:

COADF was a big era in the US... If you were gay & had Internet access. The year 2000 was M's last nationwide conquering, and that's fine!

In Virginia, Norfolk specifically, my classmates saw Hung Up on MTV one morning & asked me about it. I kid you not, they thought it was an OLDIE, like she was ACTUALLY around in disco days :rotfl:

COADF was a big era in the US... If you were gay & had Internet access. The year 2000 was M's last nationwide conquering, and that's fine!

I am dead....

Such an exciting performance!! Definitely one of my favorite tour performances, and definitely the best version of Music live. Yes, like everyone already mentioned, the knee bends were just kick ass. And the turntable :dramatic: LOVE LOVE LOVE

So this performance is also the finale of her heydays in the US :lmao:

In a sense yeah.....lol.

4M opened some young eyes (kids of a friend of mine were 10 at the time and they thought Madonna was dead until 4M...lol). It was short lived though. Super Bowl seemed to remind her older, casual fans about her.....but neither one of those equaled her Music/DWT domination. As Isaac said, that's fine though......how many teens/young twenty something's were dressing like a 42-43 year old celeb before or since?? Furthermore, how many 40 something pop sluts had Music sized hits since?? Yeah that's what I thought....JLo had her lil fluke a couple years back. Other than that??

So this performance is also the finale of her heydays in the US :lmao:

Pretty much, yeah. I'll say again that "4 Minutes" was gigantic -- all over radio and sold more copies than "Vogue" -- but that's it: one mega-hit in the past decade. (Did "Hung Up" even go top 40 on radio play? I think it peaked top 10 on the Hot 100 due to sales alone.)

Where are you from, CC? Obviously not the States ;-)

Yes

Not really

Her concert demographics indicate otherwise (particularly for the 15 to 25 bracket)

As much in the US as in Europe

And ironically she has more casual mainstream attendance than people who are younger

It should be the contrary, whereas younger stars are attracting their core fan base audiences

People tend to forget how manipulated the music/radio market is in the US and that Madonna is 55

Such an exciting performance!! Definitely one of my favorite tour performances, and definitely the best version of Music live. Yes, like everyone already mentioned, the knee bends were just kick ass. And the turntable :dramatic: LOVE LOVE LOVE

I know :inlove:

Well, I liked it, but I have to say I can't really enjoy listening to Music as a tour performance anymore, I get it it's one of her biggest recent hits, but she has overplayed it IMO.

It's good she gave it a rest with MDNA, but I still wouldn't fancy that song on next tour's setlist either. Only if she re-invents it with a new composition, but I doubt it since she never did that in the course of 4 tours either.

This performance captures the madness of the album version at its best. Perfect closer and the best live performance of Music. Great energy from start to end.

Ew. It returns. Wonder how many others will now that Gaga's career has melted.