We need to discuss those 5 minutes in Germany...

Mattress

is this one of the very few times when she performed a single from a former album while promoting a new one?????

She perfomed Don't Tell Me numerous times during that promo tour...

is this one of the very few times when she performed a single from a former album while promoting a new one?????

Not at all. Within this specific era, she did far more promotional performances on TV world-wide than she's probably ever done. She usually would end her set by saying she was told to perform an oldie, so she switched it up at each appearance and performed songs like "Like A Prayer" at the Mtv: On The Record. "Like A Virgin" while promoting in the Virgin Record store. She also performed "Music" and "Don't Tell Me" on various shows.

She pretty much started doing this when she started doing promotional tours again with her records, starting with MUSIC album. "Holiday" was performed at promotional club shows.

Fast Forward, and while doing promotional performances for Confessions... album, she performed "Everybody". And on her Hard Candy promo tour, she performed "Hung Up" and "Music".

What was that perf where she danced liked Suedey's mom at a Christmas party? It was American Life era too.

That would be "Hollywood" from Top of the Pops babe! Can't embed DailyMotion but here's the link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x134xu

2:05-2:23 is basically my mother after two glasses of red wine -

2:50-3:00 is three glasses

And I must admit that when I am perfing "Music" myself, I generally tend to tap into the frequency of this performance and use those moves. I also lip-synch to the "Do you like to / Boogie Woogie" like she does here for a split second and then doesn't bother anymore.

However, I do not make the mistake of lip-synching too early.

The Johnathon Ross perf of Hollywood is pretty legendary, with her resting her chin on the mic stand. :wow:

Definitely one of the all time best! :wow: And who can forget those beautiful embryonic crow vox? Here, the crow is trying to echo the sparrow effect used in the song and it comes across as an injured sparrow / mutant robin / crow in sparrow's clothing. :(

And she fucks up the lyrics in 1:13 :wow: