So when do you think M will enter the studio?

Guest Xanthium

Guest Not4Pussies

She started recording mdna July 2011 with a march 2012 release. It took a bit longer because she had the film and other side projects to focus on.

Wouldn't 3 years be too long though? Isn't she under contract to deliver sooner than that? Love your mention of LCD Soundsystem. His This Is Happening album was kinda my theme over the summer. He's great at beats, melodies, is known and respected but not overexposed.

Currently listening to his "This Is Happening" album. So far, I like it :) Thanks for mentioning it.

I would love new Madonna music in 2014, but if I had to place my bets; noting contractual obligations, and she will want sufficient distance from MDNA for all sorts of reasons, but also so her return is an event etc, I can see something like this:

2014 [Autumn] - one off single [cause or soundtrack]

2015 [spring] Album [part 1 of 2]

2015 [Autumn] Album [part 2 of 2]

2017 [spring] Album

2018/2019 Deluxe Reissues

2020 Greatest Hits

You forgot to schedule in toilet breaks.

It's not gonna take her one full year to record an album, especially if she has no other outside projects going on.

If she enters the studio in March, prepared with a lot of lyrics already written, she could definitely have the album out by November 2014.

She started recording Bedtime Stories in NYC in March '94 and that album was out by October

Also she didn't enter the recording studio for Confessions until early 2005 and that album was out by November of that year

I agree.She can easily finish a new album in 6 months or so,if she's *inspired* and enters the studio with alot of ideas and lyrics already written.

I remember reading that it took her around 4 months to record Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light.

If that's true, it just proves she doesn't need forever to come up with a masterpiece.

Based on the fact that M has to release 2 more studio albums and do 2 more tours within the next 4 years, I'd say that she'll most likely hit the studio in early 2014 - if she hasn't already started recording, that is!

Based on the fact that M has to release 2 more studio albums and do 2 more tours within the next 4 years, I'd say that she'll most likely hit the studio in early 2014 - if she hasn't already started recording, that is!

Yes, this about her contract gives me hope there will be a new album next year :D

Yes, this is what I keep going by.

I remember reading that it took her around 4 months to record Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light.

If that's true, it just proves she doesn't need forever to come up with a masterpiece.

Classic material is often composed in short bursts of creativity. Madonna should be recording shorter albums with age. She certainly doesn't need an abundance of mediocre to cover up for she may only have 9 to 10 songs of good material.

Yeah Madonna doesn't spend that long making the actual record does she.

Her actual time in the studio recording is generally shorter than a year. However, she does a lot of preparation and writing before the studio part even happens and the entire process (for most of her albums anyway) is about 1 year if you include the starting point to the actual release date.

Guy Oseary tweeted in March 2011 that Madonna was already listening to new tracks and that they were from "unknown producers". And of course, we got MDNA in March of 2012, even though she didn't actually start recording properly until July 2011. Of course, she was in the studio with Timbaland and Timberlake in April 2007, and we got Hard Candy in April 2008.

Guest Not4Pussies

Unless she's doing Homogenic, what's so bloody wrong or incorrect for that matter with 11-tracks instead of 10?

And whats so wrong with 10 like Music?

It just crossed my mind that technically, Madonna's deal with Live Nation doesn't require her to release any new music at all.

Basically, the Live Nation deal only requires Madonna to do 4 concert tours over a 10-year period, starting with the Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008). However, the deal gives Madonna a signing bonus of about $18 million and an advance of about $17 million for each of up to 3 studio albums (source: The Associated Press via Today.com).

This means that Madonna isn't required to release new music, but she only gets the money if she does.

That said, Madonna signed a 3-album distribution deal with Interscope in 2011, so we should expect 2 more albums within the next 4 years in case.

Guest bluejean

I can't see her releasing 2 albums in 4 years. Not when you look at her past patterns.

And definitely not if she does a movie in there. I think an album and tour in 2015 is most likely and probably nothing for quite afew years after that.