Madonna should probably avoid touring in 2014

Apples388

More arenas, less stadiums unless she creates a huge stage and big catwalk/ 2nd stage so people at the back of the venue feel like they are part of the show. If Coldplay, Take That and Michael Buble can have a 2nd stage near the back of venue to interact with the crowd then there is no reason why Madonna can't.

Invest in a better sound system if she is going to play large venues. The sound system in her stadium shows is average to say the least.

Why is it so difficult for her to get this right? Again other acts seem to invest time and money creating a good sound system for outdoor venues. There is no reason why her team shouldn't able to get the best sound system possible. She's Madonna, she should be literally blowing people away with the sound quality like she did for Reinvention and Confessions.

Setlist - less guitar. Reinventing Open You Heart was fine. Hung Up on the last two tours dreadful, unrecognisable and left a lot of people bored.

Get on stage at a reasonable hour. Yes we know she is a perfectionist but some people have jobs, kids, commitments etc.

If she takes on board all the issues of the last 2 tours the reviews will be great and she'll have no problem selling tickets.

I have no doubt that the MDNA tour routinely went on late because there were so many hydraulics, equipment, etc. that needed to be tested for safety, that there was no way for her to go on earlier. Instead of calling out that fact, I think Madonna chose to bear the brunt of it by saying she was somehow holding it up with things she had to do.

I have no doubt that the MDNA tour routinely went on late because there were so many hydraulics, equipment, etc. that needed to be tested for safety, that there was no way for her to go on earlier. Instead of calling out that fact, I think Madonna chose to bear the brunt of it by saying she was somehow holding it up with things she had to do.

She was perfectly on time in the cities where she could face a fine ex london

She needs to hire the guy who is responsible for the sound mixing on Depeche Mode's Delta Machine Tour. I have never heard a better sound at a show...ever! It was clear, loud and simply amazing.

Oh yes the sound on the Delta Machinr tour is simply perfection. Best sound I have heard at a concert ever.

Tour will start at April 2015! Get ready!

This time, i think that maybe i will go to NYC or LA to see her, here in México it's only two stadium dates and it can get very difficult to have a ticket, in LA or NYC maybe it will be more easy.

I'm in touch with many Aussie fans and it's kind of at the point where she may need to do a "hits" tour here in Australia - we have missed out on so many tours that it may have been a blessing in disguise the MDNA tour was cancelled as much as her fans would have loved it, the general public and media would have savaged it for the lack of known songs - Aussie audiences would only know Papa Don't Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Human Nature, Like A Virgin and Like A Prayer and that's it and after a 20 year absence, they would have expected the Ray Of Light, Music, Don't Tell Me etc along with stuff never seen here like Into The Groove - basically we've missed her whole career with the exception of one era - if she tours Australia I'm hoping she throws in a couple of hits as a thank you for waiting so long and forgiving her. We will see. I'm not confident she will ever tour Australia so I'm saving for London :)

She was ripped apart for the setlist 20 years ago, since the only Australian hits that weren't from "Erotica", were Holiday, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Express Yourself, Vogue and Justify My Love. So, in 2013, we would have had eight past hits, whereas in 1993, we got six past hits and three modern-era ones. Not much of a difference, really. I do suspect, though, that she would have added Holiday and Music in Australia in 2013 (before OYH), since she had performed both at different points in the tour, and we were supposed to be the last leg (i.e. she'd already rehearsed them anyway).

Having said all of that, the S&S setlist would have been a much bigger Australian crowd-pleaser (even though theatrically, MDNA was far superior).

I'd be very surprised if Madonna trots out "Vogue" "Like a Prayer" etc yet again on the next tour and even more surprised if she changes her setlist to suit the tastes of one country. If anything she might stick in one extra song...but then before MDNA whoever would have imagined Madonna cutting out entire sections of her show etc...so who knows.

I'd be very surprised if Madonna trots out "Vogue" "Like a Prayer" etc yet again on the next tour and even more surprised if she changes her setlist to suit the tastes of one country. If anything she might stick in one extra song...but then before MDNA whoever would have imagined Madonna cutting out entire sections of her show etc...so who knows.

I think that (Santiago) was a one-off to be honest; and I hope she has learnt her lesson - that being, of course, that if she's going to go out on a massive tour with no proper break between the legs, then she will simply not be able to 'honour' her commitments properly. If you want to aim at getting the big $$$, M-DO$$A, then you will have to repeat the Sticky routine or you'll have to tone the physicality aspect way down (which of course she will never do.)

I know it's something that she's historically been against, my hope remains that Sticky was not a one-off. I truly enjoyed going to both legs and seeing the subtle differences between the shows and set lists etc.

Guest SecretGarden

I actually wouldn't mind if she avoids touring for 2014 and 2015, as much as I adore it; the MDNA tour did leave a bad taste in casual fans mouths - mainly due to her insistence on playing stadiums (which had many technical faults) instead of arenas. I definitely feel that next time, hype needs to surround the tour, and the best way to create the hype is to focus on releasing the album, proper singles and music videos, and doing extensive promotion throughout 2015.

A Grammy performance would be the perfect way to kick start the next world tour in 2016, and it'll allow her to travel to places she hasn't played at in a while (e.g. Japan).

• 4 weeks later...