Birmingham

Berlin

London

Paris

Nice

Stockholm

Amsterdam

Barcelona

That's 10 cities in total. I'd say she should play one night in each city, up to a maximum of two nights in 2-3 cities if demand dictates (and if she's doing arenas and not stadiums). That is half the number of Euro shows she did for MDNA. Seems fair and doable to me!

I know she made lots of $$$ playing Russia but I doubt they'll let her in again (and I doubt she'd want to go there anyway). I suppose she could always do a show in Ukraine for the fans in that region, and maybe one in Poland - but that's it for Europe!

I think she should only play the following cities on her next European tour:

Dublin

Glasgow

Birmingham

Berlin

London

Paris

Nice

Stockholm

Amsterdam

Barcelona

That's 10 cities in total. I'd say she should play one night in each city, up to a maximum of two nights in 2-3 cities if demand dictates (and if she's doing arenas and not stadiums). That is half the number of Euro shows she did for MDNA. Seems fair and doable to me!

I know she made lots of $$$ playing Russia but I doubt they'll let her in again (and I doubt she'd want to go there anyway). I suppose she could always do a show in Ukraine for the fans in that region, and maybe one in Poland - but that's it for Europe!

She definitely needs to stick to arenas in the UK for the next tour. Her popularity is on the wane here and she got bad reviews about the sound quality and set list for her Hyde Park show. Playing arenas would mean no sound quality issues and she could sell them out a lot easier and probably do 3-4 shows in London. She doesn't need any more negative press about her shows from the UK press.

She definitely needs to stick to arenas in the UK for the next tour. Her popularity is on the wane here and she got bad reviews about the sound quality and set list for her Hyde Park show. Playing arenas would mean no sound quality issues and she could sell them out a lot easier and probably do 3-4 shows in London. She doesn't need any more negative press about her shows from the UK press.

Exactly. As you said, she could just do 2-3 shows at the O2 in London really. Let's face it, the Hyde Park tickets were very slow to move and she 'only' sold 65,000 tickets. Throw in 2 more shows at the NIA in Birmingham and maybe another stadium gig in Edinburgh or 2 arena shows in Glasgow or Manchester and that's the UK done. She'd still make roughly the same as she made from MDNA Tour but with a few more shows I suppose. :bad:

Exactly. As you said, she could just do 2-3 shows at the O2 in London really. Let's face it, the Hyde Park tickets were very slow to move and she 'only' sold 65,000 tickets. Throw in 2 more shows at the NIA in Birmingham and maybe another stadium gig in Edinburgh or 2 arena shows in Glasgow or Manchester and that's the UK done. She'd still make roughly the same as she made from MDNA Tour but with a few more shows I suppose. :bad:

I think they pencilled in 2 shows for Hyde Park but when they realised ticket sales were slow and then GMAYL flopping they scrapped it.

How times changed, I remember for CT she kept adding shows at Wembley Arena because of the demand and she ended up doing 8 shows and they were the highest grossing of the tour.

It could all change in the UK with her next release. She could have a huge hit and the general public could warm to her again.

Dublin

Glasgow

Birmingham

Berlin

London

Paris

Nice

Stockholm

Amsterdam

Barcelona

That's not gonna happen. From a financial point of view that's uninteresting. Considering the production costs she might have problems to break even with only one show at an arena. 2 shows are a minimum. And if she can sell more the better. But why whould she do 3 shows at an arena if she can do 1 at a stadium to reach the same number of people. Sure the revenue will be lower, but the costs for 1 stadium gig are lower than 3 at an arena as well. Starting with a the stadium rent. I have no idea about it but I believe renting a stadium is much cheaper per ticket than renting an arena considering there are only a few acts who can actually sell a stadium. And the demand to rent an arena is way higher. Those are usuallly multi purpose and cater to different markets. Concerts, Sports, Conferences, Fairs. Whereas a stadium has not that many choices and is certainly more flexible with the fees. That might make a stadium more attractive. So more money, less work. And a few disappointed fans.

That's not gonna happen. From a financial point of view that's uninteresting. Considering the production costs she might have problems to break even with only one show at an arena. 2 shows are a minimum. And if she can sell more the better. But why whould she do 3 shows at an arena if she can do 1 at a stadium to reach the same number of people. Sure the revenue will be lower, but the costs for 1 stadium gig are lower than 3 at an arena as well. Starting with a the stadium rent. I have no idea about it but I believe renting a stadium is much cheaper per ticket than renting an arena considering there are only a few acts who can actually sell a stadium. And the demand to rent an arena is way higher. Those are usuallly multi purpose and cater to different markets. Concerts, Sports, Conferences, Fairs. Whereas a stadium has not that many choices and is certainly more flexible with the fees. That might make a stadium more attractive. So more money, less work. And a few disappointed fans.

And there you have it. "A few" disappointed fans tour after tour after tour will lead to less and less fans (thousands) going to see her, which can only be counterproductive.

She can always hike up the prices for the arena shows. I'm sure most fans would rather pay a few extra £££ and actually hear the show or see something that is a bit more than a dot in the distance than being at the back of an airport parking lot or massive park. :bad:

Also, it's highly likely that U2 will be touring in 2014 with a highly anticipated new album. LiveNation & Guy O would be pushing U2 110% for maximal $$$. 2015 would be best and also most realistic since, let's face it, we probably won't get an album in 2014 anyway

I agree. Though she might have an album ready for release by the end of 2014 and tour in 2015 which would be a welcomed scenario

Dublin

Glasgow

Birmingham

Berlin

London

Paris

Nice

Stockholm

Amsterdam

Barcelona

this is a very random list of cities.

She barely sold 35.000 tickets in Dublin (same venue where Rihanna packed 50.000 people), why would she go back again of all places??

...and where is italy in the list, she sold out 3 stadiums in italy with MDNA

this is a very random list of cities.

She barely sold 35.000 tickets in Dublin (same venue where Rihanna packed 50.000 people), why would she go back again of all places??

...and where is italy in the list, she sold out 3 stadiums in italy with MDNA

Oops sorry, I was sure I had Rome in the list! :shy:

Okay, substitute Dublin for Rome and you're good to go babes.

Guest Rachelle of London

In Europe she should only do

Paris

Rome

Amsterdam

Berlin

Stockholm

Dublin

Manchester

Birmingham

London

I think back to back shows at the NIA would be good, the Birmingham MDNA shows sold well, it was her first time touring Birmingham, the show got good press and it is a small venue so they could charge bucketloads. Manchester will also be a welcome addition to the tour, I was quite surprised that they left it out on MDNA.

What happened to Europe? Am I wrong, but I thought they loved her, especially during the COADF era? Or am I not seeing it right cause i'm from the US?

What happened to Europe? Am I wrong, but I thought they loved her, especially during the COADF era? Or am I not seeing it right cause i'm from the US?

1. Madonna toured Europe 3 times in 5 years: 2008, 2009 and 2012. That's 71 shows (mainly stadiums) in 45 cities in 26 different countries, if I'm not wrong.

2. Reviews were mixed for both S&S and (even more so) MDNA.

3. Most concert-goers (casual fans) were very disappointed with the MDNA set list, because they knew less than half of the songs, some of which were re-arranged to the point that they were barely recognizable.

1. Madonna toured Europe 3 times in 5 years: 2008, 2009 and 2012. That's 71 shows (mainly stadiums) in 45 cities in 26 different countries, if I'm not wrong.

2. Reviews were mixed for both S&S and (even more so) MDNA.

3. Most concert-goers (casual fans) were very disappointed with the MDNA set list, because they knew less than half of the songs, some of which were re-arranged to the point that they were barely recognizable.

True. Europe loved her during COADF, but her popularity has continually decreased since HC, thanks to the media kissing other artists' asses (*cough* Lady Gaga *cough*), bad reviews for her tours AND her albums, her age etc.

And she really saturated the touring market with her number of shows as well. MDNA already showed a decline in attendance numbers, she might have some problems selling out stadiums next time unless she limits the European leg.

Guest Rachelle of London

Europe loves Madonna but she's saturated the markets, as Msig has stated. Remember when she tours the States she mostly does arenas, in Europe she's playing stadiums with 70k audiences, some cities multiple shows. There was a decline when MDNA was released as most Europeans didnt even know Madonna had an album or tour out. Next time I think it would be good if she stuck to arena shows in Europe OR just play stadiums in key cities not all of them. She could focus on stadiums in places where the demand is high such as Asia and Australasia.

Also many European countries, especially Southern Europe are in the grip of an economy crisis, people just dont have 200 euros to spend on going to a concert to listen to songs they dont even know. Times are different than back in Confessions or S&S days.

Australian and Asian leg could effectively begin in the Autumn, she could take a break over Christmas and then tour the rest of the world in Spring and summer.

that's casual fans' problem for having false expectations. If you pay top dollar priced tickets, then please bother to check out the set list and some youtube videos.

Guest Rachelle of London

that's casual fans' problem for having false expectations. If you pay top dollar priced tickets, then please bother to check out the set list and some youtube videos.

Most people buy tickets before the tour has even started, there is no setlist or Youtube videos at that stage

Guest Rachelle of London

I dont understand why Madonna doesnt break up the shows in legs. What was the biggest break she had during MDNA, 7 days between the European leg and N American one. You have younger artists like Rihanna and Beyonce who do full world tours i.e. tour each continent but they break up the tour, and have breaks. whereas Madonna literally does one straight run. I dont see why.

I dont understand why Madonna doesnt break up the shows in legs. What was the biggest break she had during MDNA, 7 days between the European leg and N American one. You have younger artists like Rihanna and Beyonce who do full world tours i.e. tour each continent but they break up the tour, and have breaks. whereas Madonna literally does one straight run. I dont see why.

I don't get that either. If she did longer break inbetween legs, like most other major artists do, she wouldn't be as burnt out towards the end of the tour as she usually is.

Most people buy tickets before the tour has even started, there is no setlist or Youtube videos at that stage

there were plenty of tickets available online before she reached USA and South America

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't get that either. If she did longer break inbetween legs, like most other major artists do, she wouldn't be as burnt out towards the end of the tour as she usually is.

Yup. I heard that it was because they have to pay the crew for a longer period but I doubt that's the reason. By the end of MDNA she was knackered. If she would've had a few days off she probably would've been okay

She gets bored easily and likes to move on. Sticky was very unusual for her.

Guest Rachelle of London

She gets bored easily and likes to move on. Sticky was very unusual for her.

So why commit to such a long tour then, I dont mean go on a long breaks like from S&S leg one and S&S leg two. But a few days between shows, the MDNA schedule especially N America onwards was just ridiculous. Look at the Philly show after she'd had a few days, its one of the best shows to watch, same with the Montreal show. I'm just saying it doesnt have to be done in such a long run, she'd probably be able to fit in more countries that way aswell.

Guest bluejean

I think she'll probably schedule the Australian leg in late 2014. But it'll get cancelled so the tour won't technically kick off until 2015.

Time is money chelle

Also because of the school of the kids i guess

I understand the "time is money" angle, but never the kids and school excuse. She even said they had a "traveling school" with them. Maybe she just doesn't like keeping them on the road for a long time - which would make more sense.

Guest Rachelle of London

Time is money chelle

Also because of the school of the kids i guess[/quote

True. I just don't get why other artists who don't even rake in a third of what Madonna does can do it but Madonna doesn't. Ah well.

In Europe she should only do

Dublin

Manchester

Birmingham

London

I think back to back shows at the NIA would be good, the Birmingham MDNA shows sold well, it was her first time touring Birmingham, the show got good press and it is a small venue so they could charge bucketloads. Manchester will also be a welcome addition to the tour, I was quite surprised that they left it out on MDNA.

Um NO. MDNA Dublin was a complete wash-out of a disaster in a half empty stadium. And Brum, despite only an 11,000 capacity took an absolute age to sell and even then was full of old codger couples looking for a GH show. Edinburgh was the highlight of a disastrous MDNA UK leg and even that was semi-crap what with it being, well, Edinburgh. Every pop act usually plays Glasgow So yes, Madge should play The Hydro in Glasgow next tour and obviously she'll always play London..INDOORS next time thanks.