Madonna should probably avoid touring in 2014

Apples388

Also, it's highly likely that U2 will be touring in 2014 with a highly anticipated new album. LiveNation & Guy O would be pushing U2 110% for maximal $$$.

2015 would be best and also most realistic since, let's face it, we probably won't get an album in 2014 anyway.

A new album and tour appears to be really wanted by her strong fan base, but lets see if the general public will continue purchasing her new music, and paying for high priced concert tickets. If anybody can break any records again for touring, it will definitely be Madonna.

Hopefully, a new movie project will not get in the way of M making new music, but I respect any decision she makes regarding her career.

I don't think she'll be touring in 2014, but it is strange we haven't heard anything about a new directorial effort. Maybe in January her plans will come to light.

Agreed.

November 2014- New album

April - December 2015- New tour

I think it will probably be March 2015 (album) and May-December 2015 (tour) but my preference is below and it's controversial:

January 2015 - New album and new tour (simultaneous). Kick the tour off in Australasia incl. Japan (January/Feb), then South America (Feb/March), North America (April/May/June-ish) and end in Europe for June/ July / early August. :wow:

One thing's sure: she NEED to tour Australia next time, she snubbed them for FAR too long. Mostly when you know she's gonna break some touring records with it, the demand will be HIGH. She need to go in Asia too.

One thing's sure: she NEED to tour Australia next time, she snubbed them for FAR too long. Mostly when you know she's gonna break some touring records with it, the demand will be HIGH. She need to go in Asia too.

Maybe she could start the tour in Australia then work backwards over Asia, then Europe then the Americas?

The KEY to her next tour breaking records will be the new album. She needs to kick off with a huge lead single and and album that's well received. The album needs to have a couple of follow up singles so that the casual fans and public will warm to so the album stays on the charts for a few months.

The tour should definitely kick off in Australia but unless she has a huge lead single and the album sells well she there she should avoid stadiums because her reputation is damaged by her promises to tour there that have never materialised. It would look much better if she sells out arenas rather than struggle to sell out stadiums. Next she should move to Japan and then south east Asia followed by Europe - only major cities. Then take a break and move onto the US and South America.

The KEY to her next tour breaking records will be the new album. She needs to kick off with a huge lead single and and album that's well received. The album needs to have a couple of follow up singles so that the casual fans and public will warm to so the album stays on the charts for a few months.

The tour should definitely kick off in Australia but unless she has a huge lead single and the album sells well she there she should avoid stadiums because her reputation is damaged by her promises to tour there that have never materialised. It would look much better if she sells out arenas rather than struggle to sell out stadiums. Next she

should move to Japan and then south east Asia followed by Europe - only major cities. Then take a break and move onto the US and South America.

I agree with the second part but not the first part. At this point in her career, having a long-lasting album campaign is irrelevant to selling concert tickets. You're confusing what we (the fans) want with what the general public wants. The fans want Madonna to have a multi-hit multi-platinum album and great reviews etc. etc. with a tour that sells tickets. The public that will buy her concert tickets doesn't care as long as she plays the hits. That's a big distinction. She's in a point in her career where she is very aware of those two dichotomies, added to her own vision as an artist and what she wants to do (peppered with sometimes annoying but always innovative punk-rock ethic). When she gets all of these elements right, she has a great tour on her hands; when she doesn't, then it falls into one category or another: Drowned World Tour was far too self indulgent; ReInvention was far lenient on pleasing the public etc. etc. MDNA Tour arguably got the balance right for herself and her hardcore fan base, but the public was slightly neglected.

The next tour will focus on more on the public - mark my words. I'm sure she's no stranger to the fact that The MDNA Tour numbers were good but not great in comparison with her previous numbers and that the next tour will be scheduled to accommodate that 'damage' (as you yourself suggested - dates in major Euro cities & venturing back to Oz and Asia).

And that's fine because it means 'the hits' will probably be well represented for the general public and the numbers posted will be good but….

Will she have a big hit and a good album? That's something no one can predict. But it makes the wait rather exciting.

Okay I've had too much to eat & Drink but it's Christmas okay.

I still think the new album will be play a big part in how many ticket she sells for for the next tour.

If she is back in favour with the general public and has a stellar album that people are familiar with then they will want to attend the tour.

We know she likes to include her new album into a fair chunk of the show. That worked really well on CT as almost every track on that album was seen as a return to form and the audiences responded really well. On the MDNA tour because she didn't have a really big lead single and the album fell off the charts fairly quickly a lot of the audience were not familiar with half of the setlist and looked bored when she performed Gang Bang and IDGAF or at least they did at the shows I attended. When she she performed a classic song it was like being at a different show. The crowd woke up and responded really well. REVULVAH and HU just left most of the audience scratching their heads. Some of her classic hits need to be performed in the original mix. Oh and those interludes were awful. Best Friend,what a yawn fest. If she wants to keep selling out stadiums and have successful tours she could be a little less self indulgent. She did get it right with Celebration - that's one of her best closing numbers. She had the whole audience participating. Vogue and was flawless as was EY.

GGW was amazing as the the opening number.

I have faith in her and I think her new album will be and improvement on the last two albums. We know that she is more than capable as long she isn't distracted.

I agree with the second part but not the first part. At this point in her career, having a long-lasting album campaign is irrelevant to selling concert tickets.

I don't agree with this.

A successful album is needed to increase demand.

Not saying she NEEDS it...but she has to have one unless she wants to turn out like those bands people only see as a nostalgia act...which is something i hate to see her become really.

Besides demand already decreased from S&S to MDNA like it or not...she needs to give people a reason to come back. Most people didn't check her out on MDNA here in Portugal because they saw her in 2008 and because "i don't like her new song".

So if she's not counting with having hits, she needs to perform in new countries...go back to Asia, go back to Australia. ;)

North America will always sellout, but Europe will be less supportive of her. (we already saw a difference from S&S to MDNA)

Sorry but U2's 360 Tour is the biggest tour of all time and the album that it promoted was a flop by their standards.

Hard Candy and MDNA were both flops (MDNA far more so) by Madonna standards and yet the accompanying tours were big hits.

The Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen - the list goes on; big concert ticket sales and album sales that appeal only to the major hardcore fan base.

Madonna is now in that category of musicians. Of course having a big album will help her sell even more concert tickets, but if the next album flops even harder than MDNA but the tour plays all the hits and does not put off the general public, she will sell big stadiums. It's obvious.

She should explore virgin lands like China

China, South Africa, South Korea, anywhere she has never been before. The usual markets are completely saturated, she can do less shows on Europe and America but the main focus should be on those "virgin lands". Only in 2015 onwards, of course.

I don't agree with this.

A successful album is needed to increase demand.

Not saying she NEEDS it...but she has to have one unless she wants to turn out like those bands people only see as a nostalgia act...which is something i hate to see her become really.

Besides demand already decreased from S&S to MDNA like it or not...she needs to give people a reason to come back. Most people didn't check her out on MDNA here in Portugal because they saw her in 2008 and because "i don't like her new song".

So if she's not counting with having hits, she needs to perform in new countries...go back to Asia, go back to Australia. ;)

North America will always sellout, but Europe will be less supportive of her. (we already saw a difference from S&S to MDNA)

one thing to note, however, is that Madonna gained a lot of new young fans in the MDNA era. Kids who learned about her bc of the Gaga feud, and were blown away by videos of the MDNA tour and haven't yet seen her live at all. I think they may be adding to the roster of Madonna's next tour. Also, Madonna needs to do a few tv performances (of the caliber of her hung up promo performances) to remind the public that as a touring act, she's unstoppable.

China, South Africa, South Korea, anywhere she has never been before. The usual markets are completely saturated, she can do less shows on Europe and America but the main focus should be on those "virgin lands". Only in 2015 onwards, of course.

...She can call it "The Virgin Tour"

Guest Not4Pussies

She needs to wait to tour til 2015. It Is too soon for another tour. The European market is way to saturated. Take a break and make them want you.

Madonna come to Australia? You guys have obviously not checked Lola's timetable for next year. How could Madonna possiibly fit in Australia when Lola has Geometry first semester, followed by Drama in second semester???

You do realize that Australians are scepticle when it comes to Madonna and her constant bullshit excuses for not touring the nation!

I agree. I'm not touring expert, but she's simply overdone the European and North American markets. I think the next world tour should focus on Australia and Asia predominantly. She has to maximize her time with potential tour gross, and Australia/Asia have waited long enough. She could do 2+ months in Australia/New Zealand alone.

Then she could do some select cities in North America and Europe.

I honestly wonder if she will ever do a long tour again like 2012. She seemed to be hating it by the second month.