100% or don't bother.

mad4mad2

Hmm. Some of the shit she's ahead of there is regarded as rather successful too. Like Fun, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Emile Sande etc.

Yup and Gotye who had one of the most exposed singles in the year. Look, the album market is really targeted towards teens and middle aged plus which is why the top four in that list are Adele, Taylor and One direction.

I wish dave had not bothered us with this topic! :angry:

He can't really be a fan!

I do want new music. But for me, if M never release a song or even worse, if she records a terrible CD, I don't care!

Like someone said I love her for all she's done already! And what she stands for!

And to tell you the truth, I'm getting old too, after 30 years of being a fan!

I was happily surprised with MDNA. I think it's zillion times better than HC, in my opinion.

So, I go by the words: There's light after dark!

dave, you're being totally selfish with this comment.

One man's crap can be another man's treasure. Remember that!

Madonna doesn't want to and doesn't need to please anyone. I'll take whatever she wants to present.

If I listen and don't like, I'll go back listening to her great songs or just listen to the ones I like on the CD.

HC I just listen to Miles Away and Devil Wouldnt Recognize You, for example.

:rolleyes:All you flop fans really get on my nerves. Do you walk around with your eyes closed until you sense negative tabloid journalism somewhere nearby? The things you all say just generally don't make any sense. It's like a personality disorder

:chuckle::rotfl::thumbsup:

Would you rather have another MDNA type album (no promo,no great singles, no good management and zero M interest in the project) or no album at all?

NONE. I'd rather take a movie. Or a GOOD album WITHOUT promo.

She always puts an album out and always does some kind of promo (Super Bowl, Facebook). I don't see how that's news.....

Erm... Facebook? I'll give you the Superbowl (though she could have done that without a new album), but Facebook was a joke. Seriously now, the first question was about how she refused to do any promotion for the album -- to which she responded "I did a photo shoot" and pointed to the album cover. If that is her new standard for promoting new music releases, it's pretty pathetic.

As far as dave's original question goes -- I'm not a f-ing loon whose every day is filled with thoughts of Madonna. My life isn't going to change for better or worse if the next album peaks at number one or number 93. As long as the music is good, I'll be satisfied.

Honestly now, "MDNA" was hardly a smash hit. People here acknowledge it was a flop (except the loon patrol who demands that everything she does be called perfect and gigantically successful) and everyone outside the world of Madonna forums -- music critics, journalists, regular people -- either considers it a failure or is unaware that it even exists. I still like it -- without promotion, without success. If the next album is as good, I'll be satisfied.

EDIT: I will add, that while another "MDNA" would satisfy me -- I'd prefer a new album that is emotionally raw and breaks new ground in pop music. I'd prefer she get on every magazine cover in the world and sell 10 times whatever the latest pop bitch is selling. Then I'd prefer that she go on a gigantic, groundbreaking tour the way she did with BAT and DWT. But if we get another "MDNA" ... I won't complain. (If we get another "Hard Candy," then there will be much bitching.)

Guest Xanthium

I agree with what you're saying material boy but I wouldn't consider MDNA a flop. It sold pretty decently worldwide, right? Somebody quote me some official numbers please.

If M's next album is universally loved by both critics and fans, is compared to ROL and LAP, has amazing videos that all fans love, that she is on the cover of 30 magazines, does another promo tour like Brixton/Roseland, is on all of the talk shows promoting the album, performs new songs on those talk shows, releases an awesome 1st single, and then the album struggles to sell 1.3 million worldwide and the first single tanks. What will everyone do?

I agree with what you're saying material boy but I wouldn't consider MDNA a flop

It sold pretty decently worldwide, right? Somebody quote me some official numbers please

:thumbsup:

http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/dmr2013.pdf

It sold 1.8m copies worldwide and it was the 12th best-selling record of the year per the IFPI

And the 7th best-selling Universal release of the year

Consider that Pink is at #6 with the Truth About Love with only 800k more sold worldwide

That tells you about the state of records sales these days

Some fans needed to get over Madonna's promotional choices a long time ago and look at the big picture

If you liked the music who cares? And it's obvious with MDNA that she still cares about it

ifpipng492times379_zpsd22df2dc.png

ad7ee24e-48f0-4bca-aec3-a8e907a65b62_zps

Frankly I don't know how that's to be considered a flop with such scant promotion and in her mid 50s doing pop music. And for an artist who has 30 years of work behind her. Get real and stop pretending to know better than she does

If M's next album is universally loved by both critics and fans, is compared to ROL and LAP, has amazing videos that all fans love, that she is on the cover of 30 magazines, does another promo tour like Brixton/Roseland, is on all of the talk shows promoting the album, performs new songs on those talk shows, releases an awesome 1st single, and then the album struggles to sell 1.3 million worldwide and the first single tanks. What will everyone do?

They'll still bitch about it....

it's always something....

:dead::dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Erm... Facebook? I'll give you the Superbowl (though she could have done that without a new album), but Facebook was a joke. Seriously now, the first question was about how she refused to do any promotion for the album -- to which she responded "I did a photo shoot" and pointed to the album cover. If that is her new standard for promoting new music releases, it's pretty pathetic.

As far as dave's original question goes -- I'm not a f-ing loon whose every day is filled with thoughts of Madonna. My life isn't going to change for better or worse if the next album peaks at number one or number 93. As long as the music is good, I'll be satisfied.

Honestly now, "MDNA" was hardly a smash hit. People here acknowledge it was a flop (except the loon patrol who demands that everything she does be called perfect and gigantically successful) and everyone outside the world of Madonna forums -- music critics, journalists, regular people -- either considers it a failure or is unaware that it even exists. I still like it -- without promotion, without success. If the next album is as good, I'll be satisfied.

EDIT: I will add, that while another "MDNA" would satisfy me -- I'd prefer a new album that is emotionally raw and breaks new ground in pop music. I'd prefer she get on every magazine cover in the world and sell 10 times whatever the latest pop bitch is selling. Then I'd prefer that she go on a gigantic, groundbreaking tour the way she did with BAT and DWT. But if we get another "MDNA" ... I won't complain. (If we get another "Hard Candy," then there will be much bitching.)

And a lot of "regular people" I've known over the years think Madonna hasn't had a hit since the early '90's. The numbers don't lie though. I don't think anybody is calling MDNA a GIGANTIC, super hit but it definitely held it's own and was a bigger "hit" than many other albums that ARE perceived as hits because they have "hit songs" attached to them. In 2012, MDNA sold the same amount yet was released after the fun album.....which is generally considered successful because they had many hits, acclaim, airplay and the general public seem to really have taken to them.

I fail to see how DWT was more groundbreaking than MDNA......MDNA was certainly more successful and was the longest, most physically demanding tour of her career. In the 8 years between GS and DWT the world of technology changed DRASTICALLY......maybe if she waits 8 years til she tours again, it will seem more "groundbreaking".

I also fail to see how calling the MDNA era a success is loony, but expecting a 55 year old woman, 30 years into her career to outsell all her competition and revolutionize the music industry with every album she releases and every tour she embarks on isn't loony.

:lol:

UGH.....it is 2016 why is this stupid bitch doing promo like it's 1998. Beyonce, Gaga, Katy and *some dumb slut we haven't heard of yet* ALL just immediately went on their world tours after their album dropped and their albums sold much better. Madonna needs to do more shrewd marketing moves like she did in the MDNA era with the ticket/album bundle package deal. She seemed so passionate then, she was making headlines and really voicing what she believes in. Now, it seems like she is just desperate to sell her album. She goes on all these shows and the single STILL Isn't catching on. Get a clue bitch! I mean let's face it, Madonna is only doing these Brixton/Roseland gigs because she can't fill arenas and stadiums anymore. She's saturated all her markets..... :lol2:

Will Madonna step up her game because of............?

Guest whatatramp

ARE YOU THE REAL MATERIAL BOY?? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MOVIE??

:lol:

UGH.....it is 2016 why is this stupid bitch doing promo like it's 1998. Beyonce, Gaga, Katy and *some dumb slut we haven't heard of yet* ALL just immediately went on their world tours after their album dropped and their albums sold much better. Madonna needs to do more shrewd marketing moves like she did in the MDNA era with the ticket/album bundle package deal. She seemed so passionate then, she was making headlines and really voicing what she believes in. Now, it seems like she is just desperate to sell her album. She goes on all these shows and the single STILL Isn't catching on. Get a clue bitch! I mean let's face it, Madonna is only doing these Brixton/Roseland gigs because she can't fill arenas and stadiums anymore. She's saturated all her markets..... :lol2:

Will Madonna step up her game because of............?

:laugh: Kurt, I bet this kind of commentary will happen.in the future. Keep this post in a time capsule and pull it out when it happens.

The only thing I really care about is good music. I have really tried to force myself to like MDNA, listened to it over and over, but, and it pains me to say this, I just don't like it. I have enjoyed every album she's done apart from this one. So I just want a great album next time. I wouldn't even mind if she didn't tour for a while to build up demand.