Appreciate: Nikki Finn and "Who's That Girl"

joe

"What's his name!?"

"Louden!"

"Louden what?"

"...Clear."

I always felt if she hadn't made Shanghai Surprise, which she really was pretty bad in and which erased the positive notices she got for DSS, WTG would've been better received. She's genuinely funny in it. Oh well.

I think a lot would have happened if she'd never made Shanghai Surprise.

Guest Xanthium

I've always felt WTG was a cute and funny rom com. Madonna was cute in it. She made me chuckle. The movie gets a bad rap. She's made much worse movies. She wasn't wooden like she was in Shanghai or BOE.

This is a classic in my household. I taped it back in the early 90s and used to watch this with my siblings all the time.

Re-watched the DVD today. Remains great. And like someone else said, great memories. Living in Europe and having spent the last couple of years away from my sister and my brother, this movie made me get all sentimental. Bet they didn't have that in mind when they made it.

All about Nikki and Rebecca Carlson LOL. Only thing is I actually find BOE funnier (when it wasnt obviously meant to be) and more of the 'underated camp classic' F*ck 'Evita' zzzz

I just realize I don't have this movie :ohmy:

This is going to be my purchase for the day.

Nikki is my second favorite, my first being Susan

• 1 month later...

I just adore this song and movie. I know the movie is a dud, but Madonna as Nikki Finn is iconic. It was liking watching Madonna taking on mulitple personalities. And the song... I love it... especially when she sings...

"Light up my life, so blind I can't see
Light up my life, no one can help me now
"

And I thought she just looked incredibly gorgeous when she appeared on the big screen, wearing this...

wtg_film3.jpg

Feel free to post your favorite moments from the Who's That Girl era.

Who's that girl, causing a commotion, the look of love + the short darker hair from the video and the Herb Ritts pics for the tour program

<3

The movie is not totally a dud, it's a very 80's comedy. I never understood the hate for it till i saw it in english with Madonna's original voice : terribly annoying. Until then i only saw the movie dubbed in french and found it quite pleasant. It's exactly the same annoying voice she used on Santa Baby.

Who's that girl, causing a commotion, the look of love + the short darker hair from the video and the Herb Ritts pics for the tour program

<3

The movie is not totally a dud, it's a very 80's comedy. I never understood the hate for it till i saw it in english with Madonna's original voice : terribly annoying. Until then i only saw the movie dubbed in french and found it quite pleasant. It's exactly the same annoying voice she used on Santa Baby.

Well, when I say "dud", I didn't mean I bought into it being one. Just the general acceptance of the movie was a "dud" or "bomb". Though, the Nikki voice is what makes it even more fun. I never found it annoying at all. But I agree, the voice did carry on over to "Santa Baby".

Guest whatatramp

Knock knock..

Knock knock..

Who's there?

Boo

Boo who?

DONT CRY WE'LL TAKE THE APARTMENT

:lmao:

Nikki Finn: C'mon Lounde, haven't you ever done anything you were proud of?

Louden Trott: Well, I used to be really good at fencing.

Nikki Finn: See? There you go. I knew ya' had it in ya'.

Louden Trott: Yeah, but of course my father would never come watch me.

Nikki Finn: Why would your father wanna watch you turn over stolen goods? You're twisted!

tumblr_m9lkyx3wnb1rf3cj4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6yfbvCQRQ1r8i3cio1_500.jpg

LONG LIVE NIKKI FINN