ryan

What a fucking year it has been. Without any new album or music, Madonna managed to keep the year eventful for us fans, and ended up turning her downtime into a new era for enjoyment.

Let's take a look back at some of the highlights:

February 9th: Madonna joins Instagram!

"Cheers Motherfuckers!" -was the first post she made when Madonna re-launched her Instragram page. She showed us her boobs, her bathroom, her nose, her vacum, her video editors blisters, scenes of Haiti and Malawi, her art collection..., Oh, and remember when she played Ms. Cleo? :chuckle:

news_instagram02.jpg

March 16th: Madonna presents GLAAD award to Anderson Cooper

"I think you and me need to start a revolution together," Madonna said to Anderson Cooper, "but we can hammer out the details later." (hint! hint! hint! :1251: )

In protest of the organization's ban on gay scouts and scout leaders, Madonna wore a Boy Scouts uniform of her own as she cracked jokes on why she should be a Boy Scout (".. most importantly, I know how to scout for boys") and why she made a terrible Girl Scout ("I ate the cookies"). "I think I should be allowed to be a Boy Scout, and I think they should change their stupid rules, don't you?" she said.

tumblr_mjsa10tjXy1qcrh3oo1_500.jpg

May 6th: Madonna 'punks' it up at the MET Ball

Madonna-Pictures-Shorts-2013-Met-Gala.jp

Need I say anything more? :queenbitch:

May 19th: Madonna graces her beauty at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards

Looking like a $200k prostitute (which we LOVE), Madonna accepted her award for The Top Touring Artist while making will.i.am hold her sunglasses. :) (She also took home Top Dance Artist, and Top Dance Album-go MDNA-woot woot!)

We love her! Oh yeah, and she previewed the trailer for the MDNA tour DVD!

Madonna-Pictures-2013-Billboard-Music-Aw

June 18th: Madonna gives us Marlene Dietrich at the MDNA Tour Screening!

All us gheys screamed in joy and clutched our pearls when Madonna stepped out on the red carpet of the premiere of her highly anticipated DVD release of the MDNA Tour. "This theater has historical meaning to me, because it opened in 1948 and Marlene Dietrich was here at the ribbon-cutting ceremony, so hence my wardrobe"

tumblr_mon8qjgDb11r47pjzo1_500.jpg

After the viewing, the queen decided to throw in a surprise preview of the long awaited unknown thesecretproject.

July 26th: Madonna 'grills' it up!

846_1377220063.jpg
"Brushing my Grilzz Before I Booty Pop. A Woman's work is never Done!"

August 16th: Madonna celebrates in style

news_bday-marie-antoinette02.jpg

September 6th: MDNA is released!

The long awaited release of the DVD/bluray is finally released. The cover art features a photo of Madonna shot by Madonna. Who knew Madonna was into selfies? Oh yeah, and a lot of copies were defected..... What a disaster...

September 16th: Madonna on Reddit!

Two words for you: send. photo. :lol:

September 24th: The Secret Project is no longer a secret!

The highly anticipated and kept under wraps projected aptly titled 'secretprojectrevolution' was finally released on bittorrent.

And it was totally worth the wait!

tumblr_inline_msn02uRrro1qz4rgp.gif

Also on this day, Madonna held a premiere for the short film in NYC where Madonna gave a surprise and compelling performance of Elliot Smith's 'Between the Bars,' :dramatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VdtNt4zYmGY

October 4th: Madonna does Terry Richardson

We were shocked when we first heard the rumors that Terry Richardson would be photographing Madonna for her November issue of Harpers Bazaar. But I think we were even more shocked to see that we managed to fall in love with the photos!

news_harpers-bazaar05.jpg

November 24th: Madonna + Sean

Who would ever thought we would see these two hanging out and spending time again. Will the falling "P" on the LAP maxi cover be placed back up next to the "C"? Who knows. But we love the rumors anyway!

MadonnaPenn.png

December 10th: The end of Brahim

It looks like an early winter for Madonna. Madonna's 3 year relationship with backup dancer Brahim has finally come to an end. :(

(According to Perez Hilton)

Whoa, 2013 was an era in itself. Who else but Madonna could have such an eventful year with no album to push & no product to sell? This woman is 30+ years into her already mega successful career and is STILL making headlines, trending on the internet, causing pandemonium WITH SPEECHES? PUBLIC APPEARANCES? ART PROJECTS? She truly is the last STAR left in the universe; no ones bigger, no one shines brighter, no one causes a stir like good ole Madge!

Her QOL status has been renewed for another posthumous 100 years. :wow:

Guest Rachelle of London

Amazing thread!!!!!!

Can we add Madonna presents Malala at the Sound of Change concert...sorry but that speech was AMAZING! And Madonna actually got good press for that

Guest Rachelle of London

As I've stated in numerous threads, I NEED another Madonna project! I love the buzz, love the rumours, love it all!

What about those few weeks in February when she spotted that Betty Page look with the black wig? That was exciting as well, although no public speeches or 'real' appearances were associated with it. And don't forget the HC opening in Berling, that was a highly exciting event as well (at least for German fans :)).

Her looks were certainly stunning this year! Nothing beats the MDNA Tour Transgression look, but apart from that, I believe her looks this year, even though she usually only spotted them for one single event, were much more creative than last year's looks for the MDNA album. Actually, I believe this year was the most exciting year look-wise since a few years. How can anyone say she doesn't spot any impressing looks anymore?

I mean, just look at my signature lol

Whoopie, that was fantastic. Captured her year brilliantly. It is amazing that she still was so dominant without releasing any new music.

I thought the Secret Project was wonderful and wish it had received more attention for how ground-breaking and important it was,

Guest whatatramp

March - Confirmed a billionaire (later disputed by forbes LOOOL)

large.gif

25th April - Macy's Hosts one night only Madonna fashion exhibit

20130426-pictures-madonna-macys-material

1st June - Sound of Change

20th August - Visits Hard Candy Rome

SLAYS

madonna_rome1.jpg

5th September - posts this makes headlines for being one of the first high profile celebrities to speak out about Syria

Madonna.png

8th October - Madonna returns to Twitter and hosts first #ArtForFreedom Live Art Curation

Got sent some questionable things... BWE7VQpCUAASbHn.png

8th October - Attends '12 Years a Slave' Premiere' in New York

rs_634x1024-131009105215-634.mcqueen-mad

Texts during film and gets banned from cinema chain makes international headlines

giphy.gif

17th - October - Attends Opening of Hard Candy Fitness in Berlin
article-2465912-18CE3DFE00000578-332_634

on 31st October Hard Candy fitness would open in the fascist state of Toronto

This full-scale club will exude the brand’s signature modern style with high-end amenities, extensive cardio, functional strength and personal training spaces, state-of-the-art equipment, saunas, steam rooms, custom juice bar and an all-around rooftop terrace. Hard Candy Fitness Toronto members will benefit from unique group fitness programming with studios for everything from cycling and Pilates to yoga and cardio-dance – including Hard Candy Fitness’ signature Addicted to Sweat workouts. Madonna and her long-time personal trainer, Nicole Winhoffer were directly involved in the selection of each Addicted to Sweat instructors at the Toronto location.

24th November - Madonna tops Forbes’ 25 Highest-Paid Musicians list

From an earnings perspective, however, there’s no question over the winner of this battle’s latest round. The honor goes to Madonna, who pulled in $125 million over the past year, making her the highest-paid musician in the world. The bulk of Madge’s millions came from the tail end of her MDNA Tour, which grossed $305 million. She augments her income with heady merchandise sales at concerts, as well as her Material Girl clothing line and Truth or Dare fragrance.

tumblr_mkymu3ZSa91qgcra2o1_500.gif

December - Richard Corman Hosts his Madonna NYC 83 Exhibit in NY

Madonna_opening_reception_ws.jpg

December - Sean Penn and Madonna reunite and move in together only to get married in the heat of passion

So as you can see it's been yet another iconic year for that girl from bay city who has a weird bellybutton

Edited by whatatramp