Ballad or Dance for her next lead single?

horn

Ballad or Dance?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Ballad or Dance?

A super catchy, no nonsense, emotional, pop/dance or rock mid tempo song (um..kinda thinking LAP 2014 here ;). I'd even love it if she went back to Spanish influences (LIB, WTG, You'll See etc..) w/ a modern twist. Just something that's 100% ALL her w/out thinking about the U.S., charts, radio etc..lol NO more French Euro sounds, tired U.S. r&b, duets etc etc.. I dont care about her age- if the song is hot, its STILL Madonna and she's one of, if not the 'only' exception to the rule (long as the song is good lol). There's still too many fans worldwide (including the U.S.) who'll buy it if the buzz and song is a quality song.

Neither. Something up tempo but not typically dance as far as house/techno. Examples of past singles like that would be LAP or Ray of Light. The dance element can be brought in through remixes. Ballads are nice, but I don't think they are the best way to kick off an album. They don't generate enough excitement.

Mid tempo please, masterpiece was the perfect opportunity for a slow tempo lead single but then we know what happened. If she releases something dance please let it be innovative at least

Mid tempo but with dance remixes

Totally agree. A midtempo song is much more flexible than a ballad. You can have a version for the radio and fans that aren't into clubs, but then you can do a remix for clubs to get the song to another audience. I know people sometimes try to remix ballads but those always sound very odd to me. If you just have a ballad, you are limited to AC sort of stations or BBC 2, who really not that many people listen to. I think she should do a few more ballads on the next record, but not make one of them a first single. A midtempo or an uptempo but not a totally clubby song is much more flexible and you can do more things with it as far as remixes.

Madonna needs a strong,well-written ballad to get the public's attention.Something as beautifully haunting as "Live To Tell".I think recent ballads like "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" are a step in the right direction.At this point,a fun,lightweight dance single (like "Turn Up The Radio" or "GGW") is just not going to get people's attention.People are looking for substance.

Madonna needs a strong,well-written ballad to get the public's attention.Something as beautifully haunting as "Live To Tell".I think recent ballads like "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" are a step in the right direction.At this point,a fun,lightweight dance single (like "Turn Up The Radio" or "GGW") is just not going to get people's attention.People are looking for substance.

Why do only ballads have substance? It would seem to me the substance comes from the lyrics not the pace of the song. Don't Like A Prayer and Ray of Light have substance, and they're not ballads.

Why do only ballads have substance? It would seem to me the substance comes from the lyrics not the pace of the song. Don't Like A Prayer and Ray of Light have substance, and they're not ballads.

You're right,but I just think that a strong,well-written ballad would grab people's attention.Everyone is doing uptempo dance/electropop singles these days.Ballads tend to be more emotional and heartfelt.I still get chills when I hear "Live To Tell".It's so emotional and effective! I want to get those chills again,but from a new Madonna single.