Is the next Madonna single the most important one in her career?

Was Frozen, the 1st high profile song 2 b leaked on the internet, in the history of the WorldWideWeb? :D

Well, the webmaster was sued for leaking the track... So I think is a YES.

Music was the widely downloaded song when it first came out (Reported by Billboard with the article titled "The Sound Of Music").

I don't really care, as long as she doesn't screw it up like she did with the singles on MDNA, especially GGW and GMAYL. The album was fine of course (and let's not even mention the godly tour + higly exciting era in general), but choosing GMAYL as the lead single was indeed one of the biggest fuck-ups she ever did, at least in terms of single releases.

her next single is the most important in her career? no.is the most important in gaga´s career.if it sells a lot and it´s a huge success, gaga will be forgotten.If it´s not a huge success, maonna´s career will continue.

You nailed it!

why the hate for gayl as first single? it seemed perfect.

The strategy I think was actually sound. Everyone expected her to come out with some huge Electronic Gaga-killing single. Instead she opted for easy-pop. I think going in a different direction than expected was a great idea. But GMAYL was not the right song to carry out the strategy.

I'm going to have to say YES, it will be judged as her most important. I think Madonna is at a crossroads in her career, that thin line between " youth relevancy" and vintage. If the single bombs she will be seen as a vintage act, and if it succeeds on the charts, she has brought a few more years of being relevant to younger generations.

Not that any of the above matters, she just needs to release a brilliant single, with brilliant lyrics, brilliant art work and a brilliant film clip! No pressure.

I'm going to have to say YES, it will be judged as her most important. I think Madonna is at a crossroads in her career, that thin line between " youth relevancy" and vintage. If the single bombs she will be seen as a vintage act, and if it succeeds on the charts, she has brought a few more years of being relevant to younger generations.

Not that any of the above matters, she just needs to release a brilliant single, with brilliant lyrics, brilliant art work and a brilliant film clip! No pressure.

I'm afraid Madonna has long passed the stage of "youth relevancy". Obviously, that's not to say with each era she hasn't gained younger fans, because even just seeing some of the posters here come and go over the years, it's clear she always attracts some younger fans. However, her days of MASS youth appeal have been gone for many many many years.....she hasn't been a "teen queen" arguably since the early 90's. I was in high school when ROL came out and.....maybe it's just the crowd I hung around.....lol.....but nobody gave a shit about that album in my age group. In fact, a few of my friends who were fans through BS, had no interest in Evita and when ROL hit, they just thought she lost it and went all Euro/techno. Honestly, if I didn't read magazines, or pay attention to sales, I would've had no idea ROL was as big as it was because nobody in my world liked it. I even tried to get my Mom into at that time (who liked quite a bit of M's work) and she was just like "ehhh".

Madonna is beyond the "make it or break it" point when it comes to her single releases. If it's a hit, she's gonna release the album and go on a massive world tour and sell out all over the world....then on to the next project. If it's a flop, she's gonna release the album and go on a massive world tour selling out all over the world.....then on to the next project. Her future isn't dependent on the performance of her next single (or album for that matter). Even if she never has another hit, she will always be releasing music and touring until SHE chooses to stop.

I'm afraid Madonna has long passed the stage of "youth relevancy". Obviously, that's not to say with each era she hasn't gained younger fans, because even just seeing some of the posters here come and go over the years, it's clear she always attracts some younger fans. However, her days of MASS youth appeal have been gone for many many many years.....she hasn't been a "teen queen" arguably since the early 90's. I was in high school when ROL came out and.....maybe it's just the crowd I hung around.....lol.....but nobody gave a shit about that album in my age group. In fact, a few of my friends who were fans through BS, had no interest in Evita and when ROL hit, they just thought she lost it and went all Euro/techno. Honestly, if I didn't read magazines, or pay attention to sales, I would've had no idea ROL was as big as it was because nobody in my world liked it. I even tried to get my Mom into at that time (who liked quite a bit of M's work) and she was just like "ehhh".

Madonna is beyond the "make it or break it" point when it comes to her single releases. If it's a hit, she's gonna release the album and go on a massive world tour and sell out all over the world....then on to the next project. If it's a flop, she's gonna release the album and go on a massive world tour selling out all over the world.....then on to the next project. Her future isn't dependent on the performance of her next single (or album for that matter). Even if she never has another hit, she will always be releasing music and touring until SHE chooses to stop.

lol-accurate-snl-stefon.gif

Madonna needs to give up her aukward attempts to please youths, and release just a good song to please her hard-core fans, and most likely it has to be a good ballad. I realize that most likely it will not be all over the charts (Top 40 is still a possibility though) - that's fine. I even understand that her next album (no matter how good it will be) may not reach Number 1 and sell less than MDNA - that's also fine. However, I still expect her selling tickets well (people want to see the legend!), and that's the most important thing for her and the industry.

Madonna needs to give up her aukward attempts to please youths, and release just a good song to please her hard-core fans, and most likely it has to be a good ballad. I realize that most likely it will not be all over the charts (Top 40 is still a possibility though) - that's fine. I even understand that her next album (no matter how good it will be) may not reach Number 1 and sell less than MDNA - that's also fine. However, I still expect her selling tickets well (people want to see the legend!), and that's the most important thing for her and the industry.

What makes you think hard core Madonna fans only like ballads? I like ballads but personally I would like the first single to be something I can dance and move around to, but maybe not club/techno. Dancing and having fun is not just for teenagers.

What makes you think hard core Madonna fans only like ballads? I like ballads but personally I would like the first single to be something I can dance and move around to, but maybe not club/techno. Dancing and having fun is not just for teenagers.

This is simply becasue she has not had a good ballad as a lead single for years, if not decades. When was it last time? I guess with Evita back in 1996! I don't insists though - but please-please, no rappers, no collaborations :-)))That does not mean the album needs to be ballads only, I only referred to a lead single. Just my opinion.

I think that, secretly, the UK media would like her to have a big selling, chart-topping single. Generally they have always sided with her. But when she makes a miss-step they pounce with glee. I would love it if she struck gold again with a single. Not because I fear she can't but because I know she can - just look at the MDNA debacle. Adult radio (basically Radio 2 in the UK) would have lapped up Falling Free, Masterpiece or I'm A Sinner or Beautiful Killer. Youth orientated radio could have played Gang Bang or I'm Addicted. Her music could have got heard. But they released GMAYL instead. And then GGW which IMO is her worst ever single release. MDNA had some songs which could have become classics but they chose to release the most forgettable tracks as singles.

:dazed:

I think a major image overhaul is due for her. The public just don't like her anymore because they think she's acting "too young."

She'll have to have a great song + a great image, something classy and sophisticated but also sexy.

And please, no more "emergency last minute fillers session" 2 weeks before a public appearance, M. :bad:

I think a major image overhaul is due for her. The public just don't like her anymore because they think she's acting "too young."

She'll have to have a great song + a great image, something classy and sophisticated but also sexy.

And please, no more "emergency last minute fillers session" 2 weeks before a public appearance, M. :bad:

:chuckle:

I mean, ideally I'd want her to take those implants out but it's been so long now that she'd have loose skin around her face and if she does take them out then she'd have to get (another) facelift as well. So The Cheeks are here to stay! :wow::(

I mean, ideally I'd want her to take those implants out but it's been so long now that she'd have loose skin around her face and if she does take them out then she'd have to get (another) facelift as well. So The Cheeks are here to stay! :wow::(

20130619-pictures-madonna-mdna-tour-prem

But this was PERFECTION circa 1990's

implants cannot be removed, once they are there, they stay. they are "attached" to her bone structure forever and ever.

she has injections on that area every now and then though to keep them well rounded

Madonna needs a strong,well-written ballad to get the public's attention.Something as beautifully haunting as "Live To Tell".I think recent ballads like "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" are a step in the right direction.At this point,a fun,lightweight dance single (like "Turn Up The Radio" or "GGW") is just not going to get people's attention.People are looking for substance.

Madonna needs a strong,well-written ballad to get the public's attention.Something as beautifully haunting as "Live To Tell".I think recent ballads like "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" are a step in the right direction.At this point,a fun,lightweight dance single (like "Turn Up The Radio" or "GGW") is just not going to get people's attention.People are looking for substance.

I guess you are talking about Madonna fans here? The general audience? No way. Or how else do you explain things like "What does the fox say".

Guest bluejean

I think Madonna should just record some great new songs and then pick the best one as lead single. Like she usually does. No need for all these strategies and plans. Just make some good music and go from there. And who cares if it "flops." It's more likely to "flop" than become a hit. That's the reality of it. So who cares?

I think Madonna should just record some great new songs and then pick the best one as lead single. Like she usually does. No need for all these strategies and plans. Just make some good music and go from there. And who cares if it "flops." It's more likely to "flop" than become a hit. That's the reality of it. So who cares?

This - totally agree!