'inside of me' is one of Madonna's best ballads :)

Genevieve Vavance

it's about her mother, I love it soooo much, it actually makes me cry, for example I love Promise to try as well, but this kind of really melts my heart,

especially when she sings 'I keep a picture of you next to my bed at night ...'

it's an amazing underrated song for all of us who have already lost someone we truly loved

edit: her vocals are superb on this!!!!

Along with Paradise (not for me), my all time fave forever and ever....

Love the lyrics, the silky voice, the melody, an underrated gem for sure.

:smooch:

Inside of me is my favourite song on Bedtime Stories. It is just so beautiful and sad. I used to think it was about an ex-lover but then found it was about her mother. Her vocals are just gorgeous on this. It is actually in my top 10 songs of hers ever.

Inside of me is my favourite song on Bedtime Stories. It is just so beautiful and sad. I used to think it was about an ex-lover but then found it was about her mother. Her vocals are just gorgeous on this. It is actually in my top 10 songs of hers ever.

I too thought it was about a lover, it's so sad, but her vocals are so warm and cozy on it, it's kind of uplifting but also sad at the same time

I too thought it was about a lover, it's so sad, but her vocals are so warm and cozy on it, it's kind of uplifting but also sad at the same time

It is one of those songs that someone could cover and relate it to an ex lover. When Madonna sings it though, it is purely about her Mother. Not that I want anyone to cover it because it could not be done any better. It has a dreamy effect as well. Muse, I loved the descriptions of her vocals that both you and Charles used - silky and warm and cozy. It is not a dramatic declaration, rather a soft gentle reminder of pure love. Beautiful.

It is one of those songs that someone could cover and relate it to an ex lover. When Madonna sings it though, it is purely about her Mother. Not that I want anyone to cover it because it could not be done any better. It has a dreamy effect as well. Muse, I loved the descriptions of her vocals that both you and Charles used - silky and warm and cozy. It is not a dramatic declaration, rather a soft gentle reminder of pure love. Beautiful.

You're right babe, could easily be related with an ex or former lover...or any beloved person that no longer is in this 3rd dimensional world...and it's a proof of how u don't really need to scream like crazy to deliver a wonderful song...it makes me flyyyyyyyyyy

floating_fairytail_by_rick_nadal-d5dg820

You're right babe, could easily be related with an ex or former lover...or any beloved person that no longer is in this 3rd dimensional world...and it's a proof of how u don't really need to scream like crazy to deliver a wonderful song...it makes me flyyyyyyyyyy

floating_fairytail_by_rick_nadal-d5dg820

Charles, that is beautiful and true.

I have always liked the song, but the way she sings it, it sounds more like she is yearning for a lost lover than her mother.

There is a sexual aspect/vibe to it. At least I always felt that way.

I have always liked the song, but the way she sings it, it sounds more like she is yearning for a lost lover than her mother.

The title is the most sexual thing about it. Inside of Me / Why's It So Hard? neither song is about sex. Although Like A Prayer surprisingly has nothing to do with praying.

That's true J, that's why one can easily relate it with a lover...not only for the literal "inside of me" part :laugh:

I don't agree that "Like A Prayer" has nothing to do with praying in the same way the other songs can have other meanings.

Inside of me is my favourite song on Bedtime Stories. It is just so beautiful and sad. I used to think it was about an ex-lover but then found it was about her mother.

I was gonna post "why don't I love this song?" But THIS ^is the reason I don't love it or even like it.

I'm not even a big fan of Promise to try but I get the song from her point of view. I understand her singing it to her mother.

"Inside of Me" is simply perfection.

It's lush, breathy, and downright sexy. I was very confused the first time that I heard it was about her mother.

The sample on this song is simply orgasmic. Bedtime stories is one of the best albums madonna has ever released. I relate most to this album. Beautiful lyrics and vocals.

Fact. And shamefully under-appreciated. "Bedtime Stories" is a warm blanket to wrap yourself up in after a breakup.

I always pray that she sings one day this beautiful ballad on her tour, but I guess this will never happen.

Madonna really had the most beautiful ballads in the 90s along with Take a bow, Youll see, I want you etc.

I always pray that she sings one day this beautiful ballad on her tour, but I guess this will never happen.

Madonna really had the most beautiful ballads in the 90s along with Take a bow, Youll see, I want you etc.

I agree, the ballads in the 90's were outstanding

This is one of my all tome fav Madonna's song. It is sexy, hunting, beautifull vocal and great melody song.

I've always wanted to see this song to get single treatment. Another black and white on the beach video would have fit the song.