Skin

P!nk

438 posts in this topic

For whatever reasons, I guess that she is not such a polarizing figure like (Madge, gaga, Britney), but I hear her music whenever I go out, and almost all my gay and straight friends and family members are really into her.

I don't like her sense of style too much, but I actually really like her singles because they are some of the best on mainstream radio. Many of her album fillers I can't get into at all. I would most likely purchase or download off someone her greatest hits album, but nothing else.

I always thought she was a lesbian.

I'm surprised she doesn't get more media attention, as she is a female with quite strong personal/political views. And she's not afraid to share them.

I would say she's not as "safe" as some make her out to be...but, in terms of music/image/etc., she stays in her lane (and it works for her).

Still, she has a brain, and she uses it (compared to nearly ALL of her peers)...I'm surprised she's not a target by the media more.....

Lately she's getting most of her press because of some (amazing) performances such as

or

kudos to her for that.

I only own Can't Take Me Home and I've never bothered with the rest of her albums outside of the singles.

Same. I loved "Can't Take Me Home" although I understand that it wasn't who she was as an artist but the rock/pop songs she does about hating her husband one moment and loving him the next is kind of boring to me at this point. I wish she would do a couple more r&b songs in the future because her voice is actually well suited for that genre. Rock/Pop is her thing though and I respect that but I wasn't interested in getting any of her albums after "Can't Take Me Home" but I've enjoyed quite a few of her singles she's released since then.

She's also of course a great performer. I'd go see her live.

I love her first album too. I wish she'd give it more love. Especially You Make Me Sick.

I'm afraid she'll end up joining the Cirque du Soleil and raping her female coworkers.

I love her first album too. I wish she'd give it more love. Especially You Make Me Sick.

Yeah I loved "You Make Me Sick", "There You Go", "Can't Take Me Home", "Split Personality", "Most Girls" and "Let Me Let You Know".

Does P!nk even perform any songs from "Can't Take Me Home" anymore? It doesn't seem like it. It seems like she acts as though her career began with "Misundazstood".

I think it's smart of her to not shock or follow the tactics of other pop tarts (Miley, Gaga, etc), given how fickle the audiences are now. People are already over Gaga, and will soon be over this Miley girl.

kudos to her for that.

Anyone got any scissors

She doesn't make headlines because she's not an attention seeker. She does her job and she does it well. She's more of a rock chick anyway and they don't have lunatic fan bases like the dance divas. She may not be the most iconic but Katy Perry and Rihanna, among other disco dollies, have never done anything iconic either. I'm glad Pink isn't tabloid fodder or involved in stan wars because bitch is rolling out the hits and killing it at the tour box office. Slow and steady wins the race.

I always thought she was a lesbian.

She is. Thats why only Australians "get" her truck driver act.

Anyone got any scissors

:rotfl:

And yes she's irrelevant and her music is shit.

I fucking hate Pink.

finally someone said it, :D I agree lol

Pinks music?

She has basically rehashed the same Max Martin formula for years and years now.

That is AOR light rockish pop with the same chorus. Sure its popular and harmless, but its very boring and no creativity whatsoever..no one can separate the songs. It will be complitely forgotten in history books and relevance..

She is. Thats why only Australians "get" her truck driver act.

funny-koala-291.jpg#funny%20koala%20gifs

Dollhouse, you really have no idea about Australians do you :lmao: We are not all stupid yobbos and there is no culture of "truck drivers"

Really interesting question!!! And yes, she has minumum cultural impact, even though she sells millions and has number ones (or at least top 10s). I wonder why...

Wasn't her show on EPIX last night? I wouldn't mind skipping through it if somebody recorded it.

Pinks music?

She has basically rehashed the same Max Martin formula for years and years now.

That is AOR light rockish pop with the same chorus. Sure its popular and harmless, but its very boring and no creativity whatsoever..no one can separate the songs. It will be complitely forgotten in history books and relevance..

nuuu , Famili portrait , Get the party started, Lady marmalade and Just like a pill have relevance, they would be classics in some years for sure

Album and single sales + huge tours = relevance. Why are so many people acting as if relevance is based on Twitter, Facebook and gossip tabloids? A lot of people talk about her actually, she's seen as an amazing performer and she deserves all of it.

I'm surprised she doesn't get more media attention, as she is a female with quite strong personal/political views. And she's not afraid to share them.

I would say she's not as "safe" as some make her out to be...but, in terms of music/image/etc., she stays in her lane (and it works for her).

Still, she has a brain, and she uses it (compared to nearly ALL of her peers)...I'm surprised she's not a target by the media more.....

Because she's irrelevant