44 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

she should just join Cirque du Soleil and give it a rest

:lmao::thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

her voice sounds really nice on this

:dead:

Martin B.    0
3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I like it. I'll probably start to enjoy it with more listens. I agree that it doesn't really GO anywhere. 

But it's Pink. Pink is Pink. All this talk that she's still 'doing the same thing' blah blah blah is kinda silly. Stevie Nicks has been doing the 'same thing' for over 40 years! I don't WANT Stevie to all of a sudden start doing disco or dance. Same with Pink. I've always just enjoyed her for what she does and who she is. At least she's consistent. 

And most improtantly, she's one of the least pretentious pop stars out there. I love how down to earth she is and how she's not constantly posting on social media. She pops up here and there with solid songs and that's that. 

THIS.

I like Pink precisely because she is unpretentious, sings well and an very good performer. It does not matter that she is not reinvented herself. This is not what I expect from her.

I agree as a person she seems as real deal cool compared to 90% of them. Not at all a media whore, non attention seeker, seems genuine and smart and goes low key when she doesn't have music out. Non gimmicky (save the now tired swinging on ropes here/there on award shows lol) She can sing. I just never connected with her music. Plays it WAY too safe when she's always had the potential to do much, much better. A song like this for example had the potential to be 10x better. Less loopy and repetitive, along with drums and guitars here/there or at esp. at the end to make it more climatic, would've stepped it up significantly. Its not just Pink though. in 2017 almost everyone is playing it too f'king safe not taking things to the next level. 

todsmod    0

Don't think this will do much.  A big generic.

tumblr_okqb41SxS51uuyy36o1_400.gif

vocalism    0
6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I agree as a person she seems as real deal cool compared to 90% of them. Not at all a media whore, non attention seeker, seems genuine and smart and goes low key when she doesn't have music out. Non gimmicky (save the now tired swinging on ropes here/there on award shows lol) She can sing. I just never connected with her music. Plays it WAY too safe when she's always had the potential to do much, much better. A song like this for example had the potential to be 10x better. Less loopy and repetitive, along with drums and guitars here/there or at esp. at the end to make it more climatic, would've stepped it up significantly. Its not just Pink though. in 2017 almost everyone is playing it too f'king safe not taking things to the next level. 

Yeah, I agree at this point she should be taking more risks because she probably has a few more years before pop radio stops playing her. That said, maybe she knows that and this is geared more toward AC radio, which has really supported her in recent years. I think the reason she plays it so safe now is because the one time she took a risk (aside from changing her sound from R&B to pop/rock) was with Try This, which was much harder and more punk than Misundaztood and it flopped. So she's been playing it safe and releasing the same thing over and over again for the last decade and every album has gone platinum or more and she has 15 Top 10 hits in the U.S. 

I know it's totally normal (Katy was a very rare strange exception) for a mega name singer to instantly rise to #1 and usually stay there for a day or 2. But this just really not good lol. Gets worse w/ each listen. Mixed reviews at best..everywhere. From what I read most people aren't really feeling it so surprised it's even as high as it is after almost a full day now. I get there's basically NO competition and the songs on top have been lingering basically all summer but I'd be reeally surprised if Despacito or even the newly discounted WT now doesn't take over #1 again by Sun./Mon. If it this somehow ends #1 on iTunes for the week the top selling songs have been well under 100k. My jaw would seriously drop and get stuck if this sells over 200k lol. 

Nick    0

Track doesn't sound particularly special.  Will give it another listen tomorrow when not half asleep. 

VogueMusic    0
15 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I like it. I'll probably start to enjoy it with more listens. I agree that it doesn't really GO anywhere. 

But it's Pink. Pink is Pink. All this talk that she's still 'doing the same thing' blah blah blah is kinda silly. Stevie Nicks has been doing the 'same thing' for over 40 years! I don't WANT Stevie to all of a sudden start doing disco or dance. Same with Pink. I've always just enjoyed her for what she does and who she is. At least she's consistent. 

And most improtantly, she's one of the least pretentious pop stars out there. I love how down to earth she is and how she's not constantly posting on social media. She pops up here and there with solid songs and that's that. 

True. I get that we pick on a lot of artists for not 'reinventing'...but very few are even close to what M can do. Most artists find their niche (in sound, presentation, performance, etc.) and they stick to it. That's kind of how the industry used to be...you found your 'act' to sell, and that was that. I get that we'd still like to see artists we like try new things...but at the very least Pink knows her lane, and is consistent (even if it's not my thing).

6 hours ago, LikeAPrayer said:

Haven't cared for anything from her since M!sundaztood to be perfectly honest....

Me too. And the last single I liked was Feel Good Time.

Mmmmm    0
18 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Me too. And the last single I liked was Feel Good Time.

Oh yes! She needs to do more like this! Still pop but exciting pop lol 

I'm shocked shes killing it as much as she is on iTunes. We'll see where this is at by early in the week to really know how this is looking. Again, super old and weak songs have been lingering on iTunes all summer so prob doesnt take much to sell to be ahead on there by a mile.

I truly think its more the GP (*suburban soccer moms and their daughters) connecting with Pink personality, image etc...than the song itself. I still think Katys CTTR is a better song lol. For reasons we've all gone over/over won't there again on 'why' this is happening. Like I mentioned in another thread, dont think Pink is doing much with streaming. If this came out pre 2013 she'd have much better shot w/ a higher debut when streaming wasn't in the mix. I need a chart expert but wonder how much she needs to sell to debut at #1 (w/ minimal streaming). 

Toni    0

I just think her new song is the sound that's out at the moment. Pharrell and Justin Timberlake are good examples with their 'nice' and happy kinda sounds. The Bieber also, with his safe summer sound. 

i knew it that she can slay , considering just like fire went to n 10 , being a film song

AIRPLAY

What About Us: 19.657 (debut) 8-)

SHE IS SLAYING 

Hector    0
22 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

she should just join Cirque du Soleil and give it a rest

She's not even good enough for that. She's like one of those cheesy rock tribute bands playing at Great Adventure amusement parks. 

14 minutes ago, Jester said:

http://kworb.net/pop/ the lead on US ITunes is HUGE

One version is but the other is dropping like a rock. I believe its first starting to slow down in the UK and other markets. It's only been out 1 full day and I believe has a banner on iTunes. All the white suburban moms and the like who only just heard she has a new song out are snatching it up only cause its Pink lol. Clearly she created the need but I feel this is textbook front loaded. If the song was better/stronger be the first to say it has a serious shot to slay a full week on iTunes and debut very high. But w/ next to no streaming and the fact it's not a very good or eventful song, gotta see where it's at by the end of the weekend (which is when Despacito usually makes gains).