Skin

P!nk

431 posts in this topic

but how she would be irrelevant, if she has tons of Young fans , kids love her , and they not even know who is Mooriah scarey

What Skin means is she doesn't get the hype of the other pop girls. He's not saying she's irrelevant. She's the most successful, but you never hear about it. That's the whole point. While we are comparing the sales of Gaga, Katy and Miley, Pink is rarely mentioned, yet she blows them all away. Where Gaga's success doesn't match all the hype, it's like Pink has huge success and no hype to match it.

I think she's likeable by a wide spread audience, she doesn't just appeal to young folks in their 20's, some older people like her too, straight and gay. She doesn't fit with the pop princesses today, she has her own thing... her own poprocky sound, she's not fluffy and out there for her image, it's her music, outspokenness that gets her noticed. You don't see P!nk fans going on about 'slaying' and chart battles, but her success is quite big and speaks for itself.

I was into her 2000-2002 and then she lost me with the 3rd album. No big reason I just wasn't interested anymore. I saw her live in a very small venue back then and she was amazing, no big fuss or production, just great singing and a very likeable singer. Even back then she tried to distant herself from the pop princess persona and what comes along with it. More power to her!

I think it has a lot to do with what the media pays attention to...for example, Pink is extremely talented and it shows that the public want to pay to see her do her thing and are eager to buy her music, but at the same time she does not beg for attention like the other pop stars (Miley, Rihanna, Katy, Crapga) All these pop stars give the media plenty to talk about, controversial performances, controversial music and controversial lives in general that the media will gobble up, but the one thing that they fail to deliver in is good enjoyable music which shows in their recently released albums. So while they may be in the public eye more often than Pink because of their desperate attempts for attention, Pink focuses on her music and performance art and it pays off as people KNOW she can put on a show and they KNOW she delivers good albums. The sales speak for themselves. Pink = Success, The others = Hit or Miss.

The same goes for Celine Whitney and Mariah as someone mentioned. Whitney and Mariah were always talked about more so in the media than Celine, but why? Whitney, drug problems, family drama, scandalous interviews. Mariah? She pretty much just uses sex to sell her mediocre music. Where as Celine has never been controversial in any way and while the Media does tend to ignore her, her sales and her extremely successful shows shit all over her peers. People can recognize talent and expertise over controversy and attention seeking. When it comes to why gays dont WORSHIP PINK YAAAAS SLAY QUEEN I CANT DAAAAARLIIIIING!!!! I'm just going to say that gays in general flock to whoever is in the spotlight most often and talked about most often (Was Britney, was Gaga and next is probably Miley) where as Pinks fan base consists of demure lesbians and straight folk.

:lol:

How can someone be as successful as her, yet be so irrelevant? To me that's someone opinion of some person they really don't care for.

P!nk is a bad ass Rock Chick. Since she's transitioned into that persona, we haven't seen someone like that for some time. So she's pretty much found her niche' where there really isn't anyone else like her at the moment. It's working for her. She seems to appeal to a much more varieity of people, than a specific group. And personally, next to Madonna, I think she's definitely one of the best touring artists out there who isn't afraid to sweat and work their ass off while performing. In fact, she takes more risks PHYSICALLY than Madonna does on stage of late.

When P!nk first came on the scene, I wasn't a big fan. There was some sort of disconnect with me regarding her. It seemed too pefectly manufactured. It turns out, she was only doing what the record company wanted her to do until she finally took the bull by the horns with her second album and broke out as the ROCK artist she really wanted to be. My favorite album is "I'm Not Dead Yet". If you recall, that album initially bombed until the follow up year when she re-released the album and got some grammy nods.

She's irrelevant and a bit boring because she's kind of in the middle. She's not superficial, fun and dancey enough to be a lighthearted pop princess. But she's not edgy, indie, punk and alternative enough in her style of rock to be cool. I get that she's quite successful but she's of little interest to me for those reasons. I like either electro pop music that doesn't take itself too seriously or more indie leaning rock like my newest idol Kate Nash. Pink is too much in between to interest me.

I understand where Skin is coming from...P!NK (on paper anyway) has all the assets to be a major music icon but she simply is not. Honestly, I think it is her choice to a degree. Although she definitely takes somewhat controversial political stands and has firm personal opinions (unlike some of the flaky and medicated pop princesses), I can't think of anything P!NK has done that has really changed the culture.

She is a fantastic musical artist and live performer, but she has never shown the desire to reach that stratosphere of the pop world where you are the IT girl. I would also say she has played it very safe with her music. She took some risks with Try This and that didn't go well for her. I don't think she's ever done anything else musically that would be considered bold. However, I will add that she has amazing pop music instincts and her formula works very well for her.

She's been playing safe throughout her own career. She portrays herself as a badass girl ever since, and her music follows the same formula (in a good way), hardly anything new. I think that's why media ignores her.

I'd love to her live in concert though. I heard she was amazing! I missed one when she was in NY.

The most irrelevant succesful star is for sure ..Nora Jones hahha

My grandmother loves her.

What Skin means is she doesn't get the hype of the other pop girls. He's not saying she's irrelevant. She's the most successful, but you never hear about it. That's the whole point. While we are comparing the sales of Gaga, Katy and Miley, Pink is rarely mentioned, yet she blows them all away. Where Gaga's success doesn't match all the hype, it's like Pink has huge success and no hype to match it.

Thank you!

TWO IN THE PINK! ONE IN THE STINK!

It's true that Pink isn't very visible but on the other hand media attention very often doesn't amount to anything substantial. Sometimes the most talked about artists fail commercially, they're actually more celebrities than artists. The media exposure and social media presence of certain starlets isn't anything more than well orchestrated publicity. The public takes the bait and talks about them at the watercooler but is otherwise unwilling to spend any money on them. Sometimes what catches the public's attention is an act of desperation to be on the front page. It seems Pink doesn't play that game. At the end of the day the safest measure of an artist's popularity is the amount of money people spend on them. And there Pink is more relevant than most of her peers.

She's been playing safe throughout her own career. She portrays herself as a badass girl ever since, and her music follows the same formula (in a good way), hardly anything new. I think that's why media ignores her.

I'd love to her live in concert though. I heard she was amazing! I missed one when she was in NY.

I have to disagree with this statement. Yes, I will say that much of her music since her second album hasn't strayed away from "same formula", but with her first album she was being labeled and promoted as an R&B artist. That isn't what she wanted to be. So with her second album, she did take a chance by breaking from R&B genre that the record company was trying to mold her into.

Its a shame Try This bombed. It contains one of her best songs. She sings the shit out of it.

I only own Can't Take Me Home and I've never bothered with the rest of her albums outside of the singles.

i like a few of her songs but the thing with pink is she is just too safe and boring. she doesn't party, dress weird or show her crotch. she will never get any bad news attention. i think besides Madonna she is a perfect role model for young girls. i wish she got more attention but maybe she likes and prefers it this way .

Pink is irrelevant and yet successful, the way country performers are

They don't represent a challenge for anyone

TTAL Tour already showing on epix online. Later tonite on epix tv.

She doesn't try on different costumes. She's always herself and doesn't compete with anyone. She most likely had a big talk with her label about not wanting to be the next pop sensation, so thats why she's not sold as one.

She's a popstar who does acrobatics...no one else does. Therefore she's in a league of her own. Is she dead?

To be perfectly honest, I haven't cared for much of Pink's work since Mizzunderstood. I agree with those who say her music is a bit samey and that is just not for me. However, I have nothing but respect for Pink and wish her ALL the success in the world! I may not listen to much of her music these days, but I would pay to see her live. I know she puts on one hell of a show and I admire the hard work she puts into her career, particularly her live performances. She's one of the few genuine artists/musicians we have out there right now and the formula she has works for her. She obviously has a dedicated fan base.

Good performer, great vocalist, and as far as personality goes, shes got it! seriously, who doesn't love P!NK?

Even though I rarely check for her music/ videos/ interviews, from what I've heard & seen, she's definitely the second best female popstar of her peer group.

She reminds me of robbie williams,successful,nice people to have a drink with,great live shows,and a fee good songs.but not super star material.in pink's case,maybe it's because she is too normal for the headlines

And god is a dj is her best song!!!!but it bombed,I guess that's why she left the disco songs from her albums