MadonnaNation.com Forums
Skin

P!nk: New album "Bland Trapeze"

I thought that performance was amazing, ha - plus I love that punk-rock take on Lady Marmalade. The censored bit is her singing "You are beautiful, no matter what they say" to Xtina's sex doll but I guess they had to edit it out not to get sued.

Her whole Try This era was flawless, I miss that P!nk.

she makes fun of other manufactured popstars when she's just as one.

11 minutes ago, GOD said:

Exactly!! Works with the same producers eg Max Martin. She’s no different. 

4 hours ago, Aime said:

I thought that performance was amazing, ha - plus I love that punk-rock take on Lady Marmalade. The censored bit is her singing "You are beautiful, no matter what they say" to Xtina's sex doll but I guess they had to edit it out not to get sued.

Her whole Try This era was flawless, I miss that P!nk.

Noticed that several people have commented before how much they like Try This album/era. Never liked it as much as other folks, but did actually purchase album at the time because there were a couple of tracks that were very catchy. Maybe I will give it another try again...

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Noticed that several people have commented before how much they like Try This album/era. Never liked it as much as other folks, but did actually purchase album at the time because there were a couple of tracks that were very catchy. Maybe I will give it another try again...

I like it because it's very raw and simple. It was irritating to hear her say she made a 'shit album' just to piss off her label. You've got to stand by your artistic choices regardless of sales numbers but hey, she's always been a hypocrite.

I bought her first three albums on vinyl this week 💗

13 hours ago, Aime said:

I like it because it's very raw and simple. It was irritating to hear her say she made a 'shit album' just to piss off her label. You've got to stand by your artistic choices regardless of sales numbers but hey, she's always been a hypocrite.

Did she really? That's so interesting. Why did she decide to make a shit album to piss her record company off on the back of two very successful albums?

34 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

Did she really? That's so interesting. Why did she decide to make a shit album to piss her record company off on the back of two very successful albums?

Basically, she said she didn't have time to rest, didn't want to be pushed around blahblahblah. It's funny because that was the only risk she's ever taken (the guy from Rancid co-wrote the album and they're pretty far from mainstream) yet to P!nk it was "shit".

4 minutes ago, Aime said:

Basically, she said she didn't have time to rest, didn't want to be pushed around blahblahblah. It's funny because that was the only risk she's ever taken (the guy from Rancid co-wrote the album and they're pretty far from mainstream) yet to P!nk it was "shit".

She seems to contradict herself a lot. All this talk she has been on about the media trying to create drama between women yet she has trashed Christina a lot in the past.  Why people were laughing at her grimace. She takes it too seriously. 

I don’t remember that she told that she considered the album being shit but rather tired of all the pressure from the record company, she wrote the songs quickly so they would leave her alone. That if she had been less in a hurry to finish with them, she would have worked on the songs longer.

@Martin B. I can't find the exact quote but she did imply the album was bad, which is surprising considering she was really into it at the time of its release. I mean, even the tour setlist was like 80% Try This and 20% her first two (successful) albums.

And yes, @Jazzy Jan, she doesn't seem to realize her reaction went viral mostly because of their feud. Can't just blame stupid Internet people here, haha.

she and christina were in a fued and now they say they are cool with each other. how is that hard to understand?

i didnt know she posed nude!?!? wtf....and i like the new pink - she has grown - which doesnt come with perfection or erasing of past mistakes.

like her recent success makes people angry lol and "want to tear them down. bring them down to their level"

On 24/11/2017 at 9:07 AM, Mmmmm said:

Exactly!! Works with the same producers eg Max Martin. She’s no different. 

She also works frequently with Greg Kurstin who makes boring Top 40 and adult contemporary music for Kelly Clarkson and Sia 

On 11/24/2017 at 3:55 AM, GOD said:

This. Personality wise not so much but musically absolutely. If she was so bad ass she would absolutely try something new and risky and not the same Max Martin/Greg Kurstin recycled AC ass kissing music lol. She's 38, 17 years of success w.w and beloved by the GP. WHY not take a slight risk? zzz 

39 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

This. Personality wise not so much but musically absolutely. If she was so bad ass she would absolutely try something new and risky and not the same Max Martin/Greg Kurstin recycled AC ass kissing music lol. She's 38, 17 years of success w.w and beloved by the GP. WHY not take a slight risk? zzz 

I know.  She was brave enough to switch from the wannabe R&B "hood" chick to the more pop rock sound and she hasn't switched it up since.  The reason why Hot AC and AC plays her music all the time but it's at the point when I hear her songs I can no longer pinpoint what album or era it's from because it all blends together. 

5 hours ago, Skin said:

I know.  She was brave enough to switch from the wannabe R&B "hood" chick to the more pop rock sound and she hasn't switched it up since.  The reason why Hot AC and AC plays her music all the time but it's at the point when I hear her songs I can no longer pinpoint what album or era it's from because it all blends together. 

and she claims radio doesnt play her music, and complains as to why Britney and Xtina are bigger than her. Bitch please shut the fuck up. 

As much as I appreciate her consistency, after her latest snooze fest of an album, it’s high time for her to change something up. She’s got such a versatile voice for so many genres so I don’t know what’s preventing her from going in a different direction. 

I know it’s been done a million times, but I wish she’d explore the disco genre a little. I loved Feel Good Time and thought William Orbits production was fabulous with her vocals. 

But her tour is slaying so maybe she doesn’t want to alienate her fan base and in turn, her salary. 

9 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

But her tour is slaying so maybe she doesn’t want to alienate her fan base and in turn, her salary. 

Is it? The only show reported so far

Pnk.thumb.png.9a78c053abb3d89915620d56ab5d8cb0.png

On 25/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, Martin B. said:

I don’t remember that she told that she considered the album being shit but rather tired of all the pressure from the record company, she wrote the songs quickly so they would leave her alone. That if she had been less in a hurry to finish with them, she would have worked on the songs longer.

I think he means this:

"She had written Try This with one of her musical heroes, Tim Armstrong from the punk band Rancid. "I was kind of rebelling against the label on that one," she says. "I was going: 'You want a record? Fine, I'll write 10 songs in a week for your fuckin' record and you can press it up and put it out.' That was an awful time. I was walking out of half my interviews crying. I just felt they were putting a quarter in the slot to watch the monkey dance.""

Nah, definitely not this one although it's rather telling. Also, the album wasn't written in a week and she seemed really proud of it until it flopped and she "only did it because she had to".

P!nk’s chart-topping Beautiful Trauma rallies 16-6 (44,000 units; up 95 percent) following her high-flying performance of the album’s title track on the American Music Awards (Nov. 19, ABC). The set sold 34,000 copies — up 129 percent.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8046949/taylor-swift-reputation-billboard-200-second-week

6 hours ago, Gus said:

P!nk’s chart-topping Beautiful Trauma rallies 16-6 (44,000 units; up 95 percent) following her high-flying performance of the album’s title track on the American Music Awards (Nov. 19, ABC). The set sold 34,000 copies — up 129 percent.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8046949/taylor-swift-reputation-billboard-200-second-week

Not surprised song doing pretty good...

It’s another bland  track for American audiences.

On 11/26/2017 at 2:23 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Her songs have sounded like any pseudo-empowering anthem that’s come out for the past decade. I can actually envision her singing Kelly Clarkson’s entire catalogue

Kelly Clarkson ironically left her label due to creative differences yet continues to record the kind of shit soccer moms will serenade to a bag of groceries filled with lemon water and toilet paper while driving home from the supermarket

43 minutes ago, Marco said:

Her songs have sounded like any pseudo-empowering anthem that’s come out for the past decade. I can actually envision her singing Kelly Clarkson’s entire catalogue

Kelly Clarkson ironically left her label due to creative differences yet continues to record the kind of shit soccer moms will serenade to a bag of groceries filled with lemon water and toilet paper while driving home from the supermarket

😂😂😂😂😂😂