MadonnaNation.com Forums
Skin

P!nk: New album "Bland Trapeze"

I know she has her own thread, but I really wanted to get views on this outside of her thread that I don't think gets many views in general.

First off let me say I love Pink. I have all her albums and by and large enjoyed each one.

But here is the thing.

She has been around for going on 14 years now. Released what? 6 or 7 albums plus a Greatest Hits. All of them being a big success except one of them. (Try This. Not many people did) She has had hit after hit. Her tours seem to do really well, yet with all of this success she is so not part of the discussion when talking about female pop stars of toady.

Is it because her fan base is pretty much just casual fans and she doesn't have hardcore "stans" out there declaring her "THE QUEEN!" and saying how much she "SLAYS!!!"?

She hasn't done anything that I would consider iconic in her career. Maybe that's the reason why? She just doesn't get the media and the general public talking?

I am not saying this about Madonna because I worship her, but she has been around for over 30 years, but when talking about the artists out there half her age she still comes up in the discussion online and on other forums all the freakin time. But Pink? Hardly a blip.

We seem to be entering a moment where female pop stars are having trouble selling albums. Katy Perry is doing well, but her album is not living up to her last or the hype. Mariah is DOA. Lady Gaga's downfall has been epic. Janet hasn't done anything worth a shit in 14 years. Avril's career is over. Rihanna seems to have had a string of flop songs. (Only has a hit now because she is featured on a track. What else is new) Same goes for Christina who's last two albums were mega bombs. Britney's new album is DOA, and her last album hardly did any business either. (Even MDNA outsold it globally) The list goes on and on....

Yet for the last decade Pink has released hit album after hit album which is a hard thing to accomplish, and its like no one cares. She is there, yet she is totally overlooked.

Anyone else feel this way or see it differently?

Shes a dyke so what would you expect?

She hasn't done anything that I would consider iconic in her career. Maybe that's the reason why? She just doesn't get the media and the general public talking?

I think this is what it comes down to.

and what did YOU achieve?

Lord, judging and analysing other careers.Shes BIG, as her fan base maybe not in the queer world.

:madgemanson:

and what did YOU achieve?

We are talking in relative terms based on a persons career in the pop world moron.

Go suck a clit dry and take your twisted panties somewhere else.

Its a freakin question about a chick in pop music. Not about worldly political matters.

Guest gang bang

She is not irrelevant , SHE IS HUGE , but she has less haters than ALL FEMALE ARTISTS , thats why people in general and Media don t write so much about her ...even Taylor Swift has a lot of haters ..

I'm not into Pink, but from what I've seen she's absolutely amazing, she's one of the greatest performers out there PERIOD and from what I've heard her tours do VERY well. In my opinion, she's never been interested in the popularity contest that is the pop world like her peers.

I saw her riding her bike with her boyfriend (husband?) in Venice a few months ago and absolutely nobody was pestering her. I'm sure she's incredibly happy with how things have gone for her.

I am not questioning her being a big artist. I listed all her achievements above.

I am just asking why is she never part of the discussion when you would think she would be.

I am not questioning her being a big artist. I listed all her achievements above.

I am just asking why is she never part of the discussion when you would think she would be.

Because she is doing rock-pop music mostly. Gays worship their dance-pop divas.

She's a sane, down-to-earth woman who has her shit together; the industry isn't interested in that.

I hear she is good live and she seems to work hard but i can't really think of too many of her hits off the top of my head.

A lot of them do tend to blend together. Even when one of them comes on in the car I recognize it, but sometimes have to stop and think of what it was called. :lol:

Guest gang bang

Well Celine has sold so much albums , grossed 1,000,000,000 with her shows , but she is less famous than Kuntriah or Whitney , so maybe some artists haven t that special star ...like Madonna, Miley , Gaga , Katy , Rihanna, Xtina, who are the Queens OF RELEVANCE

But PINK is the WOMAN OF THE YEAR ACCORDING BILLBOARD ,so how she would be irrelevant ...

Because she is doing rock-pop music mostly. Gays worship their dance-pop divas.

Why do people keep bringing up gays? She is part of the pop world which is pretty much only liked by gay men and chicks, and like I said no matter what forum I visit that has to do with the pop world she is rarely talked about.

I don't think irrelevant is the right word here, but I totally get what Skin is trying to say.

Either way, can you guys introduce me to some Pink? I've always said I've wanted to get into her, but I'm so lazy.

Funny that you created this thread, because with all the talk of "diva flops" lately, I was thinking this same thing. Pink is like the "silent killer" of the pop divas. She gets the least hype but when you factor, single success, album success and touring success, she seems to have all three. I do think it boils down to the fact that she doesn't have any true "iconic" moments but it's also because she doesn't rely on "hype", the receipts speak for themselves.

But PINK is the WOMAN OF THE YEAR ACCORDING BILLBOARD ,so how she would be irrelevant ...

And I didn't even know that, which makes my point. NO ONE CARES! :lol:

If it was anyone else there would be stanning left and right. BILLBOARD NAMES PINK WOMAN OF THE YEAR! QUEEN PINK!!! SLAY BITCH SLAY!!!! YASSSSSS YASSSSS!

Frankly I think she deserves to have people in the general public praise her hard like that, but that's my question. Why doesn't she get it?

I don't think irrelevant is the right word here, but I totally get what Skin is trying to say.

Either way, can you guys introduce me to some Pink? I've always said I've wanted to get into her, but I'm so lazy.

Successfully Irrelevant. :lol:

When I say irrelevant I am not saying she is a flop. I am saying she has been a big success for over a decade now, yet no one ever brings her up as a topic of discussion.

Would the most successful invisible pop star ever sound better? :lol:

Shes a dyke so what would you expect?

Dollhouse, you are so funny. She is actually not a lesbian at all. She is married with a child but that is not an issue anyway. I often laugh when you say that only lesbians go to her shows. I am not a lesbian and have seen her live thus as virtually half of Australia., She is a great entertainer.

Skin, in answering your question, I think that she is not really "star" like. I don't mean that as an insult but just in general, people are more interested in discussing how their female stars look or their private lives. Sad but true. Madonna is about the only female star who has retained the public interest for so long. She really has it all - looks, talent, glamour and iconic moments. She is consistently iconic, successful and fascinating. Pink will always be a force but somehow does not create a lot of interest as a personality or star.

Skin, in answering your question, I think that she is not really "star" like. I don't mean that as an insult but just in general, people are more interested in discussing how their female stars look or their private lives. Sad but true. Madonna is about the only female star who has retained the public interest for so long. She really has it all - looks, talent, glamour and iconic moments. She is consistently iconic, successful and fascinating. Pink will always be a force but somehow does not create a lot of interest as a personality or star.

Thank you.

That's an answer that makes sense to me.

Guest gang bang

well maybe she is not enough famous , but she had her time , in 2002 she was SO FAMOUSSSSSSSSSSS AND SO RELEVANT , but really i don t consider her irrelevant .maybe not so famous ,

Well my mother likes pink lol

Shes a great performer

shes not a "sex symbol"

She doesnt make the tabloids

Shes not a pop princess in my view

Her music is total safe and bland though

Well my mother likes pink lol

My dad loves her.

Guest gang bang

but how she would be irrelevant, if she has tons of Young fans , kids love her , and they not even know who is Mooriah scarey