Celebrity quotes on Madonna

Andra

Let's post here things other celebrities say/have said about her. :tigger:

Quentin Tarantino: "I’ve always said that Madonna has gotten a bad rap. She was the only actor who knew what she was doing in ‘Dick Tracy’. She was my favorite in ‘A League of Their Own’. If I had something right for her, I would totally cast her."

Helen Mirren: "The thing that was imposed on me from the outside was crude and vulgar and distressful to me, and disturbing - that big tits, blonde hair, Diana Dors, blowsy kind of thing. (But) I think Madonna got it right. Madonna claimed it for herself, and I've always admired her for that. I loved that 'Sex' book she did. I thought it was fantastic, because it was a big two fingers up, 'This is my sexuality, it's not what you put on me, it's mine'."

Sophia Loren: "She was charming and very respectful to me, but you know, she looked very lonely."

Pedro Almodóvar: "When she came with her Blond Ambition tour I prepared a dinner for her, and that little thief didn’t tell us that everything she was recording was going to be part of her film. Madonna was asking for Antonio Banderas’ phone number all the time, because she wanted to screw him and I never gave it to her. When she went out jogging she always had her six bodyguards and I told her: 'Madonna, babe, this kind of things are not very attractive here in Spain.' In this country, that thing about bodyguards is like an offense, nobody is going to shoot Madonna or whoever in Spain. But in United States bodyguards seem to be, like a part of the body of the star. She asked me if I didn’t have bodyguards and I said 'I would only have them to fuck them'." :lmao:

in maximilian schell's doc about marlene you can actually hear marlene talking about madonna and the meeting between madonna and france's president (was it chirac, dunno). i think it's a recording from schell's answering machine.

Let's post here things other celebrities say/have said about her. :tigger:

Quentin Tarantino: "Ive always said that Madonna has gotten a bad rap. She was the only actor who knew what she was doing in Dick Tracy. She was my favorite in A League of Their Own. If I had something right for her, I would totally cast her."

:wow: Madonna would be so fucking awesome in a QT movie. Especially now!

Back then Madonna was so direct and bold that she was shocking to many people. I'm sure that Marlene could be shocked at her behaviour. Now it seems "normal", but to simmulate masturbation on stage back then was like a lightning bolt! And sensuality and erotism was more related to Brigitte Bardot or Marylin than Madonna. Back then Madonna seemed like Rihanna now.

Marlene talked about Madonna and praised her after seeing the Blond Ambition tour in Barcelona on french tv (yes the hair incident one^^) saying "This is how one must own a stage !"

I remember reading that Marlene admired Madonna but could not remember where or when. This was great to read. I love Marlene Dietrich. A true legend of epic proportions.

Pedro Almodóvar: "When she came with her Blond Ambition tour I prepared a dinner for her, and that little thief didn’t tell us that everything she was recording was going to be part of her film. Madonna was asking for Antonio Banderas’ phone number all the time, because she wanted to screw him and I never gave it to her. When she went out jogging she always had her six bodyguards and I told her: 'Madonna, babe, this kind of things are not very attractive here in Spain.' In this country, that thing about bodyguards is like an offense, nobody is going to shoot Madonna or whoever in Spain. But in United States bodyguards seem to be, like a part of the body of the star. She asked me if I didn’t have bodyguards and I said 'I would only have them to fuck them'." :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Marlene talked about Madonna and praised her after seeing the Blond Ambition tour in Barcelona on french tv (yes the hair incident one^^) saying "This is how one must own a stage !"

:clap:

Back then Madonna was so direct and bold that she was shocking to many people. I'm sure that Marlene could be shocked at her behaviour. Now it seems "normal", but to simmulate masturbation on stage back then was like a lightning bolt! And sensuality and erotism was more related to Brigitte Bardot or Marylin than Madonna. Back then Madonna seemed like Rihanna now.

:lmao:

:lmao:

How old are you babe? I ask because you can't imagine just how many times critics said from 1985 to 1990 that Madonna had to try too hard to be sensual and sexy, while Marylin only had to blink. She was seen as some slut on stage, because no other popstar has ever behave like that.

How old are you babe? I ask because you can't imagine just how many times critics said from 1985 to 1990 that Madonna had to try too hard to be sensual and sexy, while Marylin only had to blink. She was seen as some slut on stage, because no other popstar has ever behave like that.

When Marilyn was alive it was said she couldn't act. Her kissing was said to be like kissing Hitler. She was called neurotic and difficult. Her career success was attributed to her image. She was criticised for appearing in Playboy. She got as much flack as Madonna did. Marilyn carefully cultivated a very particular image. Your ignorant comments are embarrassing. Anybody who gets their cultural education from gossip magazines and tabloids is undoubtedly stupid anyway.