Favorite Madonna Moment?

Guest Lum

In her 30+ year career, she has given us some amazing moments. But which one ranks supreme in YOUR book? :old:

A moment can be anything she has done: a song, movie, performance, quote, facial expression, dance move, lyric... anything!

2:47 of this video will always be one of my favorite Madonna moments ever.

I remember watching the video as a two year old and copying every move she did during that part. Especially the hand movement. I think I even used to wear a button up shirt with the bottom buttons undone :lmao:

How about you guys? :madonna2:

Could never narrow it done to one. Never.

But the Superbowl is def up there.

Just, wow. We all know how fantastic it was. No words to describe it.

Guest SecretGarden

A somewhat cliché choice but this performance is honestly my favorite moment of her whole illustrious career:

Perfection.

In her 30+ year career, she has given us some amazing moments. But which one ranks supreme in YOUR book? :old:

A moment can be anything she has done: a song, movie, performance, quote, facial expression, dance move, lyric... anything!

2:47 of this video will always be one of my favorite Madonna moments ever.

I remember watching the video as a two year old and copying every move she did during that part. Especially the hand movement. I think I even used to wear a button up shirt with the bottom buttons undone :lmao:

How about you guys? :madonna2:

A somewhat cliché choice but this performance is honestly my favorite moment of her whole illustrious career:

Perfection.

The ROL video/song/album/era resonates with me so much so this was absolutely PHENOMENAL to me...

The Vogue performance is one of the most EPIC things that this woman has ever done live on stage. As Woopiedoo says, there's just no way to narrow it down to ONE thing. Maybe top ten things but not ONE thing. My favorite things about Madonna constantly change and evolve and grow as I grow and change. Things I didn't appreciate once before, I appreciate more than ever now. That's so rare. I don't know any other artist that I can say that about. Every other artist, i can I love this album, that one not so much...this is,y favorite video etc...

Vouge S&S is without a doubt my personal favorite Madonna moment. She's gone through countless reinventions but THAT tour, THAT performance, THAT remix, THAT body...ugh. It perfectly encapsulates her raw, raunchy, sticky, sweet, sweaty, 50+ incarnation. I didn't consider myself a fan of hers until early 2008 (when Hard Candy dropped) & I remember bugging my dad ALL YEAR LONG to buy me S&S tickets. He put it off & I eventually gave up trying, until one August night, I stumbled on Youtube and watched this EXACT VIDEO:

I CALLED HIM UP AND DEMANDED TICKETS. I DIDN'T CARE WHAT SEAT, WHAT DATE, WHAT CITY, I HAD TO FUCKING GO! That shitty fan-recorded clip was everything I wanted & needed from Madonna; everything, from the incredible 4M + Vogue mashup, her hard choreography, the lack of actual clothing, EVERYTHING. I still remember memorizing the choreography & dancing along to it, live. It was the highlight of the entire concert for me. Just Madge, basked in violet light, doing her thang w/ the backup dancers dancers. Her pale sculpted body moving to the music... there's a visceral simplicity to it! Seeing it live catapulted me into full blown obsession.

tumblr_mi0xsgpKRb1rxml8no3_500.gif

tumblr_mi0xsgpKRb1rxml8no5_500.gif

tumblr_mi0xsgpKRb1rxml8no6_500.gif

When she disrobed at Cannes Film Festival for Truth or Dare screening .

hs8x.jpg

madonna-live-to-tell-video-cap-0032%5B1%

There are far too many great Madonna moments to list them all. I will say though that one of the most amazing moments is seeing the first major transformation of Madonna's image. Her video to Live to tell was just so out of the blue with the classic look of a beautiful vintage Hollywood star and the song itself was unlike any ballad I had ever heard. Such an incredibly brave thing to do because her whole "Like a virgin" era look was copied everywhere around the world by girls and was so popular. Madonna has proven that her music, looks and image have always changed and evolved. Part of what makes her such a fascinating, fearless and admired artist.

Could never narrow it done to one. Never.

But the Superbowl is def up there.

Just, wow. We all know how fantastic it was. No words to describe it.

Good call! The Superbowl. I remember being in my friend's livingroom and the intro w/ the gladiators, throne, all the gold and black and I couldn't process it. I rudely left early cuz I had to get home and rewatch on the Internet to dissect it all. Such a wonderful weekend to be a Madonna fan and I was in Indianapolis at the time.

I'd have to agree we'd need to extend this topic to 10 things. I can't truly narrow down one.

Vouge S&S is without a doubt my personal favorite Madonna moment. She's gone through countless reinventions but THAT tour, THAT performance, THAT remix, THAT body...ugh. It perfectly encapsulates her raw, raunchy, sticky, sweet, sweaty, 50+ incarnation.

Issac finally said something that didn't shrink my innerds :lol: The reason I'll never answer the question of "M's worst tour" is bc each one has given me AT LEAST one iconic moment that I watch over and over for years. Less than one minute into Vogue, I knew this was the one for S & S and it remains so today.

There really are too many to name. A few that come to mind are...

Watching "Blond Ambition" on HBO.

The "Bedtime Story" video.

Hearing "Frozen" leaked online from that Singapore Madonna website in 1998, and those gorgeously dark opening strings pouring out of my computer speakers like a luscious wave.

Seeing her live for the first time in Chicago 2001. I barely remember the show, I just remember thinking, "I am in the same building as this mighty creature." And I was in total shock.

truth or dare in the cinemas

erotica album and era

into the groove and desperately seeking susan

w.e.

like a prayer video (dancing in front of burning crosses in her pajamas)

mother and father live

dangerous game

hanky panky on the top 40 radio stations

Edited by Stud

madonna-live-to-tell-video-cap-0032%5B1%

There are far too many great Madonna moments to list them all. I will say though that one of the most amazing moments is seeing the first major transformation of Madonna's image. Her video to Live to tell was just so out of the blue with the classic look of a beautiful vintage Hollywood star and the song itself was unlike any ballad I had ever heard. Such an incredibly brave thing to do because her whole "Like a virgin" era look was copied everywhere around the world by girls and was so

popular. Madonna has proven that her music, looks and image have always changed and evolved. Part of what makes her such a fascinating, fearless and admired artist.

Jan I remember this. I was one of those girls. We were caught off guard but it was wonderful and startling at the same time. I remember watching the video with the song and being fascinated with the lyrics and the music and thinking how different she looks.

Vouge S&S is without a doubt my personal favorite Madonna moment. She's gone through countless reinventions but THAT tour, THAT performance, THAT remix, THAT body...ugh. It perfectly encapsulates her raw, raunchy, sticky, sweet, sweaty, 50+ incarnation. I didn't consider myself a fan of hers until early 2008 (when Hard Candy dropped) & I remember bugging my dad ALL YEAR LONG to buy me S&S tickets. He put it off & I eventually gave up trying, until one August night, I stumbled on Youtube and watched this EXACT VIDEO:

I CALLED HIM UP AND DEMANDED TICKETS. I DIDN'T CARE WHAT SEAT, WHAT DATE, WHAT CITY, I HAD TO FUCKING GO! That shitty fan-recorded clip was everything I wanted & needed from Madonna; everything, from the incredible 4M + Vogue mashup, her hard choreography, the lack of actual clothing, EVERYTHING. I still remember memorizing the choreography & dancing along to it, live. It was the highlight of the entire concert for me. Just Madge, basked in violet light, doing her thang w/ the backup dancers dancers. Her pale sculpted body moving to the music... there's a visceral simplicity to it! Seeing it live catapulted me into full blown obsession.

That was so cute....and awesome!

i love it :wow:

will have to think about mine for awhile.

I agree, there are too many to narrow it down to just one, so I'm begrudgingly providing a Top 5 :lol:

Have to agree to Whoopie, THE SUPERBOWL.

Madonna-Standing-throne-illuminati-satan

It was a crowning achievement for her, a culmination of 30 years of sculpting the perfect superstar. My God, she was amazing. I'm sure my mouth was agape as I watched, I could feel the smile on my face, and the lump in my throat when she disappeared in a jet of smoke at the end. I was soooo proud of her. That was the most pride I've ever felt for someone I didn't personally know.

Others:

hero719_63-madonna.jpg

R20060912339_l.jpg

(specifically, the gallop back to the stage at the end of the song)

madonna-papa-dont-preach-video-cap-0015.

a58b68.gif