Which MDNA song has grown on you the most and the least?

elijah

I've loved MDNA since the very beginning, it's one of my favorite albums from her. But the song that has grown on me the most is Best Friend.

Gang Bang on the other hand is surprinsingly the one I listen the least these days. Maybe it's just so different from her discography in general that I think I need to be in the right mood to listen to it...

One of her best albums and most played for me...

LoveSpent is still my jam and I've played it almost daily ever since the album dropped. Having two money obsessed boyfriend's in a row who have let money come between our relationship has kind of helped the track become my favourite. When she sings 'I want you to hold me like you hold your money' and 'you had all of me, you wanted more' I know exactly how she feels. I'm obsessed with those lyrics and I love that pounding beat in the second half.

Most : I Fucked Up (I didn't think much of it at first, but it has really grown on me-especially the faster bridge part

Least: Best Friend ( I just can't warm up to this song although I think it has some great lyrics in the verses)

I loved MDNA from the start but here goes

Best Grower - Masterpiece. I enjoyed it from the word go, but now love it.

Least - Best friend- I just can't get into that song at all. Never liked it and still don't.

Most: Girl Gone Wild - I like it before but I love it now. My most played MDNA song. In fact, it's the only MDNA track on my iPhone :lmao:

Least: Some Girls - forgettable.

Beautiful Killer - overrated :lol: Stranger > Killer

most: ggw, i appreciate the simplicity of it now

least: gang bang, i find it kinda cheesy :huh:

yeah i kinda like ggw now (and i really didn't @ first) however i find gang bang a bit annoying and i loved that at first.

i love im a sinner, im addicted, love spent, beautiful killer, best friend and falling free. always have. even GMAYL is still so fresh today. it's not a good song, but she was right when she said it was different to whats on the radio. there's a fresh playful quirky side to it. so underrated. heck even "i fucked up" has its charm. im so over gang bang now..

Guest bluejean

Hmm.

I would say Love Spent, I'm a Sinner and Masterpiece were the real growers of this album.

The songs that never really grew on me were Superstar, Bday Song and Some Girls.

Most - GMAYL, surprisingly. At first I hated the song so much that I refused to even listen to it, but I've warmed up to it. Whenever I think of it I'm reminded of the amazing Super Bowl show and MDNA tour performance with the suspended drummers. The new Nicki Minaj rap/dance breakdown on the tour version also really improves it and should have been part of the original version of the song.

Least - Superstar. It's way too saccharine and sickeningly chipper and gets on my nerves just as much, if not more, than when it first came out. It reminds me of the other M song I absolutely can't stand - Cherish - in its same over the top cheeriness and annoying repetitiveness.

Edited by Fuzzy Dream

Most: "Some Girls" - I find myself singing bits of it when I drive, especially, "Cash or credit....it's gonna hurt."

Least: Well, nowadays it's "Turn Up the Radio" which is strange because that was one of my favorites at the beginning. It feels very watered down now. It needs some edge. The Offer Nissim mix is still da bomb though.

I Fucked Up

Its one of her best songs ever, really. Should have been a US single.

It has become one of my favorites as well. I often listen to this song. It's interesting there has been many mixed reactions to the song, some positive & many people seem not to care for it.

Most - GMAYL - The "don't play the stupid game" part got into me.

Least - GGW, Gang Bang, B Day, Some Girls, Superstars. Can't stand those.

I don't even know anymore...I haven't listened to MDNA in a while but standout track for me is Falling Free, the worst is b-day song, I fucked up and superstar

Most: Some Girls

At first it just reminded me of early eighties new wave. Then as I listened to it more, loved how Madonna's voice went from robotic to her more normal tone and what she was saying within both. Towards the end her robotic voice merges with her more natural voice and expresses herself more coherently. Oh and I LOVE the whispering!

Least: I guess Best Friend only because I haven't listened to it in awhile. Have to give it another listen.

Most: Some Girls

At first it just reminded me of early eighties new wave. Then as I listened to it more, loved how Madonna's voice went from robotic to her more normal tone and what she was saying within both. Towards the end her robotic voice merges with her more natural voice and expresses herself more coherently. Oh and I LOVE the whispering!

Least: I guess Best Friend only because I haven't listened to it in awhile. Have to give it another listen.

Great description of Some Girls. It is not my favourite song on MDNA by a long shot but I have grown to appreciate it a lot more. I enjoy the lyrics of the song too. They are very clever.

Best Friend is also my least favourite. Great minds think alike.

The most grown on me has to be Gang Bang. I didn't like it at all when I first heard it. It's amazing how much you can click with a song when you're mad at someone lol.

The least grown would probably be B-Day song since it's my least listened-to song from this album. I listen to the Party Rock Remix of GMAYL more lol.