Madonna and Sean Penn are both in Haiti together!!

Barney

Guest Rachelle of London

Sean is accused of beating Robin too. He has issues. Didn't Madonna drop the charges because he was already going to jail for the photographer incident anyway.

Hi~new here, kind of... I've been lurking.

I've been a fan since the dinosaur days and I remember the divorce. I've never seen Madonna speak about the domestic incident but Sean has on several occasions. He talked about it in his autobiography and there used to be a Charlie Rose interview from 1998-ish where he talked about it at length but it seems to be gone now.

Basically, Sean said they fought "all night" and eventually ended it in the morning with him asking her for a divorce. She agreed and said she would come back to the house later to get her things. He told her no she couldn't come back and if she did he "would give her a very severe haircut. Well, she took this threat of a haircut very seriously and took the matter to the police." He then went on to recount how he was sitting in his kitchen eating rice krispies when he heard helicopters overhead and at the same time he heard cars speeding up his drive-way. Charlie Rose asked him what he thought at that moment and Sean said he immediately knew it was Madonna.

So, he then hears a bull horn say "Mr. Penn come outside with your hands up." He says, he went out through the garage and sees several police cruisers are sitting in his drive-way and Madonna is in one of them in the front passenger seat. It is now that he remembers that they own the house jointly and tells the police that she is free to come and go as she pleases as it's her house, and he goes back into the kitchen. Big mistake, as then the police throw smoke grenades through the windows and he comes out and the police "do what they had to do."

Then they got divorced. That's all he said, though there's obviously more to the story. And honestly my take on his attitude was that he was amused and proud of her for bending him over because he deserved it. That is just my opinion though.

I've been a fan since the dinosaur days and I remember the divorce. I've never seen Madonna speak about the domestic incident but Sean has on several occasions. He talked about it in his autobiography and there used to be a Charlie Rose interview from 1998-ish where he talked about it at length but it seems to be gone now.

Basically, Sean said they fought "all night" and eventually ended it in the morning with him asking her for a divorce. She agreed and said she would come back to the house later to get her things. He told her no she couldn't come back and if she did he "would give her a very severe haircut. Well, she took this threat of a haircut very seriously and took the matter to the police." He then went on to recount how he was sitting in his kitchen eating rice krispies when he heard helicopters overhead and at the same time he heard cars speeding up his drive-way. Charlie Rose asked him what he thought at that moment and Sean said he immediately knew it was Madonna.

So, he then hears a bull horn say "Mr. Penn come outside with your hands up." He says, he went out through the garage and sees several police cruisers are sitting in his drive-way and Madonna is in one of them in the front passenger seat. It is now that he remembers that they own the house jointly and tells the police that she is free to come and go as she pleases as it's her house, and he goes back into the kitchen. Big mistake, as then the police throw smoke grenades through the windows and he comes out and the police "do what they had to do."

Then they got divorced. That's all he said, though there's obviously more to the story. And honestly my take on his attitude was that he was amused and proud of her for bending him over because he deserved it. That is just my opinion though.

Madonna, is that you? :lol:

I'm surprised there wasn't much press about the incident when he discussed it in his book and with charlie rose

Wow, thanks for sharing this!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/madonna-boytoy-brahim-zaibat-split/

Madonna & Boytoy Headed For A Split? He’s Getting Close To Hot Blonde Dancer… As She Cozies Up To Ex Sean Penn
They said it wouldn’t last. And it looks like it won’t! Madonna and her French boy toy of nearly three years, Brahim Zaibat, have been separated for weeks while he cozies up to a hot blonde, younger version of his cougar girlfriend in France. Madonna, meanwhile, has been spending lots of time with her ex, Sean Penn.

BWD0-foCMAAgTTL.jpg

BVgGz1tIQAAxv6G.jpg

Bae_vUVCIAARI9C.jpg

tumblr_mumgyoK5QE1s82pzao1_500.gif

Have you seen Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire? That's the kind of hyper masculine man Madonna seems to go for when it comes to marriage. And Penn in the 80's was the perfect mix of Brando and Jimmy Dean, her two male idols. We all know that the girl always loved a challenge and Sean was her perfect match when it comes to a strong ego (interestingly enough they almost shared the same birthday in August, astrologers can expand on this). So this marriage was a clash of the titans. Ironically, what attracted them to each other (strong will, ambition, physicality) was what ultimately tore them apart.

His story sounds more believable. I do believe he was rough with her but not to the point we are led to believe. I think she probably made up a worse scenario to get back at him. The reason I believe that is because I don't see Madonna as the forgiving kind. She hasn't forgiven her own brother yet and we have heard many times that she will move on and leave people that she actually cares about behind. So, I believe that when she writes somebody off her life, she never looks back. If he really was horrible to her, she would never consider him again whether he had a change of heart or not. Don't you think?

My theory (and it's all speculation of course) is that he did ask for the divorce (remember he was the love of her life up until the 90's) and therefore had the upper hand. But she wasn't going to lose this battle, and after realizing that he was indeed going to leave her, she probably was irate and wanted to make him hurt like she was. I've heard that story a thousand times... the scorned lover that takes revenge on the partner that decides to leave. Ultimately she did get the last word on it. He was charged and the marriage was over.

Lastly, I don't think he fought it as hard as he could against the accusations because he probably just wanted it to be over (the media attention). It takes two to fight and he was done.

Those are my two cents.

tumblr_mebykroSTX1qb5dz6.gif

I've been a fan since the "dinasoaur" days... the abuse has been higly exaggerated over the years. I think the issue was that since Sean was known to get physical with the paparazzi, people assumed he was the one who got abusive with Madonna.

Yes, she went to the Sherrif's dept, but I don't believe it was really due to abuse. It was because he refused to let her back into the house to get her things. There may have been threats made. She may have painted a different picture for the cops, but in the end, I agree that she was "hurt" and didn't want to divorce. Her admittance during the filming of Truth or Dare film, just a year after the divorce, that Sean was the "love of her life", tells me that, the divorce wasn't her idea. And if he truly stuck her head in the oven (LOL!!), tied her to a chair, beat on her and cut her hair, she wouldn't be so forthcoming just a year later about Sean being her "true love".

Madonna was too big of a star for a story of her being severely abused not to make the papers. Back then, there was very little said in what happened. I do recall there was a newsbyte back in the day about her going to the police, but it was quite vague and I think over the years it was embellished. I truly believe the police got involved when she was trying to get back into the house and he wouldn't let her. "Daisey's" mention of Sean's version of the story, pretty much verifies that.

That all said, I don't rule out that Sean wasn't abusive in some form. He seemed to have a hot temper and the fact he would go after the paparazzi, makes me wonder if he didn't get physical with Madonna. Though you can bet, Madonna is hardly innocent. I believe she probably pushed his buttons. I believe that if he tried to hit her, she probably would swing back. And quite possibly, she may have been physical at first.

I think he wanted out and she didn't. Madonna isn't the sort of woman who thinks fondly of people who abuse her. I don't believe she would want to stay in a relationship that was abusive.

I've been a fan since the "dinasoaur" days... the abuse has been higly exaggerated over the years. I think the issue was that since Sean was known to get physical with the paparazzi, people assumed he was the one who got abusive with Madonna.

Yes, she went to the Sherrif's dept, but I don't believe it was really due to abuse. It was because he refused to let her back into the house to get her things. There may have been threats made. She may have painted a different picture for the cops, but in the end, I agree that she was "hurt" and didn't want to divorce. Her admittance during the filming of Truth or Dare film, just a year after the divorce, that Sean was the "love of her life", tells me that, the divorce wasn't her idea. And if he truly stuck her head in the oven (LOL!!), tied her to a chair, beat on her and cut her hair, she wouldn't be so forthcoming just a year later about Sean being her "true love".

Madonna was too big of a star for a story of her being severely abused not to make the papers. Back then, there was very little said in what happened. I do recall there was a newsbyte back in the day about her going to the police, but it was quite vague and I think over the years it was embellished. I truly believe the police got involved when she was trying to get back into the house and he wouldn't let her. "Daisey's" mention of Sean's version of the story, pretty much verifies that.

That all said, I don't rule out that Sean wasn't abusive in some form. He seemed to have a hot temper and the fact he would go after the paparazzi, makes me wonder if he didn't get physical with Madonna. Though you can bet, Madonna is hardly innocent. I believe she probably pushed his buttons. I believe that if he tried to hit her, she probably would swing back. And quite possibly, she may have been physical at first.

I think he wanted out and she didn't. Madonna isn't the sort of woman who thinks fondly of people who abuse her. I don't believe she would want to stay in a relationship that was abusive.

What a sexist lot of garbage. As usual, blame the woman and say she exaggerates things. I am so angry reading this and I don't anger much. Have you ever been in love with an abusive person or drunk person ? It is incredibly hard and even though they are abusive you can still love them. Yes, even strong women such as Madonna. It did make the press but Madonna hates being a victim. It is reported at the time that she had bruises all over her. I should not even be discussing this but it seems that people would rather paint Madonna as a vindictive liar than admit Sean could be abusive. For goodness sake, he has been in jail several times - for assault. He is no angel.

What a sexist lot of garbage. As usual, blame the woman and say she exaggerates things. I am so angry reading this and I don't anger much. Have you ever been in love with an abusive person or drunk person ? It is incredible hard and even though they are abusive you can still love them. Yes, even strong women such as Madonna. It did make the press but Madonna hates being a victim. It is reported at the time that she had bruises all over her. I should not even be discussing this but it seems that people would rather paint Madonna as a vindictive liar than admit Sean could be abusive. For goodness sake, he has been in jail several times.

Umm, please don't twist what I said. I didn't say she was a "vindictive liar". In fact, I don't buy she went to the police to report abuse. And no, there was no story at the time, stating she was bruised. Again, that was embellished over time. There was a report that she went to the police, but it was vague. The story that he was abusive was exaggerated as the years went on, based on the fact he was known to get physical with the paparazzi.

My point was that Madonna is too much of a strong woman to allow herself to admit she loves a man that abused her as much as what has been embellished over the years... (head in the oven, tied to a chair, beaten. and hair cut). I even admitted there was a possibility that Sean did get physical with her, but not to the extent of "head in the oven", etc. I also didn't mean for it to come off that I am blaming Madonna, but what I remember of the time and knowing how strong she was, you can bet that if any abuse went on, it was very much Two-sided.

In the end, no one knows the real truth, but the fact she still is quite fond of him all of these years later, is quite telling,... the abuse was quite embellished. I don't buy that MADONNA would think highly of him, all these years later if he abused her to such extent. I don't dismiss the possibility that the two got physical the night she went to the sheriff, but I'm betting it was nothing like anything that was embellished over the years. And I have a feeling, the police were only involved because he wouldn't let her back in the house. It seems I recall that was part of the vague story being reported at the time.

Whoa, it seems I started a bit of something!

I guess it makes sense, as I said I've been a fan forever and when I saw that interview online a few years ago it was all new info for me (and I think saying he asked for the divorce was an error, I think he said "it was decided we would divorce") or something like that. I saw this several years ago.

But let me say this, as a woman: Any form of abuse is wrong. I am certain he stepped over a line that should never be crossed, I'm just not so sure it was to the degree the tabloid press has led us to believe.

Another tid bit, from a different interview, maybe the Rolling Stone cover of Sean in 1995? he mentioned that he once asked Madonna to say something publicly about how he hadn't actually trussed her up like a turkey and such to clear his name and she declined. Lol. Honestly, he has talked about it several times.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna's "strength" has nothing to do with whether she was a victim of domestic abuse. She may appear to be strong to us, but we never know what goes on behind closed doors.

And some relationships are just so twisted, some couples actually get off on the violence, whilst I obviously dont know what happened in their marriage, it wouldnt surprise me if there was violence (mental, emotional, physical) coming from both parties

Whoa, it seems I started a bit of something!

I guess it makes sense, as I said I've been a fan forever and when I saw that interview online a few years ago it was all new info for me (and I think saying he asked for the divorce was an error, I think he said "it was decided we would divorce") or something like that. I saw this several years ago.

But let me say this, as a woman: Any form of abuse is wrong. I am certain he stepped over a line that should never be crossed, I'm just not so sure it was to the degree the tabloid press has led us to believe.

Another tid bit, from a different interview, maybe the Rolling Stone cover of Sean in 1995? he mentioned that he once asked Madonna to say something publicly about how he hadn't actually trussed her up like a turkey and such to clear his name and she declined. Lol. Honestly, he has talked about it several times.

I pretty much agree with everything you've posted. It's all vague and of course, the story was embellished over the years. I always had the impression, Madonna wanted to stay married. I'm sure they eventually agreed to split. But she has always been quite old fashioned when it comes to marriage. She even stated over the years, she felt it should last forever. But of course, she knew realistically that wasn't possible... for both of her marriages.

Even by 1995, Madonna seemed to be a bit jilted by the whole thing, so I can see her being non cooperative to anything Sean requested. In fact, she didn't seem quite pleased when VH1 (I believe in the same year) had brought him out to give her award at the fashion awards.

tumblr_mumgyoK5QE1s82pzao1_500.gif

Have you seen Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire? That's the kind of hyper masculine man Madonna seems to go for when it comes to marriage. And Penn in the 80's was the perfect mix of Brando and Jimmy Dean, her two male idols. We all know that the girl always loved a challenge and Sean was her perfect match when it comes to a strong ego (interestingly enough they almost shared the same birthday in August, astrologers can expand on this). So this marriage was a clash of the titans. Ironically, what attracted them to each other (strong will, ambition, physicality) was what ultimately tore them apart.

His story sounds more believable. I do believe he was rough with her but not to the point we are led to believe. I think she probably made up a worse scenario to get back at him. The reason I believe that is because I don't see Madonna as the forgiving kind. She hasn't forgiven her own brother yet and we have heard many times that she will move on and leave people that she actually cares about behind. So, I believe that when she writes somebody off her life, she never looks back. If he really was horrible to her, she would never consider him again whether he had a change of heart or not. Don't you think?

My theory (and it's all speculation of course) is that he did ask for the divorce (remember he was the love of her life up until the 90's) and therefore had the upper hand. But she wasn't going to lose this battle, and after realizing that he was indeed going to leave her, she probably was irate and wanted to make him hurt like she was. I've heard that story a thousand times... the scorned lover that takes revenge on the partner that decides to leave. Ultimately she did get the last word on it. He was charged and the marriage was over.

Lastly, I don't think he fought it as hard as he could against the accusations because he probably just wanted it to be over (the media attention). It takes two to fight and he was done.

Those are my two cents.

tumblr_mebykroSTX1qb5dz6.gif

I disagree. Madonna would forgive somebody if they changed. I'm sure she loves her two brothers very much but sometimes being around to watch something you love disappear into oblivion/disintegrate in their relationship with you can be very hurtful. Especially when you know you can't do anything in your power to change it. I think Madonna wanted to get her things and she wasn't going to let anybody stop her from doing so. Simple as that. Maybe there was an element of statement in her actions but come on...we 're talking about one of the world's greatest living fire signs.

What a sexist lot of garbage. As usual, blame the woman and say she exaggerates things. I am so angry reading this and I don't anger much. Have you ever been in love with an abusive person or drunk person ? It is incredibly hard and even though they are abusive you can still love them. Yes, even strong women such as Madonna. It did make the press but Madonna hates being a victim. It is reported at the time that she had bruises all over her. I should not even be discussing this but it seems that people would rather paint Madonna as a vindictive liar than admit Sean could be abusive. For goodness sake, he has been in jail several times - for assault. He is no angel.

thank god I'm not the only one shaking my head reading what he said.

Bravo! And thank God you said it Jan!

Bravo! And thank God you said it Jan!

Please, I said nothing sexist. Some people enjoy reading more into what is actually said. :wacko: I never said Sean WASN'T abusive. Nor did I "blame" Madonna. I just feel that there was far more going on then any of us would know, and the media and many fans bought into something far more dramatic than what really happend. Madonna is hardly the type of woman to subject herself to abuse. Though, I didn't say strong women such as her wouldn't be subjected to abuse, but I just believe that they had a violatile relationship where Madonna could have played a huge role in pushing buttons. In no way am I excusing any possible way that Sean was abusive, but let's not fool ourselves. Madonna isn't an ANGEL either.