Why is RIT her worst tour?

Crystal Coffin

It's the 3rd time you've said that. There's no reason to lock this thread. We're having a dicussion. If you don't like it, don't come in here!

Relax FDWID. I'm not serious especially with the :cries: I know threads with a good discussion don't get locked. I'm just expressing my RIT-fanturdism.

Even if RIT was her worst tour (which it isn't), it's still a thousand times better than the best tours some other pop starlettes put together these days... Honestly, her tour power is amazing :wow:

• 4 weeks later...

I saw it from the PIT, and once from far away...my first time seeing here, so I'm biased, but I loved the show. I agree it has not aged well, but then again, we never had a proper version in DVD that we could appreciate.

I saw it 4 times and every time the show and my seat got better.

Finally front row during the 4th show that I attended, managing to attract Madonna her attention and having her pointing and winking at me.

I prefer this show way over S&S, Confessions and MDNA, for the very bare simple overseeable stage set-up, the setlist, the goodlooking dancers and 2 of my favorite tourcostumes in this show.

Pity it never came to an official DVD release but I do have the Lisbon recording plus a very-well-secretly filmed New York show.

But it looks like I am in the minority...

I saw it 4 times and every time the show and my seat got better.

Finally front row during the 4th show that I attended, managing to attract Madonna her attention and having her pointing and winking at me.

I prefer this show way over S&S, Confessions and MDNA, for the very bare simple overseeable stage set-up, the setlist, the goodlooking dancers and 2 of my favorite tourcostumes in this show.

Pity it never came to an official DVD release but I do have the Lisbon recording plus a very-well-secretly filmed New York show.

But it looks like I am in the minority...

That's great you enjoyed the shows you attended. I paid a shitload of money for good tickets to see her twice for RIT, but it was worth it.

The entire AL era is one of my all time favorite time periods from M career,

I'm not much of an eighties M fan, but I thought it was great she performed crowd pleasing songs like Vogue, MG, LAP, ITG, PDP, CFY, & Holiday.

Highlights for me continue to be The Beast Within, Frozen, Burning Up, Lament, Bedtime Stories (Interlude), Nothing Fails, Mother & Father, DTM, & Music.

:thumbsdown: Sad that some people believe the tour sucks & there was never any official DVD to show the tour's many strengths & various highlights.

I'm So Stupid, should've never been removed from the setlist.

I think the setlist is pretty damn near perfect and the Like A Prayer from this tour beats all its recent dance-edm makeovers by a mile.

The Beast Within seguing into Vogue followed oh so seamlessly by Nobody Knows Me and finishing off with Frozen is the best opening act of all the tours. Pure CLASS

I think the setlist is pretty damn near perfect and the Like A Prayer from this tour beats all its recent dance-edm makeovers by a mile.

The Beast Within seguing into Vogue followed oh so seamlessly by Nobody Knows Me and finishing off with Frozen is the best opening act of all the tours. Pure CLASS

This. I didn't like the MDNA version of LAP, bored the crap out of me. The S&S version was dire but I've grown to like it.

I was part of many M forums that were geeking out over it during its run. Many commented that she seemed to be genuinely enjoying herself during the show, unlike DWT, where she seemed to adopt the personas of the characters she was playing. And yes, many fans were genuinely excited to hear hits. It had been 10 years since she'd last performed "Vogue" and more than that for most of the setlist. Concerts are just plain fun when you're with a big group of people singing along together to a song you all know. (For this reason, I simply don't understand the bourgeois attitude many M fans today take towards the hits.)

Hmm, not the case. Doing just hits betrays a lack of confidence toward the current album/era's hits. Also, it implies that M hasn't progressed in her discography since 1988.

what kills me the most is that there is beautifully shot and edited performances from Jonas A that were featured on IGTYAS. If the concert was released with THAT quality, we would all be singing a different tune. what a missed opportunity :(

RIT is arguably one of her best shows, great fun from beginning to end, with very few dull moments

It was her real comeback tour after the "theatrical" DWT

• 2 weeks later...

I wish this thread would die already cuz M doesn't have a worst tour.

THIS !!!

I don't see how RIT could be considered her worst tour at all. Even the costumes thing : she looks beautiful and classy. And her vocals on this were just insane.