Would you care if she never had another "big hit"?

Apples388

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't really care...it's The Guy Oseary business model at this point.

But I'd rather she'd flop with Gang Bang & Falling Free than stuff like GGW and TUTR.

very true. take some risks musically and release them as singles. (frozen, bedtime story, human nature, drowned world, don't tell me)

How many people here even listen to radio anyway? I know I don't, not if I can help it anyway. Radio now is just unnecessary talking that nobody cares about

I stopped listening to the radio in 1998.

But I'd rather she'd flop with Gang Bang & Falling Free than stuff like GGW and TUTR.

IKR! Her MDNA era could have been a lot different with those two releases.

COADF was her vocal-perfection, American Life - acoustic masterpiece. Music & ROL are in history of pop forever. I don't need more but of course it would be nice if she could back and SLAY ALL THESE FUCK BITCHES with another HIT song.

A hit has never equated quality, and a flop doesn't equate mediocrity. It's a language so many people follow that I just can't seem to wrap my brain around. It's always been about the music, that's what I focus on.

I would care if I keep hearing singles being serviced with the specific purpose of catering to mass radio, i.e. 4 Minutes, Gimme All Your Luvin', Turn Up the Radio.

If she decided to release other types of songs, chart positions wouldn't bother me. But since it seems one of her targets/goals with recent music projects is to score top 10 hits, then it does.

Hopefully, with the next music project she will say a big FU to chart success. But it has to be reflected in the music she puts out there to promote the albums.

No, i wouldn't care at all. I'm a Madonna fan because of her music, not her sales. And she's already the best selling female artist of all time, she doesn't need another hit. She has nothing to prove anymore.

Well she needs a song that will appeal to younger people to help propel a single to be a hit. And by that, it doesn't automatically mean it has to be a generic song. If it's new and groundbreaking and catchy and good, the younger people will be caught by it.

I'm glad she's doing Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. Those are free avenues to promote. I think the stage is set for her. She just needs a good song and video and some effort on promotion to capitalize on the free promotion on the Internet and she can have a hit.

Nowadays,the first single from her albums always reaches the Top 10 (at least here in America).Even GMAYL went Top 10.Her biggest problem seems to be the follow-up singles,which usually flop and don't get very much airplay.I'm beginning to wonder if maybe she should just release *one* single from her future albums.This single will get alot of attention and some airplay.Instead of releasing follow-up singles,maybe just send those songs straight to the clubs with fresh remixes? Her music still does well with dance music audiences who go to the clubs.What I'm really saying is...maybe she and her team should focus on strong worldwide sales of the *album*,instead of individual singles that aren't gonna get alot of radio airplay anyway.Aren't we all kinda tired of seeing the same predictable pattern: Madonna releases a new album,the first single goes Top 10,but the two-follow-up singles bomb? Time for a new strategy!

There are other ways of remaining "relevant," and I would be perfectly happy with a great album that's critically acclaimed and gets some Grammy love a la ROL (minus the hits). I'm not crazy about what gets played on the radio these days, so for her to score a hit would mean I probably wouldn't like it very much anyway (like "4 Minutes").

Same.

I'd prefer if she wrote music without the charts in mind.

Also I'd like her to give her vocals more of a go too. It might be age-related but they have sounded thin and devoid of richness in the last two records.

I don't really care...it's The Guy Oseary business model at this point.

I've been saying this for years. Why in the world would you record, let alone release as a single, a track like "Revolver," if you're not going to promote it properly? At least if you're going to put a shit-stain on your legacy, score a hit out of it. Which is why I can't begrudge "4 Minutes." I'm not a fan, but at least she got a Top 5 hit. I would rather have quality music than crappy hits, but the worst is crappy flops!

She's always have big hits. At least among a certain public. Teenagers may or may not follow her, but she'll deliver the goods until she decides not to.

And besides, chart music can be good music too. I don't understand why people say "i don't care about the songs that are trendy nowadays". Please... if Madonna had sung Titanium, for example, our pants would still be wet from all the pleasure!

Have you listened to pop radio at all? There is some great music being played. It is not 2004 any more.

These are the two most played songs in the US right now.

1. LORDE – Royals: 214.665m
2. AVICII – Wake Me Up: 193.575m

Two great songs. What is "generic" or bad about them? People love them because they are very good and unique. Making the difference is the key.

It's Madonna who's releasing "generic" shallow songs like the MDNA singles. She needs to wake up. Don't blame mainstream music. As someone said, if you're gonna flop, at least flop with I'm Addicted instead of GMAYL.

Also, it's impossible to have a big worldwide hit without proper support by an actual record label.

Have you listened to pop radio at all? There is some great music being played. It is not 2004 any more.

Two great songs. What is "generic" or bad about them? People love them because they are very good and unique songs.

It's Madonna who's releasing "generic" shallow songs like the MDNA singles. She needs to wake up. Don't blame mainstream music. As someone said, if you're gonna flop, at least flop with I'm Addicted instead of GMAYL.

Also, it's impossible to have a big worldwide hit without proper support by an actual record label.

:rotfl:

Two great songs. What is "generic" or bad about them? People love them because they are very good and unique. Making the difference is the key.

I agree with you. But Madonna had BIG support with GMAYL, and if the song wasn't a big hit was because public wasn't interested. But it was heavily promoted!

THIS

GMAYL wasn't promoted in the UK at all. Most people thought Masterpiece was a single not GMAYL.

exactly. if this is what Interscope has to offer than i think we will all miss Warner.

GMAYL was premiered in Spanish radiostations and was played EVER HOUR for 48 hours, o'clock. If the song didn't fly afterwards was because people didn't request it. Afterwards, they tried again in some radios with the LMFAO remix, that again had heavy radio exposure.

I wonder why they did it so badly with UK. Interscope is Gaga's label too, isn't it??? And this ArtPop promo is such a mess, that i hope that Madonna is sharp with her next album and makes sure that they do it correctly.

Guest Rachelle of London

You guys are lucky Karbatal. I have NEVER heard GMAYL on radio, infact they were playing Celebration when MDNA was released hahaha I heard Masterpiece daily and I'm a Sinner a few times.

If she has another big hit, great. I don't really pay attention to the charts and haven't for quite awhile. I prefer a solid song/album that may or may not

resonate with the GP, and frankly I don't trust or agree with most of what the GP thinks is good.

That said, I still like songs like GGW and TUTR, but i wouldn't want to hear that again from her.

US Radio isn't gonna play her, youtube is too easy to manipulate, and billboard is now a complete joke, so I'd say no, but you never know.

It was either the label or her who needs a wake up call. A lesson is learned, but the damage was already done. I hope they wont repeat this same strategy for the future release.