Madonna's most overrated album?

horn

Guest Rachelle of London

oops... i bumped it :) ... .... since i'm a new user... i been checking the old pages :p ...

Haha no worries. There's a plethora of great threads that need bumping.

I was going to say COADF but I discovered a new love for the album in the past few months. I don't think anything is overrated. She's done a variety of sounds it's hard to compare them all.

With M releasing less new music between albums, I'm listening to her back discography more often. I'm finding amazing & memorable tracks on each album.

If possible, try to be very open minded about all her albums & eras!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

True Blue and LAV are both overrated for me. I adore the singles on TB but the rest is very thin. I never understood LAV.

True Blue and LAV are both overrated for me. I adore the singles on TB but the rest is very thin. I never understood LAV.

Neither of them are overrated, they aren't fan favourites, nor her most acclaimed by critics.

Personally I'm not fond of True Blue, I find the production on the non singles 2 b horrible, much

like most TOP40 music of that era. LAV on the other hand was very fresh, & still one of the best produced

albums of the mid 80's.

But both r legendary albums, because they r synonymous with that era. Nothing overrated about it. They aren't anything like

MJ's BAD album, now that truly is a shitty record. :chuckle:

But both r legendary albums, because they r synonymous with that era. Nothing overrated about it. They aren't anything like

MJ's BAD album, now that truly is a shitty record. :chuckle:

^Too bad no single critic will agree with this.

So much hate for "Dear Jessie" on this site!

It reminds me of Prince's "Starfish and Coffee," and thought she picked up on his influence because they were dating at the time. I disliked the song they did together, "Love Song," on first listen, sounds like a boring demo.

I think Like a Virgin, True Blue and Music have two or three good songs, but a lot of filler, throwaway tracks.

Confessions really holds up well, and I listen to songs from it at the gym all the time.

So much hate for "Dear Jessie" on this site!

It reminds me of Prince's "Starfish and Coffee," and thought she picked up on his influence because they were dating at the time. I disliked the song they did together, "Love Song," on first listen, sounds like a boring demo.

I think Like a Virgin, True Blue and Music have two or three good songs, but a lot of filler, throwaway tracks.

Confessions really holds up well, and I listen to songs from it at the gym all the time.

Dear Jessie used to be my absolute favourite song ever when I was a kid, that's what got be obsessed with M in the first place, I insisted on buying LAP album back in 1999 for that one track, the rest is history.

Regarding TB album tracks... am I the only one who loves them? White Heat and Where's The Party are fantastic tracks the latter should have been a single. Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round are fun tracks...

Guest CzarnaWisnia

When I was a kid I had the Madonna vinyl, the LAP, I'm Breathless and IC cassettes, but I never had the TB or LAV ones. I only listened to those albums much much later, which might explain my disconnection from the non album tracks of those albums. I only assumed TB and LAV were highly "rated" since they hold a significant clout in pop music history, as they should, driven mostly by their iconic singles of course. That being, when I listened to TB and LAV I just couldn't really enjoy songs like White Heat and Where's the Party. Maybe I'll give it some more listening.

But as for Jimmy and The World Goes..., I have a feeling I like them about as much as M does... :madgemanson:

Dear Jessie used to be my absolute favourite song ever when I was a kid, that's what got be obsessed with M in the first place, I insisted on buying LAP album back in 1999 for that one track, the rest is history.

Regarding TB album tracks... am I the only one who loves them? White Heat and Where's The Party are fantastic tracks the latter should have been a single. Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round are fun tracks...

I love True Blue and don't feel like there is filler - same with Like a Virgin. Always makes me a little sad to see the disdain people have for her early classic pop songs. The pop girls of today could only dream of releasing great pop records like these and having the same reaction.

I love True Blue and don't feel like there is filler - same with Like a Virgin. Always makes me a little sad to see the disdain people have for her early classic pop songs. The pop girls of today could only dream of releasing great pop records like these and having the same reaction.

100% right.

Madonna is what she is because of LAV and TB.

With M releasing less new music between albums, I'm listening to her back discography more often. I'm finding amazing & memorable tracks on each album.

That's the best thing said in this thread :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Well some of us have explored her albums and all tracks back to front for years and love it all.

I've also explored the remixes left right and centre. And live versions. And unreleased tracks. Now after all these years I'm appreciating Dub Remixes :lol: Madonna Madonna Madonna!

Well some of us have explored her albums and all tracks back to front for years and love it all.

I've also explored the remixes left right and centre. And live versions. And unreleased tracks. Now after all these years I'm appreciating Dub Remixes :lol: Madonna Madonna Madonna!

FEVER, BACK TO THE DUB 1.

:wow: