Madonna's most overrated album?

horn

Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica

Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica

True Blue and LAV for certain, but still enjoy several songs on both. These were overall too commercial and pop oriented for me. Her eighties music and I'm Breathless has always been my least favorite music from her amazing discography.

None. But if I m pressed to choose I say Music. Its not among her best, but it benefitted from the fact it was released AFTER the gorgeous ROL. But as a whole I think all her albums are really UNDERrated, especially MDNA...

None. But if I m pressed to choose I say Music. Its not among her best, but it benefitted from the fact it was released AFTER the gorgeous ROL. But as a whole I think all her albums are really UNDERrated, especially MDNA...

Yes! She very rarely gets the credit she deserves, consistently releasing quality music among a sea of crap.

Do people still talk about Music the album? I know a lot of casual fans like the songs Music and Don't Tell Me, but apart from M fans, I hardly hear much about Music the album anymore.

Agree that MDNA is Underrated as an album..but I think the NTP had a lot to do with that

You lack taste.

Even her "big" albums feel a bit underrated (not by fans).

Ray Of Light is the one that seems to be the title thrown around most by non-fans... as in: "I hate that old bitch, but Ray Of Light sounds great on my [insert brand name and model number of rich, old white man's preferred sound system]..."

And, of all LP's, Music is absolutely not overrated. :hurt:

You lack taste.

Nobody else mentioned "Erotica"...this basically proofs that it's her most overrated album (nowadays). We actually celebrated it's "birthday" two years in a row...and the fact you're complaining about me calling "Erotica" her most overrated shows that I'm right about it. It was underrated for a long time but the recent hype it gets and the way Madonna fans hail it as her best is really really overexaggerated.

Even her "big" albums feel a bit underrated (not by fans).

Ray Of Light is the one that seems to be the title thrown around most by non-fans... as in: "I hate that old bitch, but Ray Of Light sounds great on my [insert brand name and model number of rich, old white man's preferred sound system]..."

I was originally going to say COADF, but I think you nailed it with this. ROL is one of her best. Definitely Top 3 for me, but it annoys me quite a bit that non-fans seems to name-drop this album when she has so many other albums that are as good, if not better (Erotica, Music, LAP).

Nobody else mentioned "Erotica"...this basically proofs that it's her most overrated album (nowadays). We actually celebrated it's "birthday" two years in a row...and the fact you're complaining about me calling "Erotica" her most overrated shows that I'm right about it. It was underrated for a long time but the recent hype it gets and the way Madonna fans hail it as her best is really really overexaggerated.

Being popular with the base doesn't make it overrated. Madonna hardly performs songs from it.