How old where you when you saw your first M show?

Alpha

OMG I'd kill to have seen that.

I would *almost* say that seeing her in UP FOR GRABS in 2002 was a more amazing experience than seeing her at any of her concerts (been to every tour since Girlie Show).

What do you remember about seeing Speed-The-Plow?

Do you remember which date? How your family ended up getting tickets (was it easy?).

Please tell all! :-)

I know, looking back I still can't believe I was able to see that!

I saw the performance on July 1, 1988 (which incidentally happened to be the same day as the airing of her infamous appearance with Sandra Bernhard on Letterman). My family and I are from Kansas City, but we were visiting my uncle, who lives in NY. A few days before our trip he called to let us know that he got us tickets to a performance of "Speed the Plow," as he knew how big of a Madonna fan I was (lol and still am). I don't remember a whole lot about the actual play (this was almost 26 years ago!), but I remember just being in total awe the whole time. Basically "oh my god, it's Madonna... OMG...MADONNA" thoughts were running through my head the entire time. It was crazy.

After the show, we all went back by where the stage door was to try to catch a glimpse of her. Not sure how long we waited, but soon enough out she comes with Sean, where they both immediately ducked into the car waiting for them. My dad was able to take a couple of photos (one of which I had framed by my bed forever). I have another that I found recently and should scan. And I still have one or two of the Playbills, which are somewhere at my parent's house.

Anyway, that's all I can seem to remember!!

I know, looking back I still can't believe I was able to see that!

I saw the performance on July 1, 1988 (which incidentally happened to be the same day as the airing of her infamous appearance with Sandra Bernhard on Letterman). My family and I are from Kansas City, but we were visiting my uncle, who lives in NY. A few days before our trip he called to let us know that he got us tickets to a performance of "Speed the Plow," as he knew how big of a Madonna fan I was (lol and still am). I don't remember a whole lot about the actual play (this was almost 26 years ago!), but I remember just being in total awe the whole time. Basically "oh my god, it's Madonna... OMG...MADONNA" thoughts were running through my head the entire time. It was crazy.

After the show, we all went back by where the stage door was to try to catch a glimpse of her. Not sure how long we waited, but soon enough out she comes with Sean, where they both immediately ducked into the car waiting for them. My dad was able to take a couple of photos (one of which I had framed by my bed forever). I have another that I found recently and should scan. And I still have one or two of the Playbills, which are somewhere at my parent's house.

Anyway, that's all I can seem to remember!!

Amazing. Thanks for writing that.

Would love to see the pics. Can't believe you saw Madonna & Sean in the flesh together in 1988. I spent that year bombarded with photos of them in every newspaper and magazine it seemed - seeing Madonna in the flesh back then was complete fantasy for me.

Amazing. Thanks for writing that.

Would love to see the pics. Can't believe you saw Madonna & Sean in the flesh together in 1988. I spent that year bombarded with photos of them in every newspaper and magazine it seemed - seeing Madonna in the flesh back then was complete fantasy for me.

I was able to find one of the pics recently, but we had to put a bunch of stuff in storage (the photo is in an album that's now in storage) as we are in the process of trying to sell our home. As soon as I'm able to, though, I will scan it in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mom was 5 months pregnant with me when she went and saw the Virgin Tour.

I love this. too cool

I was 18. Toronto. Reinvention Tour

Guest whatatramp

8 RIT London, I wasn't a Madonna fan then one of my dad's friends was a Madonna loon and someone had cancelled on him at the last minute I think so he had an extra ticket how fucking lucky, he still has my ticket stub i'm gonna text him

It was actually my second concert after Sean Paul hahahah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest L4jo1e

i was 16.

i went to the Sticky & Sweet Tour here in my city. I was seated far from the stage but it was still an awesome experience, my first Madonna on and my first show ever