The Look of Love

Guest Pud Whacker

I adore this song. Always have. Best song on WTG soundtrack too. I was so disappointed it underperformed in comparison to her other hits of the time. I think it's better than CFY. Great lyrics, great tune. Absolutely beautiful. It should have been on Something To Remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have fitted right in there!

Aside from the uk, was it released anywhere else. Did not even realize that it was a single growing up in the eighties. At least we can say that it was Madonna's first " throw away/ non effort " single ;)

I enjoy the four songs from whose that girl ( heavily underrated period by Madonna these days :( )

It was released in several European countries (e.g. Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands), as well as the UK and Ireland.

It could be argued that "Gambler" was a "throwaway" single, since it was basically just plonked into stores in a small number of markets.

"Angel" wasn't given the video treatment because Warners were concerned about Madonna being overexposed at MTV, since "Crazy For You" and ""Into The Groove" were in heavy rotation concurrently, and "Material Girl" was still receiving a lot of airtime.

I concur with everyone here - this song is one of my favorites and one that so many people forget about. I love the sound of it. I can see the scenes from the movie in my head whenever I hear it :lol: